Windows 10: Windows 10 shared drives access

Discus and support Windows 10 shared drives access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm in the early stages of a clean build of Windows 10 x64 on my desktop which has 11 drives that I have shared out however on two of my three laptops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jgt1942, Jan 22, 2016.

1. jgt1942 Win User

Windows 10 shared drives access

I'm in the early stages of a clean build of Windows 10 x64 on my desktop which has 11 drives that I have shared out however on two of my three laptops I cannot access some of the drives. I've tried numerous suggestions and so far none have resolved the issue. My desktop is known as S4, my troubled laptops are known as Sony and W700, the one one laptop that does not have any issues is known as Lenovo-Z580. All system are running Win10 x64, the laptops are upgrades from Win8.1. The latest possible solution deals with using the CMD "net use" (see How To Disconnect Non-Mapped UNC Path in Windows) and have encountered a lot of confusion. I'm focusing on the Sony and W700 systems since they have the problems.
    • I opened a CMD prompt (I ran as admin) and ran the "net use" command. In the following image note the section at the top of the CMD window and note that there are no connections.

Windows 10 shared drives access [​IMG]
    • I then mapped four drives on the S4 system, e.g. the P, Q, R and S

• Back in the CMD window again I ran the "net use" command, now note the bottom half of the CMD window in the image. It shows that I have mapped the four drives.

• I then rebooted the Sony system, opened CMD window, ran the "net use" command and now the drives are not mapped.

• At this point I'm a bit lost and have no idea why the connection is NOT being remembered (I did select the check box to reconnect when I was mapping the drives).
    • I then moved to the W700 system, opened a CMD window and ran the "net use" cmd. In the top half note that several drives are listed twice under the Remote column. I attempted to use the "net use /delete \\server\sharename" command to remove all mappings. When I attempted to use the command a second time for the duplicate entry it of course failed as you can see in the following image. BTW I used the "net use /delete" for all of the mappings. Thus I "should" now have zero drives mapped.

• OK so I rebooted the W700 system, open my file manager, CMD window and ran "net use", following is what I see. Note #1 section, all of the drives still appear to be mapped. Note #2 section, the net use command shows that the drives are still mapped. Note #3 section when I attempt to delete a mapped drive the "net use" commend tells me that it cannot be found.

I'm lost!!!!

:)

jgt1942, Jan 22, 2016
  2. Niels83 Win User

Windows 10 - Photos app - No readable photos, videos, or folders sound.

• If you've updated your device's software to Windows 10 prior to your concern.
      No problems in Windows 7 before upgrade to Windows 10
    • If the files that you want to access are on a shared drive on your network.
      No share drive
    • If you've experienced the same concern when accessing a folder that is stored on the hard drive of the device that you're using.
      No issues when accessing the folder stored on the hard drive
    • The last activities performed on your device prior to your concern.
      No activities
    • The version of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. Windows 10 Home 1703 build 15063.296

Niels83, Jan 22, 2016
  3. HR Raihan Win User
    Access permission to windows shared folder and non shared folder.

Hello

I've several shared folders on my Windows 10 64 bit system with proper user permission but they can access my all drive by using \\mypc\drive$. Eventually I just stop sharing and after
    stop sharing they can also access my PC (all files and folder). Note: My PC is under a corporate domain (mydomain.com) and also enterprise network.

Problem 1: Want to share file without root access (\\mypc\drive$) and no one will not be able to access
    non shared folder.

Solution:

Problem 2: When I'll stop sharing, no one will not be able to access my printer or files.

Solution:

Thanks,

HR Raihan, Jan 22, 2016
  4. jgt1942 Win User

HELP!!!! Anybody have suggestions?????

jgt1942, Jan 31, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 shared drives access - Similar Threads - shared drives access

2. Difficulty Accessing Shared Network Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difficulty Accessing Shared Network Drive: Hi there, I'm having trouble accessing a shared network drive from my work computer. Every time I try to connect, I receive an error message stating that the drive cannot be found. I've double-checked the network settings and ensured that I have the correct permissions. Could...
  3. Accessing shared drive on Windows 11 from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accessing shared drive on Windows 11 from Windows 10: This is a function that was previously working but has recently stopped. I was able to share my drives between my laptop and my desktop, same microsoft account. However recently I am no longer able to access my laptop's drive from my desktop. It has started prompting for a...
  4. Accessing shared drive on Windows 11 from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing shared drive on Windows 11 from Windows 10: This is a function that was previously working but has recently stopped. I was able to share my drives between my laptop and my desktop, same microsoft account. However recently I am no longer able to access my laptop's drive from my desktop. It has started prompting for a...
  5. Accessing a shared Drive on home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accessing a shared Drive on home network: Hello,I have a PC and Laptop. I use the same exact Windows Credentials using my live.com account to use both computers. They are BOTH set up as Administrators on each respective computer. However, I cannot access a shared drive from one computer or another, even though it is...
  6. Windows cannot access Shared Folder or Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows cannot access Shared Folder or Drive in Windows 10: You may experience a Windows cannot access \\ Computer’s Name, Shared folder, or Network Drive letter error while trying to access a shared file. In this article, we are going to find reasons and fixes for this problem. Why can’t I access Shared Folder or Drive This error...
  7. Can't access a shared network drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access a shared network drive: I have a Windows desktop system here to which I need to connect my two Windows laptops. Laptop1 connects fine but laptop2 returns an error to the effect that I need permission to access that system. But obviously I've done everything on the desktop system that needs to be...
  8. Shared drive access

Shared drive access: Hello, I am trying to access a shared drive I have created on another PC recently but whenever I click on the desktop on the network it ask for credentials despite me already ticking the box to turn off password protection in the settings. I have done the trouble shooter...
  9. Unable to Access to Share Drive or C$

Unable to Access to Share Drive or C$: Facing below issue unable to access to the PC share folder but able to remote and Ping to the PC, not even can use via IP address, but the PC can open others PC share folder or C$. That PC is using Window 7 Pro [ATTACH]...
  10. Cannot see or access share drives in Windows 10 anymore

Cannot see or access share drives in Windows 10 anymore: Used to be able to see and access my share drives of various computers on my private network using file manager; but not any more. Could it be the latest Windows 10 updates have something to do with it? All computers are running Windows 10 or Win 10 Pro. Please help....