Windows 10: Windows 10 search not working

Discus and support Windows 10 search not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win 10 search is not working. I did get it to work by signing in as a local account and than back to signing in with a microsoft account. After a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Slugger, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Slugger Win User

Windows 10 search not working

Win 10 search is not working. I did get it to work by signing in as a local account and than back to signing in with a microsoft account. After a reboot it works. I wonder if it has something to do with Cortrana?

Is there a way to reset or reinstall Win 10 search app?

:)

Slugger, Aug 1, 2015

2. Error code 0xA00F4244(0xC00D36D5) on using Camera on Windows 10.

my camera ids not working

camera not working, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Skyfire stopped supporting all windows 6.5 phones

Skyfire stopped supporting all windows 6.5 phones so why is it still on markeplace and is Microsoft going to stand up for us now that all they care about is android and Iphone

SKYFIRE NOT WORKING, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Slugger Win User

I did get windows search working again by restarting windows explorer in Task Manager. *Think

Still not convinced it solved the problem but will mark as solved.

Slugger, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 search not working - Similar Threads - search working

2. My Window search as well as File explorer search is not working.

in Cortana
    My Window search as well as File explorer search is not working.: Hello Everyone, I am facing this issue past of few days as my windows search is not working. I read so many articles but nothing is seems to be helpful for me. As you can able to see my Indexing Option Page [ATTACH] Past of 2 hours, it is still searching for index. If I...
  3. file explorere search still doesn't work correctly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    file explorere search still doesn't work correctly.: I use file explorer to search through my documents and it doesn't find all the relevant files. What is really annoying is when it fails to find the file by the file's name. Even when I put in the full name with extension, it will not find the file. The tool hasn't worked...
  4. Search function not working in any folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search function not working in any folder: Hey, I noticed a week ago or something like that when I was gonna search for a picture in one of my folders that the search function wasn't working as intended. I didn't think much of it then and decided to just find the picture by scrolling through a bit since I figured...
  5. search does not work in certain folders

in Cortana
    search does not work in certain folders: Idk why but search just doesn't work in certain folders mostly a user folder for a non hotmail account that can no longer be logged into how do I fix this?...
  6. Start Panel Search not working when offline

in Cortana
    Start Panel Search not working when offline: For some reason, a few months now, Search from the Start Panel doesn't work when I'm offline. Tried every solution suggested online, no improvement. This is all I see when I start typing the item I'm looking for & it stays that way[ATTACH]...
  7. Win 10 Pro search bar "Type here to search" not working

in Cortana
    Win 10 Pro search bar "Type here to search" not working: I can type a query into the search bar, and it gives me options to click on. Regardless of what I click on a large search window appears briefly then closes. Ideas?...
  8. Factory reset caused settings, search bar and edge to stop working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Factory reset caused settings, search bar and edge to stop working: I recently preformed a factory reset on my Surface Pro and now nothing on my computer works. The taskbar is displaying the settings icon but wont let me go into it, I’ve no internet explorer and it wont let me go into Microsoft Edge and it also wont let me access the search...
  9. Windows 10 Start Button and search box do not work after last "critical update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Button and search box do not work after last "critical update: After the last "critical update" on June 24, my computer's start button and search box do not work. Also, under the "Computer" tab in File Explorer, I tried clicking on the Settings button as well as the "Uninstall a program" button and neither seem to do anything as well....
  10. Window 10 Search bar not working

in Cortana
    Window 10 Search bar not working: Hi Everyone, I have a issue that Search is not working for my notebook I need to restart window explorer service and it will be resume But, if I restart or shutdown my notebook, I need to restart the service again May it be anyone know how to fix it? OS:window 10...