Windows 10: Windows 10 Search/Cortana always stop working after period of time

Discus and support Windows 10 Search/Cortana always stop working after period of time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have windows 10 x64 1709 16299.334 . with Amd TR4 1950x . Everytime I put my computer on Lock Windows button + L for a period of time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by x7007, Apr 5, 2018.

1. x7007 Win User

Windows 10 Search/Cortana always stop working after period of time

Hi,

I have windows 10 x64 1709 16299.334 . with Amd TR4 1950x .

Everytime I put my computer on Lock Windows button + L for a period of time like hours , and I come back trying to open the Search it doesn't open . when trying to open the Start Menu it takes like 2 sec to open it , and when trying to write something in the Start Menu it doesn't write anything.

The only thing that fixes it is to End Task Cortana from task manager. nothing else fixes it , stopping / starting services , closing other Tasks .

I can't figure what causing it, it also happened to me with the other computer 3770K which the same windows was there .

What I use the most but sometimes those programs are not opened when the issue happen.

Discord , Utorrent 2.2.1 ,Chrome , Process Hacker 3.x

:)

x7007, Apr 5, 2018

2. The search feature in cortana is not working after resetting Windows 10.

After resetting windows 10, Windows 10 search has stopped working. I tried stopping and starting cortana and windows explorer. I also tried to stopping and starting windows search from services.msc. Even Search and index troubleshooting is no help. The search
    always shows a blank window. Even web search results wont appear. Also after reset win32 applications dont show up in the start menu. Installed programs and present in the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs. All UWP applications except mail
    and edge dont work. Splash screen shows and it closes the app.

(Previous subject:Windows 10 start menu problems after resetting)

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

Adityads93, Apr 5, 2018
  3. Windows 10 apps close imediately, but open 2nd time

I have tried all of the various solutions posted when apps won't open or the store wont open, from wsreset.exe to all of the various troubleshooters in Windows 10 The apps will open, immediately close, and then open and function perfectly when opened a
    2nd time. This effects all of the built in apps, not just some.

As a side note/related issue, the Cortana search window will stop functioning periodically as well. When this happens, I can't communicate via audio, but I can type in the search bar (but I can't see what I'm typing), and if I've typed correctly and hit
    enter, the program or file I was searching for will open. This tells me its not a problem with indexing or searching (I've run that troubleshooter more times than I can count). Task manager>Cortana>stop process always resets this and brings Cortana back.

I've tried logging in with 3 different user profiles. They all do the same thing. Rebooting the computer always brings things back and the apps will open the first time. As time passes, conflicts/problems arise and things begin to stop functioning.

The one constant that I'm starting to wonder about is program conflicts. Is that possible? I run J River Media Center on all my computers to stream audio and video around the house. If this is causing problems, what workarounds/solutions might there
    be?

KenRylander, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Search/Cortana always stop working after period of time

1. Windows 10 Search/Cortana always stop working after period of time - Similar Threads - Search Cortana always

2. Windows Key Stops Working After a Period of Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Key Stops Working After a Period of Time: I've just recently seen this behavior start, but after my laptop is asleep lid closed for a while the Windows key stops functioning. A reboot fixes it but it starts back up again. What should I do here?...
  3. Windows Key Stops Working After a Period of Time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Key Stops Working After a Period of Time: I've just recently seen this behavior start, but after my laptop is asleep lid closed for a while the Windows key stops functioning. A reboot fixes it but it starts back up again. What should I do here?...
  4. KVM Unit's Trackpad Stops Working After Period of Time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    KVM Unit's Trackpad Stops Working After Period of Time: Setup: - KVM unit connected via USB to machine. - KVM unit powered via separate power supply from machine. Morning, I have an issue with the trackpad on my KVM unit not working after a period of time. On initial start-up of the machine the KVM unit is fully operational, after...
  5. KVM Unit's Trackpad Stops Working After Period of Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KVM Unit's Trackpad Stops Working After Period of Time: Setup: - KVM unit connected via USB to machine. - KVM unit powered via separate power supply from machine. Morning, I have an issue with the trackpad on my KVM unit not working after a period of time. On initial start-up of the machine the KVM unit is fully operational, after...
  6. KVM Unit's Trackpad Stops Working After Period of Time

7. Cortana Search Bar Randomly stops working

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar Randomly stops working: So I'm on Windows 10 v20H2 and whenever I restart my laptop or whenever the system boots, the search bar just doesn't work. I did some research previously and found that running the .exe at this file path "fixes" it, except I'd have to do it each time the search bar stops...
  8. WINDOWS, CORTANA AND SEARCH ICONS ARE SUDDENLY STOPS WORKING

in Cortana
    WINDOWS, CORTANA AND SEARCH ICONS ARE SUDDENLY STOPS WORKING: On a faithful day, I restarted my windows 10 pc and the Windows icon, Cortana Icon and search box stop working, no matter how many times i click them. Please does anyone knows the solution to my problems. I am in great need of the search and windows icon. Please...
  9. Cortana and search not working window 10..

Cortana and search not working window 10..: I am facing problems, and some of the inbuilt functions are also not functioning as expected. The Start Menu, Cortana and the Taskbar Search functions in Windows 10 operating system have been one of the most useful features that let me search any file without leaving the...
  10. Windows Start menu and Cortana/ Search stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Start menu and Cortana/ Search stopped working: Have the Anniversary edition. Suddenly the start menu and Cortana have stoped working. As has right click menus on the start bar? It was okay after the initial install?? Have tried several restarts but no change. Dan 60994

Users found this page by searching for:

1. What happens after you use Cortana over a period of time

2. Is there a way to have Cortana pause for a predetermined period of time