Windows 10: Windows 10 Settings Crash when trying to open it

Discus and support Windows 10 Settings Crash when trying to open it in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi i just instaled windows 10 and its everything alright exept when i try to open the Settings when barely open it crashes and cant do anything about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fraxico08, Jul 28, 2015.

1. fraxico08 Win User

Windows 10 Settings Crash when trying to open it

Hi i just instaled windows 10 and its everything alright exept when i try to open the Settings when barely open it crashes and cant do anything about it. I already tried to restart the pc but it didn't worked.

Something i did wrong? Can i do something?

:)

fraxico08, Jul 28, 2015
  2. EanDeJong Win User

windows 10 settings crash when trying to set defaults,

it did not work I have tried a few times

EanDeJong, Jul 28, 2015
  3. windows 10 settings crash when trying to set defaults,

Hi Tom,

Just checking if your issue has been resolved. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Realyn Mar, Jul 28, 2015
  4. fraxico08 Win User

I have every driver updated, and when i try to open the "personalize" from the desktop he shows me a error "ms-settings: personalization-background" with the message "This file does not have an affiliate program that allows you to perform this action. Install a program or if you already have one installed , create an association in the Default Programs control panel ." i dont know what to do i thought of a reset but i cant without the the settings.

Please Help!

fraxico08, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Settings Crash when trying to open it - Similar Threads - Settings Crash trying

2. No wifi and Network & Internet crashes when I try to open in settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No wifi and Network & Internet crashes when I try to open in settings: When I booted up my PC yesterday I had no internet connection, no WiFi icon in the Task bar; and when I open Network & Internet in Setting, it churns for a few seconds then crashes closes. I have tried all the fixes I found on microsoft page for this problem and none has...
  3. No wifi and Network & Internet crashes when I try to open in settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No wifi and Network & Internet crashes when I try to open in settings: When I booted up my PC yesterday I had no internet connection, no WiFi icon in the Task bar; and when I open Network & Internet in Setting, it churns for a few seconds then crashes closes. I have tried all the fixes I found on microsoft page for this problem and none has...
  4. No wifi and Network & Internet crashes when I try to open in settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Settings crashing when trying to open 'power and sleep' settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings crashing when trying to open 'power and sleep' settings: Hello.My settings app crashes every time I open the 'power and sleep' settings in windows 11. When I try to open it, it freezes for a second and shows a blue screen before automatically closing and exiting the app. I had run some modification programs, but after the issue...
  6. Settings crashing when trying to open 'power and sleep' settings

Settings crashing when trying to open 'power and sleep' settings: Hello.My settings app crashes every time I open the 'power and sleep' settings in windows 11. When I try to open it, it freezes for a second and shows a blue screen before automatically closing and exiting the app. I had run some modification programs, but after the issue...
  7. The Privacy Settings App crashes when I try to open microphone privacy settings

The Privacy Settings App crashes when I try to open microphone privacy settings: I did mess with services.msc and I want to fix it but don't know how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-privacy-settings-app-crashes-when-i-try-to/a52aeb78-59ac-4f59-a9d9-329d13d14500
  8. When I try to open Settings, it opens then crashes

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I try to open Settings, it opens then crashes: It's been like this for a while now. I was hoping I could get an official Microsoft solution for this because the new account method and the PowerShell/Command Prompt method aren't working. Does anyone have a useful fix?...
  9. Settings app crashes when i try to open or change anything?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings app crashes when i try to open or change anything?: This has been very annoying for me. It also takes way to long to load. I've already tried renaming a folder and using sfc /scannow and that didn't help either. submitted by /u/qwerty_1236 [link] [comments]...
  10. ''Settings'' crashes everytime I try to open it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    ''Settings'' crashes everytime I try to open it.: I have a desktop computer that I have rencently upgraded to Windows 10 version 1809, but now the ''settings'' app crashes everytime Ik try to open it. Can anybody help me fix it?...