Windows 10: Windows 10 Setup - Cortana keeps looping and asking for region and keyboard layout.

Discus and support Windows 10 Setup - Cortana keeps looping and asking for region and keyboard layout. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I currently experiencing issues building Windows 10 PCs from scratch using a generic Win 10 ISO. During the install the PC gets to the Cortana... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BigIve, Aug 8, 2018.

1. BigIve Win User

Windows 10 Setup - Cortana keeps looping and asking for region and keyboard layout.

Hi,

I currently experiencing issues building Windows 10 PCs from scratch using a generic Win 10 ISO. During the install the PC gets to the Cortana portion of the wizard where is asks for region and keyboard layout. The information is provided and then the PC goes to continue on. At the next reboot of the PC the Cortana wizard once again asks for the same information.... repeat.

The PCs were previously enrolled into AutoPilot and Azure AD Joined. ALL records for the device in Azure AD, Intune and AutoPilot have been removed. The PC has also had it's HDD fully wiped, re-partitioned and reformatted (several times).

I'm at a loss as to what is causing this continual looping of the device.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

:)

BigIve, Aug 8, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Aug 8, 2018
  3. Cortana setup wizard

After selecting region and keyboard layout during the setup wizard with cortana, it showed that something went wrong. I restarted the computer and tried different regions and languages but there is no way i can move on to the next step. What should id do
    ?

AlexDimopoulos1, Aug 8, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Setup - Cortana keeps looping and asking for region and keyboard layout.

Wrong keyboard layout in login page after update to 1607

Hi,

Since the issue reoccurred after updating to anniversary update, I suggest you to reconfigure the QWERTY keyboard layout and check if the same issue persists. This is to check if the issue is with Windows 10 1607 update.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to configure the keyboard layout:

• Open Settings and click on Time and Language.
    • Click on Region and Language.
    • Add the Country and click on add a language and select the language of your choice.
    • This will take time to download the pack.
    • Once this is done, Press Windows key + Space and press Space key to choose the keyboard layout.
    Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Setup - Cortana keeps looping and asking for region and keyboard layout.

1. Windows 10 Setup - Cortana keeps looping and asking for region and keyboard layout. - Similar Threads - Setup Cortana keeps

2. Keyboard layout keeps changing layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard layout keeps changing layout: My entire Windows is configured in English, the layout of the keyboard in Swiss-French. I speak fluently five languages between which I have to switch professionally several times during the day. I was drafting an e-mail in English and Windows kept changing the layout from...
  3. Keyboard layout keeps changing layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard layout keeps changing layout: My entire Windows is configured in English, the layout of the keyboard in Swiss-French. I speak fluently five languages between which I have to switch professionally several times during the day. I was drafting an e-mail in English and Windows kept changing the layout from...
  4. removing region keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    removing region keyboard layout: i want my region and almost everything to be uk but i dont want uk keyboard layout because i only use US and thai keyboard layout but when i remove uk keyboard layout it say something like "this is regional language and if you remove it we will change your region" but i want...
  5. removing region keyboard layout

removing region keyboard layout: i want my region and almost everything to be uk but i dont want uk keyboard layout because i only use US and thai keyboard layout but when i remove uk keyboard layout it say something like "this is regional language and if you remove it we will change your region" but i want...
  6. Remove regional keyboard layout during OSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remove regional keyboard layout during OSD: Hi team, I'm trying to remove one keyboard input method during OSD clean install. Dutch language pack comes with two keyboards NL-NLD and NL-INTL and we want to have only NL-INTL once Windows are installed. What would be the easiest way to achieve this?...
  7. Cortana keep asking me.

Cortana keep asking me.: After reinstalling my Windows 10 Home SL, my Cortana keeps asking me for Online speech recognition permission. Can you help me pls? *I can't see Cortana on category selection*[ATTACH]...
  8. Windows 10 keeps switching keyboard layouts.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 keeps switching keyboard layouts.: Hi, After every reboot of an up to date Windows 10, my keyboard layout switches to Swiss German, but I'm working on a PC with a US international keyboard. Sometimes I work from my laptop with a Swiss German keyboard. Somehow the computer's keyboard layout is tied to the...
  9. Windows 10 Update-Choose Keyboard Layout loop

Windows 10 Update-Choose Keyboard Layout loop: Windows 10 started update on my PC and at some point the Blue Screen appears asking for Keyboard Layout. I choose US layout and then ‘Choose an Option’ blue screen. ‘Continue’ doesn’t work as it loops back. What happens if i just choose ‘Turn off your PC’? I wouldn’t...
  10. Windows 10 Setup Keeps Looping

Windows 10 Setup Keeps Looping: [IMG]subject https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-setup-keeps-looping/70e753d4-1023-4c27-a834-f4cd6c498555

Users found this page by searching for:

1. something went wrong keyboard add layout cortana stuck

2. autopilot keeps asking for keyboard