Windows 10: Windows 10 settings/options???

Discus and support Windows 10 settings/options??? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all, I recently purchased a surface pro 3 and it is running windows 10. Everything works fine, except my wifi!!! *cry It would lag when I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zadan, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Zadan Win User

Windows 10 settings/options???

Hello all, I recently purchased a surface pro 3 and it is running windows 10. Everything works fine, except my wifi!!! *cry It would lag when I'm streaming videos while using battery mode, but when I'm plugged in it works perfect.
    After lots of research online it appears I just need to change the Wifi Adapter setting to "maximum performance" under Power Options (it appears to save battery life so it will take away from the wifi speed if it is not set to maximum). Anyways, the problem is when I go into Power Options I don't see the Wifi adapter setting................its as though my windows 10 is missing settings/options, but it is all there on my desktop PC..............*Rolleyes

Can someone tell me how to fix this and why it is missing on my surface pro win 10???

Thank you!!!

:)

Zadan, Feb 15, 2016

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Feb 15, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Feb 15, 2016
  4. Windows 10 settings/options???

Hello Zadan Welcome to the Ten Forums!

One thing to know right off the top is that the WiFi, network adapter, and other similar settings wouldn't be found in the power options used for telling Windows when or not toturn the display off or turn off the hard drives after so many minutes. That's a completely separate category seen there. For some settings you would go to the Start>Settings>Network & Internet section which plays a large role in the options for Wi-Fi, airplane mode, and VPN there.

Under the Ethernet heading you would look at the Change adapter settings and also take a look in the Network & Sharing which then opens to the Control Panel where that is found. The internet map as well as troubleshooting options for internet and setting up a new connection as well as changing the configuration are located throughout that.

Under Proxy the Automatically detect settings option is generally left on unless knowing just how to manually configure things for a proxy server for ethernet or WiFi. One option available besides those would be the InstantGO which remains connectivity while the display is sleeping and keeps things connected in the background which also sees power consuption reduced. The blog for this however is an older one from 2014 before 10 was even out in the Tech Preview form. InstantGo: a better way to sleep | Windows Experience Blog

Power saving features on tablets, thinkpads, netbooks, laptops, and the MS Surface and Surface Pro models are to be expected since these all run portable from battery power. The only power plan you can set to get around any if not all would be either the High Performance or creating your own custom plan where you go through each and every setting in the advanced setting once the new plan is created. That does include a few IE and memory settings as pertains to performance settings as well as enabling or disabling the wake up, turning display, drives off, etc. but will only help to a degree at keeping things running that will take more power.

The real problem is "WiFi on the fly!" where if you are on the go if this is case instead of seeing only one or two constant WiFi sources. As for streaming video by WiFi on a tablet if not one of the Surface models you have the problem of limited capacity getting in the way. Once you pull down on things a bit harder small portable devices like this will tend to "Wimp Out" on you?!

A good blog found for you about the InstantGO and even how to see that disabled can be looked over at Workaround for Surface Pro 3 WiFi Issues The blog there also gets into how to turn on or off Windows features which is what InstantGO is as well as resolving WiFi related issues on the Surface Pro 3 models in general which you have there.

Night Hawk, Feb 15, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 settings/options???

1. Windows 10 settings/options??? - Similar Threads - settings options

2. How do I get the touchpad option in my settings without buying a trackpad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get the touchpad option in my settings without buying a trackpad?: Currently remoting into my PC from my samsung tablet. I got most of my mouse functionality that I want, including right click, and scroll. However a key feature I'm missing is middle click. I'm aware that windows touchpad allows triple tapping to engage middle mouse, however...
  3. How do I get the touchpad option in my settings without buying a trackpad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get the touchpad option in my settings without buying a trackpad?: Currently remoting into my PC from my samsung tablet. I got most of my mouse functionality that I want, including right click, and scroll. However a key feature I'm missing is middle click. I'm aware that windows touchpad allows triple tapping to engage middle mouse, however...
  4. How do I get the touchpad option in my settings without buying a trackpad?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Action center not working, not being able to press the 'Devices' option in settings.

Action center not working, not being able to press the 'Devices' option in settings.: Hi! So i've run into a problem where i've followed all the instructions on here on how to fix my action center, didn't work. Basically what happens is, when i press it the gray unloaded window of it appears on my screen for a split second. Then it disappears. I tried...
  6. Action center not working, not being able to press the 'Devices' option in settings.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action center not working, not being able to press the 'Devices' option in settings.: Hi! So i've run into a problem where i've followed all the instructions on here on how to fix my action center, didn't work. Basically what happens is, when i press it the gray unloaded window of it appears on my screen for a split second. Then it disappears. I tried...
  7. Action center not working, not being able to press the 'Devices' option in settings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Windows 10 Power and Sleep settings missing Sleep option for all power plans

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Power and Sleep settings missing Sleep option for all power plans: This is a desktop PC running Windows 10 with the latest updates. In settings/ system/ power and sleep I do not get the option for Sleep in any of the Power Plans. I recently had my mother board replaced, after which I am facing this issue. Someone told me to check the...
  9. Windows 10 Power and Sleep settings missing Sleep option for all power plans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Power and Sleep settings missing Sleep option for all power plans: This is a desktop PC running Windows 10 with the latest updates. In settings/ system/ power and sleep I do not get the option for Sleep in any of the Power Plans. I recently had my mother board replaced, after which I am facing this issue. Someone told me to check the...
  10. Windows 10 Power and Sleep settings missing Sleep option for all power plans