Windows 10: Windows 10 Settings still there after reinstall

Discus and support Windows 10 Settings still there after reinstall in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have changed multiple settings on windows 10 but whenever I reinstall it, and I log in using a Ms account the settings are still there. It's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ZeroChill, Oct 29, 2015.

1. ZeroChill Win User

Windows 10 Settings still there after reinstall

Hi,

I have changed multiple settings on windows 10 but whenever I reinstall it, and I log in using a Ms account the settings are still there. It's like it saves them.

such as opening a folder in file explorer it will open in a new window so I know the settings haven't changed back to default.

How can I get all the defaults back. *Confused

Thanks.

:)

ZeroChill, Oct 29, 2015

2. Windows 10 reinstall

Yes, you can. This will allow you to reinstall Windows 10, without needing the product key.

Go to settings.

Select Update and Recovery

Go to Recovery

Select Reset this PC

Select Remove everything or Select Restore factory settings

"Remove everything" will give you a new clean install of Windows 10, but you may loose the ability to revert back to the older version of Windows. (Supposedly.)

I don't know if the "Restore factory settings" after the new install will send you back to the original version of Windows or reinstalls 10, after reinstalling Windows 10 the first time. I have reinstalled Windows 10 on may machine that originally came with
    Windows 8, and the "Restore factory settings" is still there. The only person to explain this anomaly is a Windows dev or someone who has the extra machines and/or time to test it.

krono-matrixer, Oct 29, 2015
  3. hiccups Win User
    No mail notifications from either the Windows 10 Mail app or Outlook 2016

If anybody still suffering from this problem. What it fixed for me was to uninstall "Mail & Calender" than reinstall via Windows Store.

After that the "mail" app started appearing in "settings -> privacy -> backround apps". Set it to "ON". Notify showing. Windows 10 Settings still there after reinstall :)

How to uninstall built apps tutorial here:

http://www.howtogeek.com/224798/how...-10s-built-in-apps-and-how-to-reinstall-them/

After the REINSTALL:

Start mail. Set it up.

Look at the Windows settings (nofications and backround apps).

You are good to go.

hiccups, Oct 29, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

There are a few places to look. The first is under Settings> Accounts> Sync your settings. Turn off what you don't want synced. That's probably what you are talking about. The other place to look is Settings> Personalization > Start. Turn off what you don't want.

JohnC, Oct 29, 2015
  5. XweAponX Win User
    If you use a Windows Account, it saves your settings across multiple machines but mostly on the main machine you use. At least Windows 8 and 8.1 used to do that. In some cases this is helpful, in others it's not.

At one time I had three Windows 8 machines and whenever I changed something like a desktop theme, the changes would be carried over to my other machines. Other changes too, my Chrome settings and IE settings. But not my desktop app settings. I finally had to turn that off. I don't know where the settings for that are in Windows 10.

XweAponX, Oct 29, 2015
  6. ZeroChill Win User
    I only use 1 Windows device which is this one, however as I explained above the settings are being saved system wide when I don't want them to be :S.

ZeroChill, Oct 30, 2015
  7. lx07 Win User
  8. JohnC Win User

It sees the reinstall as a chance to sync your settings. Turn off sync in Accounts and it won't remember.

JohnC, Oct 30, 2015
  9. ZeroChill Win User
    ZeroChill, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Settings still there after reinstall - Similar Threads - Settings still reinstall

2. Windows 11 screen still freezes after reinstalling Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 screen still freezes after reinstalling Windows: Yesterday I did a reinstall of Windows 11 on my 3-year-old HP laptop Intel 10th generation after repeated screen freezing and BSOD during various activities email, browsing, or just computer idle. Screen, keyboard and mouse all freeze, only a hard restart works.Freezes had...
  3. Windows 11 screen still freezes after reinstalling Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 screen still freezes after reinstalling Windows: Yesterday I did a reinstall of Windows 11 on my 3-year-old HP laptop Intel 10th generation after repeated screen freezing and BSOD during various activities email, browsing, or just computer idle. Screen, keyboard and mouse all freeze, only a hard restart works.Freezes had...
  4. Is the Windows product key still the same after reinstallation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the Windows product key still the same after reinstallation: I got a virus while installing software on a newly bought refurbished computer running Windows 11. The virus prevents me from accessing anything as the screen is flashing constantly and I can click on nothing. I ran various usb rescue disks Trend Micro, Kaspersky but none of...
  5. Is the Windows product key still the same after reinstallation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is the Windows product key still the same after reinstallation: I got a virus while installing software on a newly bought refurbished computer running Windows 11. The virus prevents me from accessing anything as the screen is flashing constantly and I can click on nothing. I ran various usb rescue disks Trend Micro, Kaspersky but none of...
  6. after reinstall win10,still BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    after reinstall win10,still BSOD: DESKTOP-0P4AVPU-(2021-07-02_22-32-37).zip - Google Drive after reinstall the win10,There is also BSOD thanks a lot windows ver:20H2(19042.1052) 182032
  7. WIFI not found in settings after reinstall windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIFI not found in settings after reinstall windows 10: I was resetting my PC using this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10 The reset was not perfect because I found my WIFI is missing from the settings. I have gone through a few steps of tutorial of "How to Fix" from internet, I still cannot solve the...
  8. Will I still get Win10 after reinstalling?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will I still get Win10 after reinstalling?: The laptop in question was bought in 2014, with either Win7 or 8.1 (can't remember exactly), then upgraded to 10 when it was first offered as a free upgrade. Now I want to wipe it and reinstall Windows. Will I still be able to get 10 again, free? 128059
  9. Windows still faulty even after a clean reinstall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows still faulty even after a clean reinstall: I bought a second-hand surface Pro and after a clean reinstall, still, windows is faulty. the problem is that none of Windows settings and capabilities work. the start button doesn't work, the control panel won't open. and none of the things that you have access through...
  10. Will I still be able to upgrade to Windows 10 after a reinstallation?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will I still be able to upgrade to Windows 10 after a reinstallation?: Hi, Because my current Windows installation seems to have issues that are beyond fixing (http://www.eightforums.com/general-s...tml#post517811), I plan on reinstalling Windows 8.1 though the ISO Installation Media Creation tool. However, I have already reserved my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 dont sync settings after reinstall