Windows 10: windows 10 share printer VS Windows XP problem

Discus and support windows 10 share printer VS Windows XP problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; sharing printer between windows 10 and xp did not. Because of a password. 8388 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zatanx, Jul 16, 2015.

1. zatanx Win User

windows 10 share printer VS Windows XP problem

sharing printer between windows 10 and xp did not.
    Because of a password.

:)

zatanx, Jul 16, 2015

2. Printer sharing Windows 10 and Windows XP

I have the same problem. I know how to share a file, folder or printer since Win3.1

File sharing is working fine among Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 10. Printer sharing is working fine between Windows 7 and Windows 10, but it does not wokr with Windows XP, it must be a Windows 10 issue, please advice on workaround solution.

JimDelgado, Jul 16, 2015
  3. mlg63 Win User
    Can Windows 10 network with a Windows XP Pro machine?

No drivers for windows 10 means you cannot use the printer on the win 10 computer. This is not a network problem. You must have an old printer that needs to be replaced by a wireless all in one. Keep the old printer on the xp computer. You can network
    with the xp computer simply by setting your Network & Sharing Center to share files on a Private network but you will not be able to use the xp printer without drivers. You can share files but not the printer.

mlg63, Jul 16, 2015
Thema:

windows 10 share printer VS Windows XP problem

1. windows 10 share printer VS Windows XP problem - Similar Threads - share printer problem

2. Windows 10 vs Windows XP

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 vs Windows XP: I am trying to install an HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus printer to my computer that has Windows 10/2004 but it states I need Windows XP with service pack 2 or Windows7. I thought Windows 10 was a newer edition?...
  3. sharing windows 10 vs 1909

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sharing windows 10 vs 1909: I have tried everything in windows 10 vs1909 about sharing nothing works even i set in services.msc but nothing john ebejer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-windows-10-vs-1909/535d6672-e576-46e1-9d95-acb4bef9211d
  4. Windows 10 vs Windows XP (Pros and Cons)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 vs Windows XP (Pros and Cons): There are several behaviors of Windows 10 that remind me of Windows XP. While I may get overly rambunctious with how great XP was and how 10 leaves me wanting, I first wish to address the features 10 offers, which are clear improvements over XP. Secondly, I hope others also...
  5. Windows 10 printer sharing problem

Windows 10 printer sharing problem: Hello, I have a problem with windows 10 and a dot matrix epson lx350 printer. I installed the printer and it works ok on the host, I shared it across the network, and then I added it to the other pcs in the network. The problem is that the network printing works only until...
  6. Windows 10 Share Printer Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Share Printer Problem: I have two Windows 10 Computer one locally installed Epson LQ 690 its working fine but I share the same printer and try to connect with second computer I can see the printer when I click the printer its ask to install the driver when I click yes its give message "Windows can...
  7. cannot print to shared XP printer from 10

cannot print to shared XP printer from 10: I've an old printer, drivers are only available for XP. It is connected to the parallel port on the laptop. It is shared from an XP laptop via wifi/ router. My Win 7 machines all print to the printer My Win 10 machine does NOT show the XP system or anything shared from...
  8. Shared printer problem with windows 10 printer default manage

Shared printer problem with windows 10 printer default manage: Hi to all. I am having an annoing problem with shared printers. The user that share a printer lose the default printer in any case when another user print on this shared and it turn immediatly default printer only for the user that share the printer. The printer...
  9. sharing between windows 10 and XP

sharing between windows 10 and XP: Hi to all i have installed printer model HP laserjet1300 on windows 10 machine now i want to share this printer with a machine running Windows XP.but i failed to succeed. is it possible or there is no compatibility between both windows for purpose of sharing printer?? 93899
  10. Cannot add printer shared by Windows 10 to Windows XP.

Cannot add printer shared by Windows 10 to Windows XP.: Hi. I cannot add a printer that is connected to a PC with Windows 10 installed. Client OS is Windows XP. When I try to open "\\WIN10COMP" and doubleclick on printer name, I get: "Operation could not be completed. Access is denied.". [img] [img] When I try to...