Windows 10: Windows 10 Shutdown Issue - Fans still running

Discus and support Windows 10 Shutdown Issue - Fans still running in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a 10 year old HP Desktop that was already running Windows 10 on a standard HDD thanks to the free upgrade from Windows 7 that I took advantage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Karl_796, Feb 26, 2024.

1. Karl_796 Win User

Windows 10 Shutdown Issue - Fans still running

I have a 10 year old HP Desktop that was already running Windows 10 on a standard HDD thanks to the free upgrade from Windows 7 that I took advantage of a few years ago. I purchased a SATA SSD to help improve the performance of the system, and did a clean install on the SSD using a USB and the Media Creation Tool on the Microsoft site. After the system boots up after the fresh install on the SSD I noticed that the Desktop does not shut down entirely when I click on Start > Power > Shutdown. The monitor goes off, but all of my fans are still running and the Desktop is still powered up.

:)

Karl_796, Feb 26, 2024
  2. little cat, Feb 26, 2024
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Fan keeps running after upgrade to Windows 10

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Install all pending Windows and driver updates in your PC. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Please refer to the following Wiki article created by Andre Da Costa
    on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

Redirecting

I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the steps suggested.

Redirecting

Do let us know if fan still keeps running. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 26, 2024
  4. Windows 10 Shutdown Issue - Fans still running

Windows 10 shutdown power still light and fan still working

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the laptop will not shutdown completely. We will help you.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps you.

• Remove all the externally connected devices and cables including the battery.
    • Hold the power button for about a minute and release the power button.
    • Connect only the power cable and power on the PC.
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 26, 2024
Thema:

Windows 10 Shutdown Issue - Fans still running

1. Windows 10 Shutdown Issue - Fans still running - Similar Threads - Shutdown Issue Fans

2. Windows 10 Shutdown Issue - Fans still running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Shutdown Issue - Fans still running: I have a 10 year old HP Desktop that was already running Windows 10 on a standard HDD thanks to the free upgrade from Windows 7 that I took advantage of a few years ago. I purchased a SATA SSD to help improve the performance of the system, and did a clean install on the SSD...
  3. Windows 10 Shutdown Issue - Fans still running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Shutdown Issue - Fans still running: I have a 10 year old HP Desktop that was already running Windows 10 on a standard HDD thanks to the free upgrade from Windows 7 that I took advantage of a few years ago. I purchased a SATA SSD to help improve the performance of the system, and did a clean install on the SSD...
  4. My fans and lights keep running after shutdown.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My fans and lights keep running after shutdown.: I recently updated to windows 11 and then started experiencing shutdown problems. Fans and lights stay running. I have turned off fast startup, the pci express setting in power, checked drivers and believe all are up to date and done a system scan in command prompt with no...
  5. PC still running after shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    PC still running after shutdown: Good day My windows version number is 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1110) Occasionally on shutdown my pc is still running with lights and power still going. My monitor switches off properly. I did read that fast boot does sometimes cause these issues but since this is an intermittent...
  6. fan still running after hibernate

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    fan still running after hibernate: Issue: It does NOT automatically power-off the laptop and fan still running after hibernate. Note: this happens almost 4out-of5 of times that I hibernate. It means almost 1out-of5 of times, it automatically power-off after hibernate. Steps: 1. I click on hibernate, it saves...
  7. Programs still running after shutdown

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs still running after shutdown: Hi i bought a new Laptop :(Acer Nitro 5) and when i shut down it from the start menu and open it again after some time I find the same pograms still running I tried this solution: Open start, type: CMD Right click CMD Click Run as administrator At the command...
  8. Unable to shutdown fully? The fan keeps running 2

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to shutdown fully? The fan keeps running 2: Hello ! My Issue like this :Unable to shutdown fully? The fan keeps running - Page 4 - Solved - Windows 10 Forums in this he say solved problem be reformated and change the disk style ! and that was very Strange. no problem but I'll say my exactly my problem My...
  9. Fan still running even no reason

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fan still running even no reason: Hello, I have All in One PC Acer Z3-710 with i5 on Win 10 (Anniversary). Unpacked a week ago so no dust inside etc. Current temperatures all in normal CPU 45-50°C GPU 40°C HDD 36°C Also HW usage in normal CPU 2-5% HDD 0-10% RAM 60% Can anyone explain to me why...
  10. [SOLVED] Unable to shutdown fully? The fan keeps running

in Windows 10 Support
    [SOLVED] Unable to shutdown fully? The fan keeps running: Hello everyone im having an issue right now that my computer won't shutdown the leds and fan still keep running after the screen has turned black. I need to hold the power button in order to shutdown my computer. I recently installed an SDD and since then im having the...