Windows 10: windows 10 show autoplay out side of notification area?

Discus and support windows 10 show autoplay out side of notification area? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does any one know how? Auto-play shows in the notification area, but when I click it, it disappears from the menu. 17221 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by possom2009, Aug 17, 2015.

1. windows 10 show autoplay out side of notification area?

Does any one know how? Auto-play shows in the notification area, but when I click it, it disappears from the menu.

:)

possom2009, Aug 17, 2015

2. autoplay doesn't work after loading windows 10

this solution does not work. tried above suggestion and changes to autoplay in control panel. then the group policy admin template settings. nothing works to enable autoplay. i'm on clean install of windows 10 PRO x64.

actual behavior: plug in SD card, drive shows up in this PC, no pop up asking for autoplay or in notification center. right clicking on drive, no option to trigger autoplay.

expected: after plugging in SD card, either autoplay notification or the right click menu contains autoplay button.

Badger_Badger_Badger, Aug 17, 2015
  3. Windows 10 : Getting autoplay to function

I upgraded to Windows 10.

Autoplay does not seem to work.

I right-click the CD DRIVE in the file explorer and choose "Open Autoplay ...". It then shows a dialogue in the top right corner.

But when I insert a CD, the notification icon in the system tray toggles as expected. Then I click it. I see in the list an entry for Autoplay. So I click it. The notification vanishes.

I should be setting the Autoplay dialogue when I put the CD in. But it refuses. For two days.

How do I fix this?

Thanks.

Andrew

AndrewTruckle, Aug 17, 2015
  4. sota24 Win User

windows 10 show autoplay out side of notification area?

I have this problem too. I have extensively looked around online and tried some of the fixes intended for earlier Windows versions - nothing has worked. There are mentions of the problem on the Windows Feedback app. I guess we just have to wait for Microsoft to patch it.

I don't know whether the problem only occurs with in place upgrades - did you do a clean install?

sota24, Aug 17, 2015
  5. No, I upgraded from Win8.1

possom2009, Aug 18, 2015
  6. bro67 Win User
    You need to change Auto Play options in the same place they have always been. Open up the Control Panel and choose Default Programs.

bro67, Aug 18, 2015
  7. I did, didn't work. The only option that seems to work is "open folders to view files".

possom2009, Aug 18, 2015
  8. windows 10 show autoplay out side of notification area?

I have the same issue but it only occurs with some accounts.

rollercoaster25, Aug 20, 2015
  9. Just wondering if anyone has downloaded the new windows 10 update out today and if that update fixed this issue?

rollercoaster25, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 show autoplay out side of notification area?

1. windows 10 show autoplay out side of notification area? - Similar Threads - show autoplay side

2. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification Area: How Do You Unlock The Icons In The Notification Area So Can Display Them On The Taskbar ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notification-area/57fbfb99-1aec-4126-873e-3c9205e1adf4
  3. Windows Security icon in Notification Area is Showing incorrect notification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security icon in Notification Area is Showing incorrect notification: Action recomended but there is no protection history.what can i do now?[Original Title: windows security] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-security-icon-in-notification-area-is/5f268b61-f18b-4918-bd15-e7c8fb38485d
  4. Problem with "AutoPlay" Notifications In Windows 10 device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with "AutoPlay" Notifications In Windows 10 device: Hello, I had some problem with autoplay notifications in my Windows 10 pc. I searched the internet and found below registry value change method.In this path, Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer, I changed the value of...
  5. Problem with "AutoPlay" Notifications In Windows 10 device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with "AutoPlay" Notifications In Windows 10 device: Hello, I had some problem with autoplay notifications in my Windows 10 pc. I searched the internet and found below registry value change method.In this path, Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer, I changed the value of...
  6. Problem with "AutoPlay" Notifications In Windows 10 device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with "AutoPlay" Notifications In Windows 10 device: Hello, I have some problem with autoplay notifications in my Windows 10 pc. I searched the internet and found below registry value change method.In this path, Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer, I changed the value of...
  7. Notification Area not showing up.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notification Area not showing up.: Hi! I'm having a problem with my windows 10, when I got this computer it wasn't a problem, but something happened and now the notification area has disappeared! It's especially annoying when I wanna quickly close out of something running in the background or wanna use it to...
  8. Notification Area

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Area: Hi, Having more icons showing in notification area bug are still there and will disrupt the layout of the notification area and show white scroll bars with arrows but in another way and this is random one and just blinking not standing. Any one else having this issue...
  9. Hide or Show Notification Area Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Notification Area Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Notification Area Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Notification Area Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10 The notification area is located at the right end of the taskbar, and it contains app icons that provide status and notifications...
  10. Hide or Show Windows Defender Notification Area Icon in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show Windows Defender Notification Area Icon in Windows 10: How to: Hide or Show Windows Security Notification Area Icon in Windows 10 How to Hide or Show Windows Security Notification Area Icon in Windows 10 The version 1703[/b] and later that makes it is easier for you to view and control the security protections you choose...