Windows 10: Windows 10 Set screen timeout shorter than 1 minute

Discus and support Windows 10 Set screen timeout shorter than 1 minute in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been searching for quite some time, but I seem to want the exact opposite to most people. I want to have a way to set my screen timeout shorter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by baskievits, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Windows 10 Set screen timeout shorter than 1 minute

I've been searching for quite some time, but I seem to want the exact opposite to most people. I want to have a way to set my screen timeout shorter than 1 minute. It seems like by default I can't actually make it shorter than that time. Does anyone know of a method?

:)

baskievits, Jun 6, 2017
  2. TKAWLE Win User

Windows 10 asks for password after screen turn-off timeout.

Yes, this does the trick. I was concerned about prior Windows' behavior not allowing a shorter timespan for screensaver verses screen sleep modes. It works fine.

I have my Screen set to sleep at 10 minutes and my blank screensaver set to activate at 20 minutes, and requiring Lock Screen (doesn't say password, but it does!!) so the password is required after the screensaver timeout, and not after the sleep timeout!

Windows 10 Set screen timeout shorter than 1 minute :)

TKAWLE, Jun 6, 2017
  3. Nokia E5 backlight issue

This bug can be avoided by setting the power save timeout to be shorter than the light timeout. Even a 5 seconds difference is enough. F.e. setting the power saver timeout to 10 secs and light timeout to 15 secs works for me.

vvasilevnm, Jun 6, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows 10 Set screen timeout shorter than 1 minute

How about a hot key? I've one on my keyboard already (laptop).

Otherwise you might be able to do it by writing a script in Autohotkey, for example- just not quite sure what you'd test for. Key press? Mouse movement?

dalchina, Jun 6, 2017
  5. Sorry I should have mentioned it will be on a touch device, so no mouse or keyboard. I'll look into a script that gets reset after receiving input or something like that. But if there is a cleaner option i'd like that.

baskievits, Jun 6, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Windows 10 Set screen timeout shorter than 1 minute [​IMG]

Don't know how that fits into a touch environment.. assuming it does what you want. Not tried that function.

dalchina, Jun 6, 2017
  7. I ended up finding the solution in the tutorials section: Change Turn off Display after Time in Windows 10

Option 4: powercfg /SETACVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT 7516b95f-f776-4464-8c53-06167f40cc99 3c0bc021-c8a8-4e07-a973-6b14cbcb2b7e <seconds>

That, and a setting under Settings>Accounts>Sign-in options| Require sign-in has the functionality that I was looking for.

Thanks for the help guys.

baskievits, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Set screen timeout shorter than 1 minute

1. Windows 10 Set screen timeout shorter than 1 minute - Similar Threads - Set screen timeout

2. How do I set my screen to lock on a timeout duration of more than 1 minute?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I set my screen to lock on a timeout duration of more than 1 minute?: I bought a new laptop with Windows 11, an ROG X13 running on AMD Ryzen 7 6800HS with 32gb RAM and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti Laptop GPU. I personally don't think those are relevant since I highly doubt it would interfere with my lock screen. But it has been asked before its...
  3. How do I set my screen to lock on a timeout duration of more than 1 minute?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I set my screen to lock on a timeout duration of more than 1 minute?: I bought a new laptop with Windows 11, an ROG X13 running on AMD Ryzen 7 6800HS with 32gb RAM and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti Laptop GPU. I personally don't think those are relevant since I highly doubt it would interfere with my lock screen. But it has been asked before its...
  4. Why can't I change the 1 minute screen timeout in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I change the 1 minute screen timeout in Windows 11: I recently upgraded to W11 and have all the updates to date on my HP laptop. After 1 minute of no input, the screen turns off and locks the computer, meaning I have to input my password to get back in. I have tried changing "Screen and Sleep" timeouts in Power settings,...
  5. Why can't I change the 1 minute screen timeout in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I change the 1 minute screen timeout in Windows 11: I recently upgraded to W11 and have all the updates to date on my HP laptop. After 1 minute of no input, the screen turns off and locks the computer, meaning I have to input my password to get back in. I have tried changing "Screen and Sleep" timeouts in Power settings,...
  6. Lock Screen not working when screen timeout is more than one minute

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lock Screen not working when screen timeout is more than one minute: [ATTACH] Posting my help request post here too since in my last post, I had someone help me. My lock screen doesn't work whenever I set my screen timeout in the Settings to anything more than 1 minute. It's happened for about a month now or so, after an update I think. My...
  7. Microsoft Windows 10 screen 2 minute timeout inactivity

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft Windows 10 screen 2 minute timeout inactivity: Since using Windows 10, my issue has been inactive window even desktop after screen display times out after 2 minutes of inactivity. After the display times out, I wake my PC by pressing any key or moving the mouse. Then I am presented w/my password on Windows Lockscreen....
  8. Windows 10 presentation on Lock screen work only if it is set to 1 minute

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 presentation on Lock screen work only if it is set to 1 minute: Hi. My lock screen in Windows 10 Settings is set to Presentation mode. Everything works ONLY if limit for turn off monitor is set to 1 minute. If I set limit to any other number, then presentation is not starting and I see only blank screen. What have I tried so far? -...
  9. Windows 10 / 1 minute lock screen problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 / 1 minute lock screen problem: Being an Apple user, but my wife asked me!! not keyed up on Windows, l read up on possible causes! by this time my wife was pulling her hair out! trying to set her windows 10 laptop from going into 1 minute lock screen. l went all through the "regedit" procedures, taking...
  10. More than 1 minute to boot Windows 10, even with SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    More than 1 minute to boot Windows 10, even with SSD: I have a full description of the problem here: https://superuser.com/questions/1469370/more-than-1-minute-to-boot-windows-10-even-with-ssd For some reason, a few weeks ago, my Windows 10 is taking over 1 minute to boot. That is, more than 1 minute just in that initial black...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. on windows 10 how do I make my screen saver mintutes less than 1 minute

2. on windows 10 screen saver make my seconds less than 1 minute