Windows 10: windows 10 shut down

Discus and support windows 10 shut down in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; windows 10 shuts down but computer will not turn off. Also, windows sucks up lots of memory when playing my FSX game. It stutters. 26025 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by johnk51, Oct 10, 2015.

1. johnk51 Win User

windows 10 shut down

windows 10 shuts down but computer will not turn off. Also, windows sucks up lots of memory when playing my FSX game. It stutters.

:)

johnk51, Oct 10, 2015

2. Unable to shutdown the PC installed with Windows 10

Old title: shut down problem with windows 10

I upgrade to windows 10, all seems to work fine including shut down, but suddenly I can't shut down. When I try to click on the windows symbol in the left bottom corner , nothing happens. I can only shut down by switching the lab top off.

Walter 475, Oct 10, 2015
  3. windows 10 computerwill notshut down

have windows 10 on a laptop... When I went to shut down the computer. The shut down screen shows that it is just spinning. computer will not shut down

JoanWilkinsonZE, Oct 10, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

windows 10 shut down

Brink, Oct 11, 2015
  5. johnk51 Win User
    I'll try that when I get home from Maui. Then I have to figure out how to get my ms flight simulator X working properly when windows 10 sucks a lot of ram and cpu. I have 8gigs ram and fsx only uses 3.?. I think I should have stuck with win 7 pro 64. Hopefully I get it figured out.

johnk51, Oct 13, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Ok. Please let us know how it went. *Smile

Brink, Oct 13, 2015
  7. johnk51 Win User
    Well turning off fast start did the trick. But it had been working. Must have been one of the updates. I also have turn off display set to 20 mins and turn off HDs set for 45 mins. But they don't. It worked in win 7. And I'm still trying to figure out why I get stutters in my flight simulator X. I look at the task manager, and fsx will be using 40%-60% (which is normal), but the total is like 95%+. And the memory column will get up to 90%+. I have 8gigs ram and windows handling the VM. Everything was working in win7, but some of the planes I use I can't cause I'm getting stutters constantly or fsx will freeze. I do have some planes that only get the stutter once in a while, but I can fly them with no problem. Then when I close fsx, it shuts down but it's still in memory and I have to use task manager to completely shut it down. I hope in time that these can be fixed. Some people have no problem and others have worse problems than me.

johnk51, Oct 21, 2015
  8. Akane Win User

windows 10 shut down

I have the same problem, And I also disable fast shutdown but still notworking *Sad

My problem is when I press shut down It will not completely shutdown

windows 10 shut down [​IMG]

Akane, Oct 21, 2015
  9. Ztruker Win User
    I have the same problem with my Lenovo K450. Some times it won't completely turn off and the power button light stays on.
    Sometimes it does turn off all the way. I have not been able to isolate this to any particular process or service.
    I thought turning off Fast Startup fixed it but after one or two successes it still doesn't work every time.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 shut down

1. windows 10 shut down - Similar Threads - shut down

2. Sudden shut down, Blue screen problem on Lenovo ideapad U460

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden shut down, Blue screen problem on Lenovo ideapad U460: Hello, I'm having a huge problem in my laptop Lenovo ideapad U460. When I start my device and log in to facebook through chrome then the laptop going crashed and then I shut it down by clicking power button. Sometimes it shows some blue screen error like IRQL NOT LESS OR...
  3. Sudden shut down, Blue screen problem on Lenovo ideapad U460

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden shut down, Blue screen problem on Lenovo ideapad U460: Hello, I'm having a huge problem in my laptop Lenovo ideapad U460. When I start my device and log in to facebook through chrome then the laptop going crashed and then I shut it down by clicking power button. Sometimes it shows some blue screen error like IRQL NOT LESS OR...
  4. Sudden shut down, Blue screen problem on Lenovo ideapad U460

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer Keeps shutting down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Keeps shutting down unexpectedly: I am continuously having my PC shut down when using it. Sometimes it happens when playing games, other times it happens when the computer is sitting idle. It happens at least once per day, but after the computer shuts down it seems fine for the rest of the day. Here is the...
  6. Computer Keeps shutting down unexpectedly

Computer Keeps shutting down unexpectedly: I am continuously having my PC shut down when using it. Sometimes it happens when playing games, other times it happens when the computer is sitting idle. It happens at least once per day, but after the computer shuts down it seems fine for the rest of the day. Here is the...
  7. So my laptop shuts down after playing specific game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So my laptop shuts down after playing specific game: So my laptop shuts down after playing specific game. I have a Gigabyte Aorus 15P i7-11800H, RTX 3070, 16gb ram. It doesn't shut down mid game but rather after exiting the game while steam is trying to sync. It used to happen with Bioshock 1 and 2 and I just powered through...
  8. So my laptop shuts down after playing specific game

So my laptop shuts down after playing specific game: So my laptop shuts down after playing specific game. I have a Gigabyte Aorus 15P i7-11800H, RTX 3070, 16gb ram. It doesn't shut down mid game but rather after exiting the game while steam is trying to sync. It used to happen with Bioshock 1 and 2 and I just powered through...
  9. How do I shut down my computer? I upgraded to Windows 11 and my settings button is gone,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I shut down my computer? I upgraded to Windows 11 and my settings button is gone,...: I have upgraded from Windows 10 to 11 - my settings button and my shut down buttons, together with my apps, have disappeared. How do I get them back?...
  10. How do I shut down my computer? I upgraded to Windows 11 and my settings button is gone,...

How do I shut down my computer? I upgraded to Windows 11 and my settings button is gone,...: I have upgraded from Windows 10 to 11 - my settings button and my shut down buttons, together with my apps, have disappeared. How do I get them back?...