Windows 10 Setting Screen opens on it's own

Discus and support Windows 10 Setting Screen opens on it's own in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I have been working on a Windows 10 image and for some reason the Windows 10 Setting screen opens on its own even if you are not using the machine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Xpdite, May 28, 2018.

1. Xpdite Win User

I have been working on a Windows 10 image and for some reason the Windows 10 Setting screen opens on its own even if you are not using the machine.

Has anyone seen this? I am wondering is there is something in the Group polices that may be causing this. We have disabled the store in group policies as it kept doing something similar.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

:)

Xpdite, May 28, 2018
  2. Wungraileng Vashi Win User

Open settings of Windows 8 App

Hi Thomas,

In response to your query, please be informed that Windows 10 is in the list of supported operating system for Modern Reader. Also, the swipe from the right option is for Windows 8 and 8.1 therefore, that step will not open the settings. However, most
    apps have their own settings, therefore, I suggest you to look for a gear icon in the app and check if you are able to find the option you are looking for.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 29, 2018
  3. Anup Karkal Win User
    settings wont open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the below question to understand the situation better,

• Are you facing this issue on a local account or the Microsoft Account?
    Please follow the below steps and check if it works,

• Press “Windows key + I” to open the Settings screen.
    I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer and then sign in to the Administrator account to check if this helps

Reply us if you have further queries. We will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Setting Screen opens on it's own

Windows 10 Setting Screen opens on it's own - Similar Threads - Setting Screen opens

1. After 1803 update can't set sign-in screen

in Windows 10 Support
    After 1803 update can't set sign-in screen: Lenovo T530 laptop Windows 10 pro 1803 update. Update installed without any known problems. I cannot set the sign-in screen. Wasn't a problem until 1803 was installed. I have set the lock screen and I understood that this is / was the same as setting the sign-in screen....
  2. Set to skip username/password but log-in screen says password is wrong

in Windows 10 Support
    Set to skip username/password but log-in screen says password is wrong: I used to be able to skip the log-in process on my Windows 10 machine but recently it started saying that my password is incorrect and refusing to skip the log-in. I then have to enter my PIN or password. I have confirmed that "users must enter a username and password to use...
  3. Setting up new laptop and wanting no log in screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting up new laptop and wanting no log in screen: I am setting up my wifes new laptop and she has never had to enter a password so that isd how she wants it to stay. My googling resulted in me unticking a box re needing a password, and when the laptop startys up its fine, straight to the desktop, but then when it times out...
  4. File explorer - setting a default opening screen to particular folder

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer - setting a default opening screen to particular folder: I was able to do this in Win7 but can't figure out what to do in W10. Problem is that I want File Explorer to start with the display at a particular folder. In my case that is D:\Tony\Pictures. And with the contents of that folder in the right-hand pane. I should add that...
  5. Setting: How to disable screen fade out when opening a new application

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting: How to disable screen fade out when opening a new application: Hello When I start a new application, or when mouse is over an open application for about 3 seconds, all image fade out and only the desktop background is displayed. Once I removed the mouse, screen returned to normal display Hope I'm clear *Smile Martin 14848
  6. Set Now Playing Artist Art in Groove Music as Lock Screen - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Set Now Playing Artist Art in Groove Music as Lock Screen - Windows 10: [img] 103674
  7. New privacy screen settings layout coming to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    New privacy screen settings layout coming to Windows 10: Today, our Windows Insiders (starting in Windows 10 build 17115) will get the first look at the new privacy set up experience coming to Windows 10 this spring, and we’re excited to hear what they think. Windows Insiders are among the first people to experience the new ideas...
Windows 10 Setting Screen opens on it's own solved