Windows 10: Windows 10, search bar no longer works.

Discus and support Windows 10, search bar no longer works. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been running avast antivirus software. I was going to unload avast and discovered a 'repair' option so I tried it. Rebooted the machine and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xboeing, Jul 22, 2016.

1. xboeing Win User

Windows 10, search bar no longer works.

I have been running avast antivirus software.

I was going to unload avast and discovered a 'repair' option so I tried it. Rebooted the machine and TADA. I now have my search bar working again.

Hope this works for you.

:)

xboeing, Jul 22, 2016

2. Start button and Search bar no longer works

Well that was about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

So my new user account allows me to use the start and search but all my documents are in my other user account.

I can't even open my scanner without logging into another user account, but then any documents are in the wrong place when I save them.

And I've just come full circle in that I can't get all of the windows updates to install.

DerekDunne, Jul 22, 2016
  3. Start button and Search bar no longer works

Windows has updated the OS to a later version of Windows 10,

But now I can't access any programs from the start button. Nothing happens there. Also the search tab doesn't let me type anything in either.

I can't open anything other than programs that are already on my taskbar.

What is going on and why can't I open windows update to see if there are any updates to install?

DerekDunne, Jul 22, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi xboeing and welcome to Tenforums.

Thanks for posting your problem and solution. Please mark the thread as solved, so people know you have a possible solution here for this problem. Thanks *Smile

simrick, Jul 23, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10, search bar no longer works. - Similar Threads - search bar longer

2. My start button and search bar are no longer working Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My start button and search bar are no longer working Windows 10: My start button and search bar are no longer working Windows 10. Search bar will not receive any characters I type. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-button-and-search-bar-are-no-longer/8cfcd361-ea90-49cf-9622-647a31820fee
  3. My start button and search bar are no longer working Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My start button and search bar are no longer working Windows 10: My start button and search bar are no longer working Windows 10. Search bar will not receive any characters I type. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-button-and-search-bar-are-no-longer/8cfcd361-ea90-49cf-9622-647a31820fee
  4. My start button and search bar are no longer working Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 search bar not working

Windows 10 search bar not working: Windows 10 search bar not working. Tried to Google for repair and nothing seems to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-bar-not-working/79061bb5-9723-4f60-9aa5-50c041c44359
  6. Windows 10 search bar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 search bar not working: I have searched the internet for some possible fixes, but none have worked, my search window doesn't even appear. When I click the search bar, it does nothing, the text cursor does not appear, the search window does not appear, and it does not allow me to type. Can anyone...
  7. The Windows 10 search bar is not working.

The Windows 10 search bar is not working.: Hi, When I use the Windows search bar, it closes automatically or when I type. I have tried various fixes, but nothing seems to work. This started to happen after I modified my taskbar and also installed a translucent taskbar app....
  8. Windows 10 May 2004 Update - Search Bar No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 May 2004 Update - Search Bar No Longer Working: Hey All - I just got the download for the 2004 update today, and after completing the update, am no longer able to use the search bar on my computer. If I click into it, it tries to pop up a blank window before instantly closing back down again. I also seem to be missing the...
  9. Windows 10 search bar not working

Windows 10 search bar not working: Whenever I press the search bar it either pops up as a grey screen for a second and crashes, or just disappears. This has been going on for the past day, I’ve tried restarting but it hasn’t worked. Any help would be appreciated. submitted by /u/C0nfusedBoy [link]...
  10. Search bar not working on Windows 10

Search bar not working on Windows 10: [ATTACH] Hello, since this morning the Windows 10 search bar is not working. When I am trying to search for something, its just empty. I've tried many things on the Internet but cannot find anything. Maybe you guys have a solution to my problem ? Thank you....