Windows 10: Windows 10 Setup Crash

Discus and support Windows 10 Setup Crash in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys my first post here... I am having an issue with Windows 10 during the initial setup after it has been installed. My PC restarted as normal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Loverofthelamp, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Setup Crash

Hi guys my first post here...
    I am having an issue with Windows 10 during the initial setup after it has been installed. My PC restarted as normal which brang me to the first screen (Welcome back, Jon! etc). I click next and the computer freezes and restarts itself and it does this every time...I have a decent custom built PC (16gb RAM, 500gb SSD) so there should not be a reason it is too much for it to load a simple screen. Any help would be great thanks!

:)

Loverofthelamp, Aug 12, 2015
  2. TarMAc Win User

Unable to install VS2015 on Windows 10

Thank you.

I reran the Windows 10 setup and it resolved my problem. I am able to run the Visual Studio 2015 setup without any crashes.

TarMAc, Aug 12, 2015
  3. AaronHull Win User
    Installing Win10 on a new PC - Crash during Windows Logo and Loading Dots

Using the following:

- Official Windows 10 Pro USB

- Old HDD with previously functioning Windows 10 on it

- A USB with Windows 10 setup with microsoft's software

- A USB with Ubuntu setup with Rufus

They all resulted in the same, as soon as I attempted to move beyond a DOS window, the system crashed and restarted.

Plugging the video card back in, Windows 10 install finally worked. However, after installing video drivers, the system started to crash again.

The problem was my PSU.

Thanks for the help, I guess.

AaronHull, Aug 12, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Setup Crash

1. Windows 10 Setup Crash - Similar Threads - Setup Crash

2. Desktop Window Manager randomly crashes, Backscreens my whole setup. Even on games that...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop Window Manager randomly crashes, Backscreens my whole setup. Even on games that...: I've been having these issues for a while now and every fix I found online did practically nothing for me so I decided to post something myself on here. I'll put the Problem Details below! DescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\dwm.exeProblem...
  3. Windows 11 fresh setup all of a sudden crashing with a wide variety of BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 fresh setup all of a sudden crashing with a wide variety of BSOD: I really wonder what has become of Microsoft and their products. Not only is Windows 11 an utter failure when it comes to stability but the fact that updates break an earlier installation entirely so that even the network is no longer usable despite working drivers only...
  4. Windows 11 fresh setup all of a sudden crashing with a wide variety of BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 fresh setup all of a sudden crashing with a wide variety of BSOD: I really wonder what has become of Microsoft and their products. Not only is Windows 11 an utter failure when it comes to stability but the fact that updates break an earlier installation entirely so that even the network is no longer usable despite working drivers only...
  5. PC will install windows but crashes during setup and wont boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will install windows but crashes during setup and wont boot up: I just built my own pc with a AMD 5600x cpu, AMD 6700xt gpu, 970 Evo plus m.2 ssd, 16x2 ram, and a TUF B550-PLUS wifi II motherboard. The first time I booted up my pc, I installed Windows 11 with a USB thumb drive and managed to finish setting it up. However, while I was...
  6. PC will install windows but crashes during setup and wont boot up

PC will install windows but crashes during setup and wont boot up: I just built my own pc with a AMD 5600x cpu, AMD 6700xt gpu, 970 Evo plus m.2 ssd, 16x2 ram, and a TUF B550-PLUS wifi II motherboard. The first time I booted up my pc, I installed Windows 11 with a USB thumb drive and managed to finish setting it up. However, while I was...
  7. Visual Studio setup launches and instantly crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Studio setup launches and instantly crashes: I keep having an issue with visual studio setup. Whenever I launch it it just crashes with no error box but I was able to find an error in Event Viewer and these are the errors:...
  8. Visual Studio setup launches and instantly crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Visual Studio setup launches and instantly crashes: I keep having an issue with visual studio setup. Whenever I launch it it just crashes with no error box but I was able to find an error in Event Viewer and these are the errors:...
  9. Visual Studio setup launches and instantly crashes

10. Aptio Setup Utility Broken, Loop / Crash.

Aptio Setup Utility Broken, Loop / Crash.: Hi, I really need help right now..My ASUS Laptop has been stuck on the Aptio Setup Utility loop. I've looked for online methods and solutions but non of them seem to work. Options like secure boot was also turned off but it still doesn't work. I tried using a USB to help it...