Windows 10: Windows 10 Search/Cortana Bug

Discus and support Windows 10 Search/Cortana Bug in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys. I did a fresh reinstall of Windows 10. Worked flawlessly, even the activation (pretty proud of myself lol) but bit of a weird bug happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AntJac, Dec 30, 2015.

1. AntJac Win User

Windows 10 Search/Cortana Bug

Hi guys. I did a fresh reinstall of Windows 10. Worked flawlessly, even the activation (pretty proud of myself lol) but bit of a weird bug happens sometimes. If I left click on Search next to start bar, it will light up but not open. It will on the second click but just a bit of an annoyance. Somethinf similar happened with Store where it flashed them closed. I clicked it again and its been working fine since and it also happened once on Windows Update. Not major issues I know but I'd love to know what it is. Thanks *Smile

Edit: I have done a SFC check and its come back with no errors. It did happen prior to the clean reinstall and I did the powershell command but it made all the apps go funny with a @ at the beginning of them.

:)

AntJac, Dec 30, 2015
  2. remaker Win User

Windows 10 Taskbar on Second monitor won't auto-hide.

Do you have the search/Cortana box hidden? When I disabled "Hide search box" auto hide started working again,. I think it is a bug in Windows 10.

remaker, Dec 30, 2015
  3. We're Getting Search Ready & Cortana

So, there's a bug in the search which is really very annoying, the "We're getting search ready...." bug. The search was completely fine for 2-3 days after I upgraded to the Windows 10. So, anybody knows a fix for this?

And I also wanted to ask that when is Cortana coming to India? It could at least be available to the people who speak English.

TanujSingh, Dec 30, 2015
  4. lmaneke Win User

Is this Windows 10 original version or version 10586? The new Windows version has a lot of bugs and I do believe that was one of them. I reverted back to the original version of Windows 10. If you choose to stay with 10586, you may to wait till Microsoft releases a patch. Although not everyone has experienced this issue.

lmaneke, Dec 31, 2015
  5. AntJac Win User
    I'm on the new build. So glad its not just me. I thought it would have been my DVD burning program as I only really notice it during or after shortly I have closed down that program. I was going to try running in compatibility mode but if it is a known bug then that's fine I thought it was just me! Thanks for the reply

AntJac, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Search/Cortana Bug - Similar Threads - Search Cortana Bug

2. Windows 10 search bug!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 search bug!: Maybe this is a bug, but the main problem is that after turning on the system and loading Windows 10, when I press the [Win Key] + [S] key to search, the search window opened is different.Normally, the height of Start Menu is equal to the height of Windows search. But after...
  3. Windows 10 search bug!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 search bug!: Maybe this is a bug, but the main problem is that after turning on the system and loading Windows 10, when I press the [Win Key] + [S] key to search, the search window opened is different.Normally, the height of Start Menu is equal to the height of Windows search. But after...
  4. Windows 10 search bug!

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 Search bug

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search bug: Hello! I have a weird windows 10 visual bug that bothers me. Every time after a few minutes the windows search bar will start to look weird. To fix it I have to press it but it happens again. Here is a link with an image: https://ibb.co/sy1mfkj...
  6. Cortana Bug

in Cortana
    Cortana Bug: Hi, I'm experiencing bugs when i try to set an alarm using cortana.Firstly, i type "set an alarm at 12.30pm today"Then it asks me "what time would you like your alarm?" at this part, the first problem appears. it does not understand my command while other normal commands such...
  7. Cortana interfering with search engine preference in Vivaldi browser - Windows 10 search bug?

in Cortana
    Cortana interfering with search engine preference in Vivaldi browser - Windows 10 search bug?: Split from this thread. Jim, Hi, I have a search question too. I installed win 10 home pro 3 days ago. I use vivaldi as my browser. I am not able to use the address bar as search or the search bar on the top right. Cortana apparently would not allow that. So I disabled...
  8. Windows 10 search bug

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 search bug: So I just bought a new pc today, came with windows 10. When i tried to type in the search box, it keeps selecting the microphone for cortana. It doesn’t let me type unless I click and type at the same time non stop. It also presents a problem when I try to bring up the...
  9. Cortana & Search all in window 10

in Cortana
    Cortana & Search all in window 10: Cortana & Search all in window 10 and it is very usefull too search voice and text both. Check this out for more info about search in window 10. Check this out also Online Agri Shop...
  10. Cortana Search In Windows 10 Not Working

in Cortana
    Cortana Search In Windows 10 Not Working: After the Windows 10 update on March 12, 2019 last Tuesday, I noticed that the Cortana search is not working anymore. When I type some input letters on the Cortana search bar, Cortana only takes in and displays the first two letters I typed on the search bar every time. Then,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows search cortana bug