Windows 10: Windows 10 Shut down

Discus and support Windows 10 Shut down in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I go to turn my lap top off I go the icon at the bottom left hand corner and it should go to power options, when I would press 'shut down'. What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tony Baloney, May 6, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Shut down

When I go to turn my lap top off I go the icon at the bottom left hand corner and it should go to power options, when I would press 'shut down'. What is happening is a blue box comes up in the middle of the screen stating 'critical Error', will be sorted when laptop is shut down. This has been going on for the last the days and has not fixed itself. Also, since this has been happening I am unable to download any pdf files, which has not been a problem until now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

T.B.

:)

Tony Baloney, May 6, 2016

2. Unable to shutdown the PC installed with Windows 10

Old title: shut down problem with windows 10

I upgrade to windows 10, all seems to work fine including shut down, but suddenly I can't shut down. When I try to click on the windows symbol in the left bottom corner , nothing happens. I can only shut down by switching the lab top off.

Walter 475, May 6, 2016
  3. windows 10 computerwill notshut down

have windows 10 on a laptop... When I went to shut down the computer. The shut down screen shows that it is just spinning. computer will not shut down

JoanWilkinsonZE, May 6, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Windows 10 Shut down

Hi Tony Baloney and welcome to Tenforums.

Have you tried turning off Fast Startup?

simrick, May 6, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Shut down

1. Windows 10 Shut down - Similar Threads - Shut down

2. Laptop shuts down completely instead of going into sleep mode after latest update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down completely instead of going into sleep mode after latest update: I installed the latest Windows 10 update two days ago. Ever since then, every time I set my computer to sleep, it shuts down completely. This has happened once before about six months ago. The support staff restored my computer to the pre-update version. Would someone be able...
  3. Applications will not open and shut down doesn't work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications will not open and shut down doesn't work: After the Windows 10 computer is running a while nothing happens when I try to open a program. Nothing happens when I click the shut down icon (have to hold the power button). Another symptom is opening a new tab does not show anything. However opening from the same tab...
  4. PC shuts down instead of sleeps when I use Fn F1 to put it to sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC shuts down instead of sleeps when I use Fn F1 to put it to sleep.: This didn't used to happen, but now when I manually put my computer to sleep via the Fn F1 key, when I come back to wake it up and use it, I find it's turned off instead of asleep....
  5. Operating System Did Not Shut Down Cleanly - Reconstructing Cache Metadata

Operating System Did Not Shut Down Cleanly - Reconstructing Cache Metadata: I have a PC that is displaying "The Operating System Did Not Shut Down Cleanly - Reconstructing Cache Metadata" upon initial startup. Recovery options have failed and automatic Repair does not work. When I try to boot into safe mode, the computer restarts and then displays a...
  6. how to shut down a prog. that will not shut down.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to shut down a prog. that will not shut down.: the game will not shut down . it keeps running, it will not uninstall because it is running. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-shut-down-a-prog-that-will-not-shut-down/dd492b73-69a0-426f-b090-adf83a9cda2b"
  7. Windows 10 Won’t Shut Down? Here’s How to Fix It!

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows 10 Won’t Shut Down? Here’s How to Fix It!: Last Updated on May 21, 2019In this guide we’ll talk about not being able to shut down your Windows 10 computer. Windows 10 Shutdown Issues Windows Update Fast startup Windows System Files Unwanted running applications since startup Other issues that need recovery The taskbar...
  8. Windows 10 randomly shows shutting down screen and shuts down.

Windows 10 randomly shows shutting down screen and shuts down.: I'm facing this problem for 3 days now, the laptop just shutdown at any interval, it may be after long time or just after I turned on the computer, yes I've seen there is no overheating, my Temps don't go above 70. Thankyou,...
  9. Windows computer shuts down instead of Sleep

in Windows 10 News
    Windows computer shuts down instead of Sleep: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 is an operating system that is packed with a ton of features. Many of the features are related to turning off computers in different states so that power can be saved at different levels. It lists out as [...] This post Windows computer shuts down...
  10. My HP Spectre laptop shuts down when I unplug the power adapter? Never did this before?...

My HP Spectre laptop shuts down when I unplug the power adapter? Never did this before?...: My HP shuts down when I unplug my power adapter. Battery shows fully charged but it doesn't work when I unplug the adapter.This just started happening the other day?...