Windows 10: Windows 10 second monitor goes to sleep without an active window in it.

Discus and support Windows 10 second monitor goes to sleep without an active window in it. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The second monitor goes completely black without an active window or app on that side. Moving the cursor over does NOT wake it. I have my display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DANYINT, Aug 2, 2018.

1. DANYINT Win User

Windows 10 second monitor goes to sleep without an active window in it.

The second monitor goes completely black without an active window or app on that side. Moving the cursor over does NOT wake it. I have my display extended with monitor 1 the main display. Monitor 1 does not go to sleep.

This seems to be by design and not any sort of hardware issue. There must be a way to turn it off.

:)

DANYINT, Aug 2, 2018

2. Laptop goes to sleep after 20 seconds with no activity

*Original Title: Sleep problems Win 10

My Laptop goes to sleep after 20 seconds with no activity Have followed the suggestions on this forum and apart from removing the Ram Memory have had no success, Another suggested trying a new account which I have done and that account does not have the
    fault but seems I need to double up on all the apps I wish to use

Johnhellard, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Monitor goes to sleep randomly with windows 10 upgrade

Hi Jaro,

Since you've tried the troubleshooting above, let's proceed to the next troubleshooting steps to further identify the issue. Kindly follow these steps:

Let us know the result.

Raymond Ave, Aug 2, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 second monitor goes to sleep without an active window in it. - Similar Threads - second monitor goes

2. Second monitor goes to sleep and won’t wake up

in Windows 10 News
    Second monitor goes to sleep and won’t wake up: [IMG]If you have a dual monitor setup and the second monitor goes to sleep automatically without any sign to wake up, this article could be handy. Here are some of the tips to get rid of such problems – no matter whether you use Windows 11 or Windows 10. Also, the same...
  3. Windows 11 goes to sleep in 20 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 goes to sleep in 20 seconds: Have a Lenovo Yoga that has had a consistent issue with automatically going to sleep w/in 20 seconds of last key stroke, unless playing a video. This sleep setting does not correspond with the Power Settings on the machine, and has become VERY annoying... any help would be...
  4. Windows 11 goes to sleep in 20 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 goes to sleep in 20 seconds: Have a Lenovo Yoga that has had a consistent issue with automatically going to sleep w/in 20 seconds of last key stroke, unless playing a video. This sleep setting does not correspond with the Power Settings on the machine, and has become VERY annoying... any help would be...
  5. Monitor goes to sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor goes to sleep: Since I bought a omen 27i I've been having a little problem, when I open certain games such as Trove, Unturned, Muck and a lot more my monitor screen goes black and the monitor goes to sleep. When I press windows or esc or something to close or minimize the app the monitor...
  6. Second monitor goes to sleep mode for no reason

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor goes to sleep mode for no reason: Hello, I have to monitors linked to my GTX 660. Main one through HDMI and the second one to DVI port via VGA adapter monitor has VGA. It's been working fine but whenever I wake my PC up from sleep mode the second monitor VGA one is in sleep mode and after logging in I have...
  7. Windows 10 Laggy After Monitor Goes to Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Laggy After Monitor Goes to Sleep: Hello, I have been having a problem for quite some time now. Some times I have noticed my PC randomly gets laggy after waking it from a sleep. I have the PC set to never go to sleep now and just the monitor to sleep. When I wake the display the mouse movement seems normal...
  8. MONITOR GOES TO SLEEP

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    MONITOR GOES TO SLEEP: While working on the computer, it suddenly shut down and went into sleep mode. I cannot "wake it" back up. I have checked all connections and tried to power down completely. when I attempt to wake it up manually, it does through its startup routine and then goes back to...
  9. Monitor goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor goes to sleep: I have gone into settings and set Scree to Never and Sleep to Never, so why is it doing this? I have even gone to Balanced which is selected and that is never also. What part of don't switch of does windows not understand? 120663
  10. Second display goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second display goes to sleep.: I have an older system with duel monitors operating on windows 10. The second monitor goes to sleep during boot up and is not detected in display settings. This has happend in past windows updates, but was always dectected and therefore recoverabl...