Windows 10: Windows 10 search far worse than Windows 8.3

Discus and support Windows 10 search far worse than Windows 8.3 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I hate the search in Windows 10. It never finds files that were always found searching in Windows 8. Windows 10 searching is virtually useless. Under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikechilds54, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Windows 10 search far worse than Windows 8.3

I hate the search in Windows 10. It never finds files that were always found searching in Windows 8. Windows 10 searching is virtually useless. Under windows 8, one could retain the search results. I have not found how to do this in Windows 8. Nor does windows 10 seem to be aware of the content of my Word files. It can never find what am looking for, Windows 8 could.

That is really my only complaint about Windows 10. The search, even with what's her name, is a big step backwards. Unacceptable.

:)

mikechilds54, Oct 22, 2015

2. Windows 10 memory management error

I type Troubleshooting in the search box and get nothing, just a blank box. This Windows 10 is worse than any other of it's predecessors.

Eurasian Kingfisher, Oct 22, 2015
  3. c-squared Win User
    "This computer can't connect to a homegroup." with windows 10

Here's the truly funny part. Microsoft wants everyone to upgrade to Windows 10. Go it. So why, when I do a search, do I get instruction on how to do this in Windows 7??? Duh! Come on Microsoft you should have called this fiasco Windows 8.3.....no
    major leap here.

c-squared, Oct 22, 2015
  4. Windows 10 search far worse than Windows 8.3

firebasejay, Oct 22, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 search far worse than Windows 8.3

1. Windows 10 search far worse than Windows 8.3 - Similar Threads - search far worse

2. Windows 10 Search opening 3 Application Instances

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Search opening 3 Application Instances: To open an application from the search bar, I normally type in the applications name until it appears on the top of the list (and highlighted) and then press the keyboard return key. What used to happen is that one copy of the application would open, but having upgraded to...
  3. Is my laptop better or worse for gaming than xbox on s?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my laptop better or worse for gaming than xbox on s?: Hi, My laptop specs are: Intel Core i7-8565U 8GB RAM Nvidia GeForce 1050 GPU Are these specs better or worse for gaming than the Xbox one s? Thanks...
  4. Could Windows Update be worse?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Could Windows Update be worse?: Could you make Windows Update worse? If you put your mind and ressources to it, could you? No. You couldn't. Windows Update finished to kill my computer. Now it is finally as slow as it can ever be. Thank you Microsoft. You made it. The worst piece of **** ever....
  5. Far Cry 3 Save Probleme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Far Cry 3 Save Probleme: Hi i just played far cry 3 and i just complete the story line then when i just re opened the game then i found out that the save file is deleted i can only play a new game i still got the save file in my document plz help me also can you play far cry 3 classic edition on pc...
  6. Window update 10 the worse

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window update 10 the worse: i coudnt do much when the window updating,everything become slow.When finish update ask for restart,become a blue screen and load update.worse part it just take hour to update to know it stuck at 15%.for hours.....window update is like a virus...worse of all....
  7. Is my CyberPowerPC better worse than a build?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is my CyberPowerPC better worse than a build?: I have been rammaging through the internet for a good PC to start gaming on. Has anyone heard of the CYBERPOWERPC BattleBox Ultimate SLC8600A PC? Admittedly, I do own the PC after visiting with a friend that owns it. From the few hours I've been using it, it feels like a...
  8. Windows 10 has a much lower volume than 7/8

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 has a much lower volume than 7/8: Hi everyone. My max (100) volume on Windows 10 is about 40% of what it used to be on previous windows. I can barely hear anything on YouTube. I found about 5-6 topics on google discussing this, but none of the solutions worked. I've tried reinstalling the driver, tried...
  9. Laptop performance worse than before/Fan louder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop performance worse than before/Fan louder: I upgraded to Windows 10 about a week ago, and performance was fine. Then later on performance got worse. I notice lag in Firefox here and there and when typing sometimes (even right now). I usually just have Firefox, Steam and Skype open. Now the fan is louder than usual....
  10. My Black Screen is worse than your Black Screen....

in Windows 10 Support
    My Black Screen is worse than your Black Screen....: Pardon my verbosity, but I want to make sure myself clear. My computer is your basic homebrew office desktop: Asus H87-M-E MB with Intel Core i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00GHz, 8 GB RAM in a Cooler Master Case the size of a doghouse. No neon or gaming stuff, but it worked perfectly....