Windows 10: Windows 10 seems slow

Discus and support Windows 10 seems slow in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Is it me or does windows 10 seem slow to anyone else. its not like i got a ancient laptop its a lenovo t430s got a i7 3520m 2.90ghz with 16 gigs of ram... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by darkschneider94, Jul 29, 2015.

1. Windows 10 seems slow

Is it me or does windows 10 seem slow to anyone else. its not like i got a ancient laptop its a lenovo t430s got a i7 3520m 2.90ghz with 16 gigs of ram but boy it loads slow and seems to run slow.

:)

darkschneider94, Jul 29, 2015

2. Windows 10 seemed to slow

Hi Mike,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would like to know on which web browser does this issue persists.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the System Maintenance troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on System Maintenance.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I would recommend you to refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Free up drive space in Windows 10 and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/free-up-drive-space

Reference: Refer to the following Wiki article created by ZigZag3143 on
    Windows performance recorder.

Windows performance recorder

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Jul 29, 2015
  3. MikeAston Win User
    Windows 10 seemed to slow

I finely went back to windows 7. Thank you for your help

MikeAston, Jul 29, 2015
  4. owensdj Win User

Windows 10 seems slow

Are you running an upgraded install of Windows 10 or a fresh re-install? I'd suggest a fresh reinstall(after the upgrade and activation) to see how well Windows 10 can run. Upgrades almost never work that well. It's at least as fast for me as it was under Windows 7, and I know it boots faster.

owensdj, Jul 29, 2015
  5. I am running an upgrade right now have not done a fresh install. requires time as it may be a personal laptop but i use it for work out in the field they expected me to use a window 8 7inch toshiba tablet like a laptop still sitting in my closet a year later. But yeah maybe that would work it boots fast but then to a black screen for a few minutes then afterwards it loads the login then once i login even that takes awhile.

darkschneider94, Jul 30, 2015
  6. patrickt Win User
    Slow is a relative term. My Dell desktop take 31 second to load to flash screen. Windows 8.1 took almost a minute. Programs, internet pages, all seem to load faster than my computer did with Windows 8.1.

patrickt, Jul 30, 2015
  7. slow as it it take about like 10 minutes for me to even use my desktop vs how 7 loaded on my laptop

8. cabbage Win User

Windows 10 seems slow

I do feel slow to boot...
    Mine Desktop Dell Dimension 9200 and Win 7 Ultimate x64 was much faster.
    I have upgraded today.... I may do a clean install coming weekend and see if it made any difference

cabbage, Jul 30, 2015
  9. owensdj Win User
    Getting a black screen for a few minutes at boot is not normal. Something left over from Windows 7 is causing a problem with your upgraded Windows 10. Like I said, upgrades usually don't work well. You need to make sure the upgraded Windows 10 install is Activated with Microsoft and then do a fresh reinstall using a bootable DVD or USB flash drive.

owensdj, Jul 30, 2015
  10. yeah I guess when i have time that what i will have to end up doing is a clean install there a guide to doing that i'm pretty sure my windows is activated but i will double check.

11. To me, the UI feels a little 'laggy' now and then. I notice the 'working on it' message for an instant when navigating folders. The Start menu takes a while to appear. Windows 8.1 was never like that!

markweatherill, Jul 30, 2015
  12. Yeah So i ended up backing up my important data and doing a clean install much much better it runs a lot better, I'm actually now considering next weekend doing my desktop so far i'm actually liking windows 10 there are somethings i don't like. like hopefully a black theme like windows 7 comes out soon too much white i don't like. and somebody hopefully comes out with something to change the login screen cause i hate that windows hero screen. and boy where there a lot of things of things i turned off likes of things for privacy and data to be sent to Microsoft i shut down annoying. and pretty much all the apps i removed lol. just some minor annoyances i hope things come out to modify them and things to turn off but all in all not bad.

13. Badfinger Win User

Windows 10 seems slow

10 Pro running fine for me, but yeah I did 7 ultimate to 10 Pro upgrade to save me some hassle/test it, and got file access issues right off the bat that would probably drive an average user BONKERS.

I was motivated by old software that if I wipe and drop, I have to email for new codes because it sends the programs back to TRIAL (useless) mode, they worked with 10 Pro, it inhaled 7's registry almost too well and botched the file access to some directories, was very strange.

Badfinger, Jul 30, 2015
  14. Nishant Win User
    I am having exactly same issue which "thread starter" had said. First I upgraded via windows update. I was getting boot time of 60sec+. It booted up fast then black screen for almost a min. I had to do fresh install and cleaned up all drives including system reserve and made fresh partitions but still same. Nothing Changed.lol
    And, also yesterday my screen got freezed up while using Edge. I don't remember when last time my screen got freezed.
    One more strange thing occured today. I was copy pasting stuffs back to my laptop. I checked after an hour and pressed keys to wake it up from sleep but it didn't respond. I had to forcefully shut it down. *Mad
    My system is almost 4yrs old now. It is HP g6-1201tx.

Nishant, Jul 31, 2015
  15. thomash Win User
    I upgraded from Windows 7 and although I didn't do a full wipe the boot time is considerably faster now, and things like starting apps and games also seems to be faster, although I can't be 100% sure about it. It's definitely not slower.

thomash, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 seems slow

1. Windows 10 seems slow - Similar Threads - seems slow

2. 30 plus updates 13/120203 seems excessive and my Pc is now very very slow and I have lost...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    30 plus updates 13/120203 seems excessive and my Pc is now very very slow and I have lost...: I also have two Edge/Bing Tabs in my taskbar that I don't want but cannot remove. I have reset the PC TWICE and it has not fixed the problem. This many updates is ridiculous. I presume you will reimburse for the cost of the lost programs and the considerable amount of...
  3. 30 plus updates 13/120203 seems excessive and my Pc is now very very slow and I have lost...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    30 plus updates 13/120203 seems excessive and my Pc is now very very slow and I have lost...: I also have two Edge/Bing Tabs in my taskbar that I don't want but cannot remove. I have reset the PC TWICE and it has not fixed the problem. This many updates is ridiculous. I presume you will reimburse for the cost of the lost programs and the considerable amount of...
  4. 30 plus updates 13/120203 seems excessive and my Pc is now very very slow and I have lost...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer Extremely Slow to Open Files and Microsoft Documents - OneDrive seems to be...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File Explorer Extremely Slow to Open Files and Microsoft Documents - OneDrive seems to be...: Hello,I have a laptop and a desktop which I use to write in Word. I use OneDrive to save changes across both computers, and usually, swapping between them on the same documents is seamless once syncing is finished which usually takes just a moment or two.For a couple of days...
  6. File Explorer Extremely Slow to Open Files and Microsoft Documents - OneDrive seems to be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Extremely Slow to Open Files and Microsoft Documents - OneDrive seems to be...: Hello,I have a laptop and a desktop which I use to write in Word. I use OneDrive to save changes across both computers, and usually, swapping between them on the same documents is seamless once syncing is finished which usually takes just a moment or two.For a couple of days...
  7. File Explorer Extremely Slow to Open Files and Microsoft Documents - OneDrive seems to be...

8. My desktop is incredibly laggy, but there seems to be no reason for it to be so slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop is incredibly laggy, but there seems to be no reason for it to be so slow.: So basically what the title says, my desktop is incredibly laggy. I just upgraded to windows 11, but I had the same issue when I had windows 10. The strange thing is that I can play hardware intensive games or run software at high framerates, and the only slow part of my pc...
  9. My desktop is incredibly laggy, but there seems to be no reason for it to be so slow.

My desktop is incredibly laggy, but there seems to be no reason for it to be so slow.: So basically what the title says, my desktop is incredibly laggy. I just upgraded to windows 11, but I had the same issue when I had windows 10. The strange thing is that I can play hardware intensive games or run software at high framerates, and the only slow part of my pc...
  10. The Recent Windows Update 6/13/23 Seems to Have Made My Computer Extremely Slow

The Recent Windows Update 6/13/23 Seems to Have Made My Computer Extremely Slow: My computer is less than a year old and has an SSD. Was perfectly fine last night and snappy and now it's like running through mud. Anyone else experiencing this?...