Windows 10: Windows 10 Search Question

Discus and support Windows 10 Search Question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Sorry for asking about search here but I tried to find something on this but couldn't. When I do a Search Windows, I get limited results a few Best... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gator5000e, Oct 12, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Search Question

Sorry for asking about search here but I tried to find something on this but couldn't. When I do a Search Windows, I get limited results a few Best Match results, one folder and one or two documents. So where are the rest of the search results? Clicking on Search My Stuff does nothing.

So I am looking for something that will search like Windows 7 search did. It was great. It would search all my files and email and list all the results together in one results box.

Windows 10 search is pathetic, at least how it's working on my computer. So any ideas on how to get all my results on a search instead of the 4-5 results shown on the pop up search bar?

I'd even go to a third party program if anyone thought there was a decent one that is similar to Windows 7.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Gator5000e, Oct 12, 2015

2. Windows 10 search question

Hi all,

I recently tried a wild card search for a file. I found if I started the search at the drive, the file was not found. If I searched from the first folder of the folder structure that the file was in the file was found. The drive is shown in indexing option
    as being indexed at the root level.

My backup drives are external USB drives and are not indexed, yet a search for that file on those drives found the file.

What am I doing wrong? I will rebuild the index and see what happens.

Regards,

Steve

Photoman9876, Oct 12, 2015
  3. Windows 10 search question

Hi Steve,

Typing in the search box will provide suggestions and answers to your questions, and search results from your PC and the web. We would like to ask some questions for clarification:

• Did you make any changes on your PC before the issue started?
    • Have you tried searching different files and check if the issue persists?
    • Did you try to check if there available updates for your Windows 10?
    We also recommend that you follow these steps to run the
    Search and Indexing Troubleshooter to resolve issues with searching files in Windows 10:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on View all.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    Regards.

Nathaniel Mon, Oct 12, 2015
  4. Kanata Win User

Windows 10 Search Question

Using the 'content' option can yield more results, but it is quite slow as it searches inside files more thoroughly. In the search field just precede the search word with content: So example: content:gator
    Also search words in lower case only. Don't use upper case characters.

Kanata, Oct 12, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Search Question

1. Windows 10 Search Question - Similar Threads - Search Question

2. Question about search filtering: GamePass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about search filtering: GamePass: Hello. I have MSstore and Xboxstore installed. I was currently on PC game pass I upgraded to xbox ultamate gamepass. Is there a way to perform a search filter to only show gamepass games. Is there a way to not show gamepass games. If yes How? Both MSstore and Xboxstore have...
  3. Question about search filtering: GamePass

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question about search filtering: GamePass: Hello. I have MSstore and Xboxstore installed. I was currently on PC game pass I upgraded to xbox ultamate gamepass. Is there a way to perform a search filter to only show gamepass games. Is there a way to not show gamepass games. If yes How? Both MSstore and Xboxstore have...
  4. I have searched the question, but I didn't found the solution to solve my problem. My...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have searched the question, but I didn't found the solution to solve my problem. My...: COMPUTER NAMENGUYEN_THONGSYSTEM PRODUCT NAMELENOVO 82SNBIOSJ4CN37WW 03/17/2023OS BUILD22621.1.amd64fre.ni_release.220506-1250PLATFORM ROLEMobileCONNECTED STANDBYSupportedREPORT TIME2023-09-1011:24:20Information about each currently installed batteryBATTERY...
  5. I have searched the question, but I didn't found the solution to solve my problem. My...

I have searched the question, but I didn't found the solution to solve my problem. My...: COMPUTER NAMENGUYEN_THONGSYSTEM PRODUCT NAMELENOVO 82SNBIOSJ4CN37WW 03/17/2023OS BUILD22621.1.amd64fre.ni_release.220506-1250PLATFORM ROLEMobileCONNECTED STANDBYSupportedREPORT TIME2023-09-1011:24:20Information about each currently installed batteryBATTERY...
  6. BING AI icon in the search box on Windows 10 question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BING AI icon in the search box on Windows 10 question: On my Windows 11 desktop PC there's a Bing AI icon a part of the search box within the task bar. I just reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop and although I read somewhere that the same Bing AI icon should be part of the search box as well, I'm not seeing the icon and was...
  7. BING AI icon in the search box on Windows 10 question

BING AI icon in the search box on Windows 10 question: On my Windows 11 desktop PC there's a Bing AI icon a part of the search box within the task bar. I just reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop and although I read somewhere that the same Bing AI icon should be part of the search box as well, I'm not seeing the icon and was...
  8. BING AI icon in the search box on Windows 10 question

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. hello, i have a question, there is a "ntlhost.exe" from my computer, when i searching about...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello, i have a question, there is a "ntlhost.exe" from my computer, when i searching about...: hello, i have a question, there is a "ntlhost.exe" from my computer, when i searching about that , it called a virus, is it true? should i delete it? thank you...
  10. hello, i have a question, there is a "ntlhost.exe" from my computer, when i searching about...

hello, i have a question, there is a "ntlhost.exe" from my computer, when i searching about...: hello, i have a question, there is a "ntlhost.exe" from my computer, when i searching about that , it called a virus, is it true? should i delete it? thank you...