Windows 10: Windows 10 seemingly random corruption.

Discus and support Windows 10 seemingly random corruption. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been struggling with a Windows 10 HP Envy desktop for much too long. First post is here. The solution was do download the latest Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Relytgerg, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Relytgerg Win User

Windows 10 seemingly random corruption.

I've been struggling with a Windows 10 HP Envy desktop for much too long.

First post is here. The solution was do download the latest Windows 10 version from Media Creation Tool and install that as an upgrade. The system was then clean according to dism and sfc.

Two days later more problems. The post is here. Basically updated drivers and BIOS and checked the system with sfc and dism. Again things looked clean.

Two days later and complaints of slow internet response, but no errors from dism or sfc. This time I had the luxury of having the system to myself for a long weekend. I did extensive hardware and memory checks from both the BIOS and HP support software. Everything passed. There were no reported HW problems. I also double checked all drivers and they were all up to date. However, as I was checking the last few drivers using Device Manager, and with no other programs running, I got a Critical_Structure_Corruption message. The dump is the most recent one here.

From my extensive research into similar issues, all with Windows 10 computers, it appears that the most likely suspects are:

1. Bad drivers. The most frequently cited is graphics drivers.
    2. Bad hardware. Again, everything tested fine for this PC.
    3. Solid State Drives. This PC has a Sandisk SSD. Other SSDs are mentioned in my research, but is not specifically the Sandisk.

In the meantime, I further reduced the number of programs and services at startup, and removed a Valkun program (graphics) and a Realtek program (audio) that seemed unnecessary. I also completely removed the graphics driver and installed the latest one using Windows 10, instead of HP.

The PC goes back into service on Tuesday 8/1/18. If problems persist, I think I have but two good choices at this point, because I'm not going to keep pounding my head on the wall of constant corruption problems.

1. Flatten the PC and start with a clean install of Windows 10. Advantage: No additional license cost. Disadvantage, The root cause may return due to the, yet undiscovered, SW or HW that is the root of all this evil. Perhaps the SSD? Perhaps install on the 1TB harddisk instead?
    2. Flatten the PC and start with a clean install of Windows 8.1 (or perhaps Windows 7). Advantage: Almost certain elimination of the problem since there are similar, though not identical, PCs running the same suite of SW products on those OSs without problems. Disadvantage: Probable additional license cost for the OS.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Relytgerg, Jul 29, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Windows 10 (Seemingly) Random Crashes

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I apologize for the delay.

This issue may arise when, some of the Windows components or applications gets corrupted.

I suggest you to remove all the external devices connected to the computer and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

If the issue persist, please follow the steps given in the link below:

Resolving Blue Screen errors in Windows.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/resolve-windows-blue-screen-errors

Note: Steps for Windows 8 or 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Thank you.

Guru Kiran G, Jul 29, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 seemingly random corruption. - Similar Threads - seemingly random corruption

2. Windows 10 seems to be corrupting my SD cards

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 seems to be corrupting my SD cards: Ive run into this twice now, perfectly good 16GB Sandisk SDHC cards now rendered unusable after trying to read and/or format in windows 10.I have several wildlife trail cameras and usually take the files off with either my windows 10 Pro desktop or laptop, more often the HP...
  3. Windows 10 seems to be corrupting my SD cards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 seems to be corrupting my SD cards: Ive run into this twice now, perfectly good 16GB Sandisk SDHC cards now rendered unusable after trying to read and/or format in windows 10.I have several wildlife trail cameras and usually take the files off with either my windows 10 Pro desktop or laptop, more often the HP...
  4. Windows 10 seems to be corrupting my SD cards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Administrator Rights seem to be corrupt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Rights seem to be corrupt: I have 2 issues that I feel are affected by some type of administrator rights issue:Issue #1/ File Explorer Quick Access Permissions Error I am an administrator on my PC Dell XPS 8940 running Windows 11 22H2 Build 22623.746 Beta latest insider build. When I try to pin or...
  6. Administrator Rights seem to be corrupt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Administrator Rights seem to be corrupt: I have 2 issues that I feel are affected by some type of administrator rights issue:Issue #1/ File Explorer Quick Access Permissions Error I am an administrator on my PC Dell XPS 8940 running Windows 11 22H2 Build 22623.746 Beta latest insider build. When I try to pin or...
  7. My profile seems to be corrupted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My profile seems to be corrupted: This day I went to turn on my laptop, but I forgot to put the plug in. I normally used my pc but since my laptop's's battery is close to dead, it turned off. When i rebooted it and logged in, a message popped up about not being able to sign in to my profile. I restarted it...
  8. TextInputFramework.dll seems to be corrupt.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TextInputFramework.dll seems to be corrupt.: The TextInputFramework.dll file is causing Destiny 2 to crash. It doesn't cause the problem in any other game. I don't think it is a hardware issue as it only happens in Destiny when I try to open the chat. I have tried everything else I could find on the problem, but I...
  9. Windows 10 seemingly random corruption. The fun continues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 seemingly random corruption. The fun continues: I've been struggling with a Windows 10 HP Envy desktop for much too long. First post is here. The solution was do download the latest Windows 10 version from Media Creation Tool and install that as an upgrade. The system was then clean according to dism and sfc. Two days...
  10. BSOD Watchdog on Windows 10, Seemingly Random

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Watchdog on Windows 10, Seemingly Random: Hi everyone! This is my first post here. My computer has been fine until I updated it to windows 10 from win 8. I have been getting Watchdog violations randomly every 30 min to 3 hours since the update. One error report analyzed via WhoCrashed showed it might be my wifi...