Windows 10: Windows 10 seems to be using old icons

Discus and support Windows 10 seems to be using old icons in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey dudes, After many attempts I finally managed to install Windows 10 on my Art Tablet PC ( samsung series 7 slate XE700T1A-A01UK ) and it works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by damocles, Aug 14, 2015.

1. damocles Win User

Windows 10 seems to be using old icons

Hey dudes,

After many attempts I finally managed to install Windows 10 on my Art Tablet PC ( samsung series 7 slate XE700T1A-A01UK ) and it works perfectly expect one niggle. It would appear that the icons on the desktop are still Win7, I have Win10 installed on my internet computer and the icons are different. Is there any way, if my niggle is correct, to have the icons that I see on the internet PC. There is also a small checkbox on the icon, this happened in the Win7 OS and I was hoping Win10 would get rid of that as I find it annoying, any ideas?

Windows 10 seems to be using old icons [​IMG]

:)

damocles, Aug 14, 2015

2. Old desktop screen but Windows 10 seems to be hung.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I would like to know the detail below to assist you better with the issue.

• Do you get any error message/code?
    I request you refer the below article and check if it helps.

The Windows 10 upgrade appears to hang

The Windows 10 upgrade appears to hang

Keep us posted on the issue to assist you better.

Sudheendra S, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Old desktop screen but Windows 10 seems to be hung.

After a lengthy download (2 days) most of the Windows 10 system is operative. The main concern I have now is the remaining Apps won't open and that is because Store won't open on my PC. No error code when I depress Store icon. Just a brief flash of a screen
    and back to the Desktop. Anything I can do to get Store to work properly?

Thanks,

Mike

Mr.MikeAllison, Aug 14, 2015
  4. YOU
    You Win User

To disable the check box, do this:
    1. Open File Explorer.
    2. Click the View tab.
    3. Uncheck "Item check boxes" (if the window is small, might need to click the "Show/hide" button then uncheck it).

5. YOU
    You Win User
    The icons on the desktop look like Windows 10 icons to me. Can show me an example of a Windows 7 icon on that computer?

Note that some of the old icons still exist, e.g. Notepad.

6. damocles Win User
    Thank You so much. *Smile

The Check box uncheck did the trick, that has been bugging me for years. Brilliant, I am so pleased.

My internet computer installed from win 8.1 and this is what I see....everything outside the desktop environment looks the same i.e. new win10 icons. It's the desktop icons that are different.

eeerrrrrr, .....Just checked another win7 system and you are right, they are win 10....It appears I had scaled the icons down on the internet PC to the point the icon flattens out, my bad......and thank you for helping me out.

Best wishes

damocles, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 seems to be using old icons - Similar Threads - seems using old

2. Windows 10 app showing old icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 app showing old icon: I tried AtlasOS and then install back to Windows10 and I realized this icon is so old idk what's going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-app-showing-old-icon/9eec9c82-eda0-4612-99a1-f5f310a5e258
  3. Windows 10 app showing old icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 app showing old icon: I tried AtlasOS and then install back to Windows10 and I realized this icon is so old idk what's going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-app-showing-old-icon/9eec9c82-eda0-4612-99a1-f5f310a5e258
  4. Windows 10 doesn't seem to support old GPU.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 doesn't seem to support old GPU.: Hi everyone, I need some help with my refurbished Lenovo Thinkcentre M58. Here are the specs:Machine type: 7360Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.8 GHzOS: Windows 10 21H1RAM: Hynix 2x4GB DDR3Storage: WD Blue 250GB HDDGPU: AMD Radeon HD 7470You will see that my GPU is very...
  5. Windows 10 doesn't seem to support old GPU.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 doesn't seem to support old GPU.: Hi everyone, I need some help with my refurbished Lenovo Thinkcentre M58. Here are the specs:Machine type: 7360Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.8 GHzOS: Windows 10 21H1RAM: Hynix 2x4GB DDR3Storage: WD Blue 250GB HDDGPU: AMD Radeon HD 7470You will see that my GPU is very...
  6. Windows 10 doesn't seem to support old GPU.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Using an old SSD with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using an old SSD with Windows 10?: I have Windows 10 installed in an M.2 boot drive that I installed several years ago. l'm experiencing freezes/crashes so am looking at doing a fresh install of Windows OR going back to the SSD I had before I installed the M.2 and started having problems, but I'm not sure...
  8. Windows 10 Search not refreshing old icons.

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search not refreshing old icons.: Windows 10 Search keeps showing old icons for all apps. If an app get an update with a new icon, the icon get refreshed automatically everywhere, except Windows Search Box Result.Tried a lot of tweaks such as Resetting Windows Search through Powershell, Rebuilding Search...
  9. Use old Windows 10 Key?

Use old Windows 10 Key?: I buy a new notebook and want to use the Windows 10 Key from my old notebook. Is that possible? And generally, is it possible to use one key for several devices? Alten Windows 10 Key benutzen?
  10. Using old program on Windows 10

Using old program on Windows 10: I have a program, German Assistant for Windows, I acquired while stationed in Germany 1993-95. I used it extensively until early 2002 then I put it away. I am now using Windows 10 and would like to use the program again, but it will not run. The message is "This app can't...