Windows 10: Windows 10 Shut down

Discus and support Windows 10 Shut down in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I go to turn my lap top off I go the icon at the bottom left hand corner and it should go to power options, when I would press 'shut down'. What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tony Baloney, May 6, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Shut down

When I go to turn my lap top off I go the icon at the bottom left hand corner and it should go to power options, when I would press 'shut down'. What is happening is a blue box comes up in the middle of the screen stating 'critical Error', will be sorted when laptop is shut down. This has been going on for the last the days and has not fixed itself. Also, since this has been happening I am unable to download any pdf files, which has not been a problem until now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

T.B.

:)

Tony Baloney, May 6, 2016

2. Unable to shutdown the PC installed with Windows 10

Old title: shut down problem with windows 10

I upgrade to windows 10, all seems to work fine including shut down, but suddenly I can't shut down. When I try to click on the windows symbol in the left bottom corner , nothing happens. I can only shut down by switching the lab top off.

Walter 475, May 6, 2016
  3. windows 10 computerwill notshut down

have windows 10 on a laptop... When I went to shut down the computer. The shut down screen shows that it is just spinning. computer will not shut down

JoanWilkinsonZE, May 6, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Windows 10 Shut down

Hi Tony Baloney and welcome to Tenforums.

Have you tried turning off Fast Startup?

simrick, May 6, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Shut down

1. Windows 10 Shut down - Similar Threads - Shut down

2. Welcome screen and shut down glitch.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Welcome screen and shut down glitch.: So what happened is that It's stuck on the welcome screen while I was trying to login. i tried clicking shutdown after long enough but then it got stuck on shut down. I was forced to unplug the plug to the computer a few times which I think made it worse. I tried restarting...
  3. Welcome screen and shut down glitch.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Welcome screen and shut down glitch.: So what happened is that It's stuck on the welcome screen while I was trying to login. i tried clicking shutdown after long enough but then it got stuck on shut down. I was forced to unplug the plug to the computer a few times which I think made it worse. I tried restarting...
  4. Shut down Unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shut down Unexpectedly: Computer has been freezing and then shutting down randomly not sure what is causing it Problem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 133Parameter 1: 1Parameter 2: 1e00Parameter 3: fffff802420fb320Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_19045Service Pack: 0_0Product: 256_1OS...
  5. Shut down Unexpectedly

Shut down Unexpectedly: Computer has been freezing and then shutting down randomly not sure what is causing it Problem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 133Parameter 1: 1Parameter 2: 1e00Parameter 3: fffff802420fb320Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_19045Service Pack: 0_0Product: 256_1OS...
  6. Shut down Unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. constant BSOD and spontaneous shut downs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    constant BSOD and spontaneous shut downs: BSOD's have all different messages. Obviously, shutdowns have no message. Sometimes it stays running for half an hour, sometimes it makes it 12 hours. I've looked around these forums trying to figure out what to do and it seems like the answer is always to post a link to the...
  8. constant BSOD and spontaneous shut downs

constant BSOD and spontaneous shut downs: BSOD's have all different messages. Obviously, shutdowns have no message. Sometimes it stays running for half an hour, sometimes it makes it 12 hours. I've looked around these forums trying to figure out what to do and it seems like the answer is always to post a link to the...
  9. PC shutting down randomly. Event viewer Kernal Power 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shutting down randomly. Event viewer Kernal Power 41: I have a EVGA GeForce RTX 3070. The PC shutdowns when I play small application games like Minecraft, battle bit, Roblox, indie games etc. etc. but when I play big games like call of duty, battlefield, triple AAA games the shutdown won't happen. thermal paste on the AIO cooler...
  10. PC shutting down randomly. Event viewer Kernal Power 41

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC shutting down randomly. Event viewer Kernal Power 41: I have a EVGA GeForce RTX 3070. The PC shutdowns when I play small application games like Minecraft, battle bit, Roblox, indie games etc. etc. but when I play big games like call of duty, battlefield, triple AAA games the shutdown won't happen. thermal paste on the AIO cooler...