Windows 10: Windows 10, search bar no longer works.

Discus and support Windows 10, search bar no longer works. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been running avast antivirus software. I was going to unload avast and discovered a 'repair' option so I tried it. Rebooted the machine and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xboeing, Jul 22, 2016.

1. xboeing Win User

Windows 10, search bar no longer works.

I have been running avast antivirus software.

I was going to unload avast and discovered a 'repair' option so I tried it. Rebooted the machine and TADA. I now have my search bar working again.

Hope this works for you.

:)

xboeing, Jul 22, 2016

2. Start button and Search bar no longer works

Well that was about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

So my new user account allows me to use the start and search but all my documents are in my other user account.

I can't even open my scanner without logging into another user account, but then any documents are in the wrong place when I save them.

And I've just come full circle in that I can't get all of the windows updates to install.

DerekDunne, Jul 22, 2016
  3. Start button and Search bar no longer works

Windows has updated the OS to a later version of Windows 10,

But now I can't access any programs from the start button. Nothing happens there. Also the search tab doesn't let me type anything in either.

I can't open anything other than programs that are already on my taskbar.

What is going on and why can't I open windows update to see if there are any updates to install?

DerekDunne, Jul 22, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi xboeing and welcome to Tenforums.

Thanks for posting your problem and solution. Please mark the thread as solved, so people know you have a possible solution here for this problem. Thanks *Smile

simrick, Jul 23, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10, search bar no longer works. - Similar Threads - search bar longer

2. Window 10 Search bar not working

in Cortana
    Window 10 Search bar not working: Hi Everyone, I have a issue that Search is not working for my notebook I need to restart window explorer service and it will be resume But, if I restart or shutdown my notebook, I need to restart the service again May it be anyone know how to fix it? OS:window 10...
  3. Search Bar didn't work!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search Bar didn't work!: [ATTACH] There are nothing in there. How can I search? Even I type something it won't show anything Just show some blue dots Note: I wait so long time I tried trobleshooting Windows 1903 18362.175...
  4. Search bar not working

in Cortana
    Search bar not working: The search option no longer finds files, art or documents on my computer. All searches go directly to the web. I do not use Cortana, but type in the bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-not-working/bcc12bd5-e462-4966-aae8-623165bfd76e"
  5. Windows 10 search bar not working

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search bar not working: In the past when I would type the name of a program into the search bar (for example: "word"), the program would open. Now, when I do this, it searches the internet. How do I go back to the way it was? I can't find my programs now! Thank you in advance for your help....
  6. Cortana Search Bar Not Working

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar Not Working: My Cortana search bar (on the taskbar) has quit working in the past week or so. I cannot search for apps, files, or web results. Any query entered simply returns a blank white screen. The search bar in file explorer still works to search for files. Running Windows 10 Pro on...
  7. cortana search bar not working

in Cortana
    cortana search bar not working: as the title said, my cortana search bar isnt working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-search-bar-not-working/22aa3cbd-4fc3-4f23-8a8e-b068530a646c"
  8. Search bar does not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search bar does not work: I can not enter any item in the search bar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-does-not-work/aa1a60df-7d11-459c-97c5-e41a5cea64c6
  9. search bar/cortana not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    search bar/cortana not working: my searchbar/cortana has suddenly stopped working, when I click I get a message telling me there is a problem, please sign out. so I googled the problem I ran the systen file checker which reported a problem and said it was fixed, problem still there I reinstalled all...
  10. Windows 10 - Search Bar Not Works Sometimes

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 - Search Bar Not Works Sometimes: Normally it does, but sometimes when I click on it not. The same for Cortana's microphone icon. So I need to reboot to fix it all the time... so annoying. I don't know what happens. Thanks ): 25013