Windows 10: Windows 10 Security Update fails every day..

Discus and support Windows 10 Security Update fails every day.. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have windows 10 on my laptop. Every day when I open my laptop, the update pop up comes on the screen and it wants to update some security things.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lazylad99, Jul 6, 2018.

1. lazylad99 Win User

Windows 10 Security Update fails every day..

Hi, I have windows 10 on my laptop. Every day when I open my laptop, the update pop up comes on the screen and it wants to update some security things.

But after a few minutes...It fails and the following message comes up.

Something went wrong.

Microsoft can't install important security updates on your pc.

Please contact Microsoft support for help with this matter.

Please provide the support representative with this error code: 0x80072efd.

I don't know what is this, I have installed the OS from the authentic source i.e. Microsoft website. I did not buy it from the grey market.

If anybody has any idea then please let me know. Please help me in this matter, so I can get rid of this problem.

Thanks in advance.

:)

lazylad99, Jul 6, 2018
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Jul 6, 2018
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jul 6, 2018
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Security Update fails every day.. - Similar Threads - Security Update fails

2. Windows update fails every day.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update fails every day.: Windows 10 Home edition . Have not been able to update Windows for months. Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2. Error code 0x800700c1. What action do I need to take?...
  3. Windows update fails every day.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update fails every day.: Windows 10 Home edition . Have not been able to update Windows for months. Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2. Error code 0x800700c1. What action do I need to take?...
  4. Windows update fails every day.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 Updating Every Day

Windows 10 Updating Every Day: It has been a week now, and My Windows 10 is installing updates every single day. It keeps telling me to allow restarting the PC to install the update. But I keep telling it to restart one hour later. It is too disturbing. Please help me!...
  6. Windows unable to update, every day

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows unable to update, every day: Hi all. Having a really frustrating issue where my system (currently on build 19041.450) is trying to update to 19041.685, but for some unknown reason can't do so. It goes through the blue screen update process, then says "unable to update" and rolls it back and restarts....
  7. Windows 10 Security Update Fail

Windows 10 Security Update Fail: The recent security update which is KB4577671 always fails to install both manual install and windows setting update install. I also tried some other things like redownloading the file, disabling non Microsoft servicesincluding the antivirus program, and installing it from...
  8. Every day my computer tries to update and it fails.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Every day my computer tries to update and it fails.: Can someone tell me what to do to stop these "updates"? Every day my computer tries to install updates - either at start up or shutdown. The whole screen goes grey and there's a message telling me how the "progress" is going...The updates never go through and then it spends...
  9. Updates asks every day to install: Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender...

Updates asks every day to install: Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender...: Hello. I have a Windows Server 2016 server that every day asks to install: Security Intelligence Update for Windows Defender Antivirus - KB2267602 (Version 1.303.1210.0). I let it install and it says I'm up-to-date. The next day, it's back in the list of required...
  10. win 10 updates every day throughout the day!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    win 10 updates every day throughout the day!!!!!!!!!: ​Took a look recently at my Microsoft update history record. I was amazed to note that there are literally scores (per day) of repeated update installations for my Brother HL2130 laser printer. This has gone on for many days unnoticed. Have others experienced this quirk -...