Windows 10: Windows 10 Setting Screen opens on it's own

Discus and support Windows 10 Setting Screen opens on it's own in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been working on a Windows 10 image and for some reason the Windows 10 Setting screen opens on its own even if you are not using the machine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Xpdite, May 28, 2018.

1. Xpdite Win User

Windows 10 Setting Screen opens on it's own

I have been working on a Windows 10 image and for some reason the Windows 10 Setting screen opens on its own even if you are not using the machine.

Has anyone seen this? I am wondering is there is something in the Group polices that may be causing this. We have disabled the store in group policies as it kept doing something similar.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

:)

Xpdite, May 28, 2018

2. Open settings of Windows 8 App

Hi Thomas,

In response to your query, please be informed that Windows 10 is in the list of supported operating system for Modern Reader. Also, the swipe from the right option is for Windows 8 and 8.1 therefore, that step will not open the settings. However, most
    apps have their own settings, therefore, I suggest you to look for a gear icon in the app and check if you are able to find the option you are looking for.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 29, 2018
  3. settings wont open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the below question to understand the situation better,

• Are you facing this issue on a local account or the Microsoft Account?
    Please follow the below steps and check if it works,

• Press “Windows key + I” to open the Settings screen.
    I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer and then sign in to the Administrator account to check if this helps

Reply us if you have further queries. We will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Setting Screen opens on it's own

1. Windows 10 Setting Screen opens on it's own - Similar Threads - Setting Screen opens

2. windows 11 open settings and multiple web tabs on it own.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 open settings and multiple web tabs on it own.: Hello everyone I have questions my windows 11 open settings and multiple chrome tabs Microsoft 365 login page on it own about every hour. I try to do antivirus scan but it didn't find anything suspicious on my computer....
  3. windows 11 open settings and multiple web tabs on it own.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 open settings and multiple web tabs on it own.: Hello everyone I have questions my windows 11 open settings and multiple chrome tabs Microsoft 365 login page on it own about every hour. I try to do antivirus scan but it didn't find anything suspicious on my computer....
  4. Background Settings page opening by its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Background Settings page opening by its own: Settings>Personalization>Background in Windows 11 is opening automatically. It opens on its own and after closing it, opens again in several minutes. Please help me resolve it....
  5. Background Settings page opening by its own

Background Settings page opening by its own: Settings>Personalization>Background in Windows 11 is opening automatically. It opens on its own and after closing it, opens again in several minutes. Please help me resolve it....
  6. Minecraft for windows 10 says owned but cannot open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft for windows 10 says owned but cannot open: I bought Minecraft around 2016 and in the mojang website it told me I could redeem it for free, so I did. Then when i tried to find where my minecraft was, it wasnt in my pc. And when I go back to the website, it says that the code has already been redeemed. I really need...
  7. Lock Screen sometimes opens PIN screen on its own

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lock Screen sometimes opens PIN screen on its own: I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1903 (version 10.0.18362 build 18362), and I've just witnessed the screen where you type your PIN/password to unlock the computer open on its own while I was on the lock screen and not clicking on anything/not moving my cursor. I had just woken my...
  8. Personal.xls opens in it own window

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Personal.xls opens in it own window: This has just started after years of function correctly. It was probably caused by me messing around where I shouldn't hav. Whenever I open a Excel file under Office 365 Win 10, My personal.xlsb file opens first and is always visible under the workbook. When I close the...
  9. Windows 10 - File Explorer is opening on it's own...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - File Explorer is opening on it's own...: File Explorer started opening on its own. It will be there when I 'wake up' the PC then randomly open a few times during the day. The last update was 11/15/18 which is about when this started. Are others experiencing this? Solutions?...
  10. Window 10 Apps Keep Opening On Their Own.

Window 10 Apps Keep Opening On Their Own.: Hey Guys! I didn't know who to turn to and you guys seem to know alot about Windows 10 so far and might be able to help me. I have been using WIndows 10 since they released it and one issue has been plaguing me since then. Whenever I leave my computer and come back after...