Windows 10: Windows 10 "Settings App" Disable in favor of Windows 7 Control Panel

Discus and support Windows 10 "Settings App" Disable in favor of Windows 7 Control Panel in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Before we begin: - Please do not reply to this post if you do not know anything about the inner workings of the Windows 10 operating system. - Please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by mpelley92, Mar 24, 2017.

1. mpelley92 Win User

Windows 10 "Settings App" Disable in favor of Windows 7 Control Panel

Before we begin:
    - Please do not reply to this post if you do not know anything about the inner workings of the Windows 10 operating system.
    - Please do not tell me "it's not possible", "just get used to the new way of things", "you're wasting your time", UNLESS you can back it up with factual reasons WHY my idea is wrong and will not work.
    - I'm looking for someone who has dug deep into the Windows 10 operating system, people who are coders or developers, maybe someone who has the same idea as me.

Let's cut to the chase:
    I'm in search of making Windows 10 work the same as Windows 7. I want the same control panel. I'm not a fan of the "Settings App" and I think it's a complete mess of unorganized options. Most of which, lead back to the control panel in one way or another.

My idea:
    Create a way to disable the "Settings App", and reintroduce the original control panel design. When I say "original control panel design" I mean changing Wi-Fi settings, resolution, personalize options in the same manner as Windows 7. I'm sure it's possible. What are the chances Microsoft deleted any chance of that in Windows 10?

Surely someone is thinking the same way I am. This may sound childish, but the "Settings App" is the only reason I choose to not use Windows 10 over 7.

:)

mpelley92, Mar 24, 2017

2. guest account in Windows 10 ?

You can enable or disable the Guest account in the "old" Control Panel (the Windows 7 style control panel). To open it, right-click your Start button and choose Control Panel, then click Accounts at the top right.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 24, 2017
  3. WindowsOS Win User
    When will Control Panel be completely gone in Windows 10?

Nobody knows exactly when all the items in the Control Panel will be migrated to the Settings App but it will happen eventually probably a few items at a time.

WindowsOS, Mar 24, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello mpelley, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

If you like for now, you could use the "Personalize (classic)" context menu from the tutorial below to help with some of the control panel items you wanted.

Add Personalize (classic) context menu in Windows 10

Brink, Mar 24, 2017
  5. mpelley92 Win User
    Thank you Brink, that's definitely a start. Although my major focus is how the control panel works.

mpelley92, Mar 24, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 24, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 "Settings App" Disable in favor of Windows 7 Control Panel - Similar Threads - Settings App Disable

2. "Settings app" aka the control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Settings app" aka the control panel: Is there any way to change the layout of what they now call the "settings app"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-app-aka-the-control-panel/ed3d1443-6f70-4f8c-a080-3557b6043b25
  3. Windows 10 Control Panel Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Control Panel Settings: Windows 10 is really annoying me right now, I need to make my standard user account into a administrative account however whenever I go on the control panel or click Windows Image+ R combination on my keyboard it is supposed o give me the option of making changes to my pc as...
  4. disable control panel from redirecting to settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    disable control panel from redirecting to settings: is there any way to stop control panel from redirecting me to the settings app? submitted by /u/Tracenji [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l23wch/disable_control_panel_from_redirecting_to_settings/
  5. Legacy Control Panel on Windows 10 could soon be hidden in favor of new Settings app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Legacy Control Panel on Windows 10 could soon be hidden in favor of new Settings app: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Albert-React [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/foroee/legacy_control_panel_on_windows_10_could_soon_be/
  6. Windows Settings: menu instead of app, like Control Panel in Windows 7

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Settings: menu instead of app, like Control Panel in Windows 7: In Windows 7 we had the option of displaying the control panel as cascading menus from the Start button, instead of as a separate application. Is there a similar way to do that with Settings in Windows 10? 138111
  7. Windows 10 Search not indexing settings app and control panel

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search not indexing settings app and control panel: I am running Windows 10 Pro 1809 on a Dell XPS 15 For some reason, search does not show any results from the settings app or the control panel. I have tried rebuilding the index, checking for the index in...
  8. Enable or Disable Control Panel and Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Control Panel and Settings in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Control Panel and Settings in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Control Panel and Settings in Windows 10 In Windows 10, there are a few different ways to find and change your settings: app settings, and search. Most of the settings that...
  9. Microsoft to replace Control Panel with Windows 10 Settings app

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to replace Control Panel with Windows 10 Settings app: Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) provides users with two ways to access settings, the traditional Control Panel with access to various functions and tools, as well as the new Modern UI Settings app. The former is the more advanced option, but Microsoft is moving away from...
  10. Settings App vs. Control Panel?

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings App vs. Control Panel?: I've tried using the Settings App, but I always seem to end up using Control Panel? Is it just me, or is the Settings App just a partial duplication of CP? 9986