Windows 10: Windows 10 Shortcut CTRL + ALT not saving

Discus and support Windows 10 Shortcut CTRL + ALT not saving in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to run some App by creating the CTRL + ALT shortcut for some applications and when applying the changes I get an error as 'You will need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarcoTagliaferri, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Shortcut CTRL + ALT not saving

I am trying to run some App by creating the CTRL + ALT shortcut for some applications and when applying the changes I get an error as 'You will need to provide administrator permission to change these settings.' Although I am the administrator, I have logged in as administrator but it still will not save the settings.

Any solutions out there?

:)

MarcoTagliaferri, Aug 3, 2018

2. Swapping CTRL and ALT shortcuts

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• When you say that "using control + key shortcuts is super uncomfortable", what is the exact issue that you facing with using Ctrl key?
    • When you say that "swap CTRL with ALT", are you facing difficulties in using ctrl key on the new laptop?

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 3, 2018
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    ctrl alt del to logon

Hi Diane,

Conflicts with the user account settings is one of the possible reasons why the secure sign-in option is enabled on your computer even if the box in the settings is not checked. I would suggest that you enable and disable the
    Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete. You can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + R.
    • Type control userpasswords2 or netplwiz and press the Enter key.
    • Click the Advanced tab.
    • Under Secure sign-in, check the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox.
    • Click Apply.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Open the same settings again and uncheck the Require users to press Ctrl + Alt + Delete checkbox and follow the
      steps 5 and 6.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Aug 3, 2018
  4. jonmcc33 Win User

Windows 10 Shortcut CTRL + ALT not saving

Ctrl Alt Del, Vista

On a domain you won't get Task Manager when you hit Ctrl+Alt+Del. You get a crazy screen with a bunch of options.

Ctrl+Shift+Esc has always brought up just the Task Manager, even back to Windows XP days. You just weren't aware of it. *Wink Windows 10 Shortcut CTRL + ALT not saving ;)

Go ahead, try it in Windows XP too.

jonmcc33, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Shortcut CTRL + ALT not saving

1. Windows 10 Shortcut CTRL + ALT not saving - Similar Threads - Shortcut CTRL ALT

2. ctrl alt delete keyboard shortcut not working on welcome screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ctrl alt delete keyboard shortcut not working on welcome screen: when I log in, the computer does not respond to pressing the ctrl alt delete combination, but the keyboard is working because I can make changes to the bios. I already disabled fast boot in BIOS, tried to use system restore at startup, but all this did not work. I installed a...
  3. ctrl alt delete keyboard shortcut not working on welcome screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ctrl alt delete keyboard shortcut not working on welcome screen: when I log in, the computer does not respond to pressing the ctrl alt delete combination, but the keyboard is working because I can make changes to the bios. I already disabled fast boot in BIOS, tried to use system restore at startup, but all this did not work. I installed a...
  4. ctrl alt delete keyboard shortcut not working on welcome screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Keyboard shortcut to hide taskbar in windows 10. Neither Ctrl+Alt+I nor Ctrl + Esc worked,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard shortcut to hide taskbar in windows 10. Neither Ctrl+Alt+I nor Ctrl + Esc worked,...: [ATTACH] https://www.google.com/search?q=keybaord+shortcutr+to+hide+windows+10+taskbar&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS852US852&oq=keybaord+shortcutr+to+hide+windows+10+taskbar&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.4347j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8...
  6. ctrl+alt+delete

in Windows 10 Customization
    ctrl+alt+delete: ctrl+alt+delete[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%E4%B8%BA%E4%BB%80%E4%B9%88%E6%8C%89ctrlaltdelete/56e61828-5b0a-4cc2-a5b0-a9f6a8d1d39f
  7. BUG: Ctrl-Alt-Shift-F shortcut no longer working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BUG: Ctrl-Alt-Shift-F shortcut no longer working: Recently updated to 1909 Build 18363 Now the flatten shortcut (Ctrl-Alt-Shift-F) in Photoshop no longer works. Pretty sure this is a windows bug submitted by /u/wozmatic [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows Process for Custom CTRL+ALT keyboard shortcut keys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Process for Custom CTRL+ALT keyboard shortcut keys: What windows process executes the custom keyboard shortcuts that a user can define to open files or programs? For example I may have a file on my desktop where I defined CTRL+ALT+E to open a favorite excel file. So whenever I hit this key combo, the excel file opens. I...
  9. Shortcuts not working CTRL+LMB and ctrl-alt-v

Shortcuts not working CTRL+LMB and ctrl-alt-v: I have recently changed to windows from mac os and I am having a nightmare of a time. Selecting non-adjacent text and pasting plain text are IMPARATIVE to my work. The fact that none of the shortcuts are working is adding SO MUCH time to my workflow it's disgusting. For...
  10. Some CTRL+ALT shortcut combos won't work

Some CTRL+ALT shortcut combos won't work: I've set up a bunch of shortcut keys to files/folders/apps I use often by entering a key combo in the properties > shortcut page of .lnk shortcuts. I've done this in every version of Windows I've used with rarely any issues. The key combos are all CTRL+ALT combos. There...