Windows 10: Windows 10 Setting Screen opens on it's own

Discus and support Windows 10 Setting Screen opens on it's own in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have been working on a Windows 10 image and for some reason the Windows 10 Setting screen opens on its own even if you are not using the machine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Xpdite, May 28, 2018.

1. Xpdite Win User

Windows 10 Setting Screen opens on it's own

I have been working on a Windows 10 image and for some reason the Windows 10 Setting screen opens on its own even if you are not using the machine.

Has anyone seen this? I am wondering is there is something in the Group polices that may be causing this. We have disabled the store in group policies as it kept doing something similar.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

:)

Xpdite, May 28, 2018
  2. Wungraileng Vashi Win User

Open settings of Windows 8 App

Hi Thomas,

In response to your query, please be informed that Windows 10 is in the list of supported operating system for Modern Reader. Also, the swipe from the right option is for Windows 8 and 8.1 therefore, that step will not open the settings. However, most
    apps have their own settings, therefore, I suggest you to look for a gear icon in the app and check if you are able to find the option you are looking for.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, May 29, 2018
  3. Anup Karkal Win User
    settings wont open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the below question to understand the situation better,

• Are you facing this issue on a local account or the Microsoft Account?
    Please follow the below steps and check if it works,

• Press “Windows key + I” to open the Settings screen.
    I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer and then sign in to the Administrator account to check if this helps

Reply us if you have further queries. We will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, May 29, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Setting Screen opens on it's own

1. Windows 10 Setting Screen opens on it's own - Similar Threads - Setting Screen opens

2. Windows 10 settings will not open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 settings will not open: Have tried to access settings from the start menu and the notifications button. Goes to open screen comes up the promptly closes. Getting frustrated as want to change some settings. Any ideas? I am a newbie so please be patient....
  3. can not open settings in windows 10

can not open settings in windows 10: i need the update to open my settings. I am an administrator and I cant not open settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-open-settings-in-windows-10/f32c8c96-6576-45ab-acfa-ba7f0e969af6
  4. Things opening on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Things opening on its own: Hi Guys! I am very disturbed by a strange problem which has started just a few days back. The things on my display are opening on it's own and it doesn't stop after one instance. I have disabled the touchpad and there's no external mouse connected. But still things on the...
  5. windows setting will not open

windows setting will not open: My windows setting will not open. It will close immediately after it opens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-setting-will-not-open/0f7054c7-cb5e-4fe0-85d3-4a6d13ba63d5
  6. WINDOWS SETTINGS NOT OPENING

WINDOWS SETTINGS NOT OPENING: i tried many solutions such as commands but its not working also commands on powershell but i cant type anything on powershell.whenever i try to open settings it opens and close in fraction of seconds. i also tried to upgrade drivers. i also tried troubleshoot.also downloaded...
  7. Window 10 Apps Keep Opening On Their Own.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window 10 Apps Keep Opening On Their Own.: Hey Guys! I didn't know who to turn to and you guys seem to know alot about Windows 10 so far and might be able to help me. I have been using WIndows 10 since they released it and one issue has been plaguing me since then. Whenever I leave my computer and come back after...
  8. Cannot open Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot open Settings in Windows 10: Just upgraded. However, I just cannot get Settings to open. On clicking, a window opens and then disappers. Anybody who can help, please? Edge also does not work. Type in a URL and I get "This page is having a problem loading". 12945
  9. Open Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open Settings in Windows 10: so good to have you here with us another great tout 3326
  10. Open zPC settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open zPC settings in Windows 10: Nice job, Shawn! You tutorials get more sophisticated and more "modern" all the time. *Wink And with videos! This Modern zPC Settings app is interesting indeed. I'll refrain from my opinion to leave it out of the tutorial section. *Biggrin 2774