Windows 10: Windows 10 SFC Unable to fix corrupt files

Discus and support Windows 10 SFC Unable to fix corrupt files in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Ok After cleaning Malware , the SFC is finding corrupt files , since this I have took the following steps Update to windows 10 using Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by 90Ninety, Oct 24, 2015.

1. 90Ninety Win User

Windows 10 SFC Unable to fix corrupt files

Ok

After cleaning Malware , the SFC is finding corrupt files , since this I have took the following steps

Update to windows 10 using Windows 10 ISO , within windows 10 operating system while keeping apps and documents
    SFC / scannow ( many many times )
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth /source:wim:d:\sources\install.wim:1 /LimitAccess ( many times )

Even after the common solutions above the SFC is still finding corrupt files

See cbs in link
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...HhYOTRiT3pxVzQ

Hats off to he who solves it !

:)

90Ninety, Oct 24, 2015

2. Unable to fix corrupt files using SFC

Yes you have one Folder/File that is corrupted but it is in a Windows sub-folder.

2017-12-02 11:30:18, Info CSI 00005403 [SR] Repairing corrupted file \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\hi-in\hi-in\TransliterationComponentLayouts.dgml from store

You can ignore it. Or Copy that file and folder somewhere and then delete it to see if that helps.

Rob - SpiritX

SpiritX MS MVP, Oct 24, 2015
  3. Unable to fix corrupt files using SFC

sorry i mean I didn't got error in resetting I mean to say that after resetting pc I tried sfc one more time and got same error then I tried in clean boot and the same error again

after that I tried to reset my pc with media creation and I got error in media creation.. Error code:-0xc1800103-0x90002

kunaljain1534, Oct 24, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Please make the link available for everyone without asking for permission, this would make it easier for everyone to help *Smile

5. Hello 90Ninety Welcome to the Ten Forums!

Besides a good look at what you are trying to show us here where the Windows Accessories Snipping Tool has a good place for posting snippings of things...

Windows 10 SFC Unable to fix corrupt files [​IMG]

tthe SFC or System File Checker tool is far from being a "FIX ALL" solution by any means. By "malwares" you mean what type as far as adbots, spybots, trojans, keyloggers, pc viruses. etc.? A little information about just what had to be cleaned off would be a help too. The corrupted files may have been system files infected(recoded) by a virus and too extensive a repair for the SFC tool to handle if an Clean Install of 10 are the only options available to see results.

The snipping tool allows you to save screen captures to any folder of choice where you can then see them posted with the squate "Insert Image" option on the reply text box menu bar or provide the url address for an image sharing site like Photobucket or TinyPic when not simply attaching the image file itself using the Go Advanced option.

Night Hawk, Oct 25, 2015
  6. 90Ninety Win User
    Apologies; The CBS file is now publicly available

Thanks

90Ninety, Oct 26, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    A picture is corrupted, but SFC source is not.
    Code: 2015-10-24 23:28:29, Info CSI 00005350 [SR] Verify complete 2015-10-24 23:28:29, Info CSI 00005351 [SR] Repairing 1 components 2015-10-24 23:28:29, Info CSI 00005352 [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction 2015-10-24 23:28:29, Info CSI 00005353 Hashes for file member \SystemRoot\WinSxS\amd64_microsoft-windows-microsoftedge_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.10240.16542_none_193a880a8aca96a3\MicrosoftEdgeSquare44x44.scale-125_contrast-white.png do not match actual file [l:106{53}]"MicrosoftEdgeSquare44x44.scale-125_contrast-white.png" : Found: {l:32 b:d88KqKptc/J61/qkL3yadqaJpg10SD+WBQ3BzArbiMA=} Expected: {l:32 b:VR3+fshmsSxNARCI3MhFhrszJNS2j5z4HNbWiTeYEjU=} 2015-10-24 23:28:29, Info CSI 00005354 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:106{53}]"MicrosoftEdgeSquare44x44.scale-125_contrast-white.png" of Microsoft-Windows-MicrosoftEdge, Version = 10.0.10240.16542, pA = amd64, nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash mismatch 2015-10-24 23:28:30, Info CSI 00005355@2015/10/24:22:28:30.118 Primitive installers committed for repair[/quote] Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow does NOT say "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violation" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

8. 90Ninety Win User

Malwares ; I am unsure which class of Malware they are; I would guess it is Adware , as My browser's were displaying ads . I was quite proud ( wanted to fix myself ) of the Malware removal and deleted all remnants including quarantines .
    To delete the Malware I used Many anti Virus tools Inlcluding:
    MBAM
    HITMAN Pro
    RKill
    Windows Defender
    ComboFix
    JRT
    RougeKiller
    TDSSKiller

I did however Find remnants with Defender ; see image

90Ninety, Oct 26, 2015
  9. 90Ninety Win User
    Failed once again, see below

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8x...ew?usp=sharing

Thanks

90Ninety, Oct 26, 2015
  10. Trojan droppers! Don't you just love having bugs dropped in your lap?! You may want to try out the 30 day trial of VIPRE Internet Security 2016 now available. The temp activation for seeing the full features work for the 30 day period will annihilate what all the other programs seem unable to clean off. The web filtering will also help prevent any more bug bombs from landing on you!

Night Hawk, Oct 26, 2015
  11. 90Ninety Win User
    BUMP

I am unsure if it is related , however I am getting frequent errors with all browsers ( from this same machine) :

IE , EDGE and Chrome

they are all returning a "this webpage is unavailable"

this is happening with 50% of internet pages as shown below

However I am able to access these websites from other computers on the same network

Help

90Ninety, Nov 1, 2015
  12. If you also run into something like "BAD REQUEST" the first step is clearing out your browser(s)'s history! Just lately the Waterfox history had to cleared out when not able to connect to the sites previously visited on older Bing searches! "BAD REQUEST" when you know the sites aren't down for any reason.

Likewise you may have to clear the dns cache as well in order since you have multiple browsers in use there too. When opening up the Command prompt(admin) type in "ipconfig /flushdns" without the quotes of course and hit enter to let that take place. You should find browsing is right back to normal but you will need to re-enter the previously saved if any passwords since the entire history gets wiped clean.

Night Hawk, Nov 1, 2015
  13. Windows 10 SFC Unable to fix corrupt files

I am not sure if you did this to your registry. Any registry cleaning may and most likely will show many entries that should be deleted during a registry scan. Unfortunately, this will type of scan will also highlight system registry entries and deleting them will result in a sfc /scannow negative result for which there is no recovery to positive result no matter how many times you run the command.

lopedoggie, Nov 1, 2015
  14. Even MS has issued warnings at times about the over use of registry cleaning utility programs. I could easily just as well suspect an app like CCleaner might also nuke something important in 10 since that was written for the older XP, Vista, 7 days.

At one time I had one where you could browse the entire registy without opening the regedit tool for manually removing entries when found to be no longer connected to anything. The smart moves you can make when things are at their best is 1) see a full system image created and 2) use a working option to see a good backup of the System Registry before getting into things! Have yourself a working "Disaster Recovery Plan" in advance!

Night Hawk, Nov 1, 2015
  15. 90Ninety Win User
    As it currently stands I can browse through internet perfectly fine if I Manually enter the URL of sites I want to go to . The challenge comes when ; for example : I am reading a blog , in the blog there is a link which should lead me to Sky News ( for example) , when I click on this link I get "Bad request" . This happens with all links irrelevant of browser choice

Thanks for your suggestion ; I Cleaned my history of all browsers , and ran "ipconfig/flushdns"( as admin) . I then restarted Windows , however the issue remains , when I click any external link I get the Same Bad Request page , as shown above

90Ninety, Nov 2, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 SFC Unable to fix corrupt files - Similar Threads - SFC Unable fix

2. SFC found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.: Hello everyone,Recently, my windows 10 custom machine started to take too long to load windows after the initial sign in. After doing some searching, I came across a comment that suggested to run some commands on CMD. I did and I "SFC found corrupt files but was unable to fix...
  3. SFC found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SFC found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.: Hello everyone,Recently, my windows 10 custom machine started to take too long to load windows after the initial sign in. After doing some searching, I came across a comment that suggested to run some commands on CMD. I did and I "SFC found corrupt files but was unable to fix...
  4. SFC found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. SFC cannot fix corrupted files

SFC cannot fix corrupted files: Hello, I run sfc on a regular bases and now, for the first time, get the answer that some corrupted file could not be fixed. I tried chkdsk AND Dism-scan, but no change. Then I ran sfc in save mode but no change. What to do? Thanks Win10 Pro, 64 bit, all uptodate,...
  6. sfc /scannow detects corrupted files but unable to fix them?

sfc /scannow detects corrupted files but unable to fix them?: Below is a link to the CBS.log that it created when a did a system scan. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B30vhC-qB2Iud2F4WXlRd2xObnFVZzhpMlF6em4yN1kyM0VB/view?usp=sharing As always, all help is greatly appreciated!...
  7. Windows SFC unable to fix corrupt files.

Windows SFC unable to fix corrupt files.: Long Story Short: I had some issues with an application on Windows 7, (Error code 0xc0000005) and someone suggested me to reinstall my Windows or upgrade. (I was going to update to Windows 10 anyway so I thought this is a good reason.). Still, the error persists. The same...
  8. sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix them

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc /scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix them: Hello. I'm using Windows 10 with the latest Skip Ahead build 17004. Running the OS on a Lenovo Z50-70 laptop. Because of boredom I decided to run the sfc /scannow command and it seems I got some errors. All the errors are something like: "Error: Overlap: Duplicate...
  9. SFC Finds Corrupt Files but is Unable to Fix

SFC Finds Corrupt Files but is Unable to Fix: I ran sfc /scannow in an admin command prompt, however when it completes I receive this message: "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example...
  10. SFC can't fix corrupted files

SFC can't fix corrupted files: I just got this problem where windows search does not function (I do not have cortana, using dutch windows). So i thaught i could fix it with SFC /scannow. But with this scan came the message "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix someof...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to solve “sfc unable to fix corrupt files” problem in windows 10