Windows 10: Windows 10 Shutting down, Doesn't fully Shutdown Computrer

Discus and support Windows 10 Shutting down, Doesn't fully Shutdown Computrer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have 7 or 8 computers around the house, most dual boot Windows 10 pro x64 and Linux. When you shutdown a Windows machine and start a Linux machine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by buzzbored, Sep 16, 2015.

1. buzzbored Win User

Windows 10 Shutting down, Doesn't fully Shutdown Computrer

I have 7 or 8 computers around the house, most dual boot Windows 10 pro x64 and Linux. When you shutdown a Windows machine and start a Linux machine there are errors and Linux won't boot (The HDD's weren't shutdown properly ~ the OS's have there own SSD's && share a data drive, this is the drive that registers the error). You have to boot windows and shutdown from a cmd 'shutdown.exe /s /t 0' or similar. Is there a way to set windows to actually shutdown with the standard gui shutdown routine?

:)

buzzbored, Sep 16, 2015
  2. JoolzD Win User

Windows 10 "INVALID IP CONFIGURATION"

I've seen heaps of this over the last few days.

The solution is to RESTART the computer, not shut down. A Windows 10 shutdown isn't a full shut down but more of a deep sleep/hibernation. Restarting will fully shut down the computer and restart and the problem should be fixed..

JoolzD, Sep 16, 2015
  3. my computer won't shut down properly.

Windows 10 - my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power
    button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions? Thanks In Advance.

RaihanMahmudBD, Sep 16, 2015
  4. Word Man Win User

Word Man, Sep 16, 2015
  5. buzzbored Win User
    Thank You, Word Man. I don't use windows much anymore and this was driving my daughter and I nuts. Fastboot it was. Does that 'cache' a session like hibernation, leave an on bit in the file system?

buzzbored, Sep 16, 2015
  6. Word Man Win User
    Something to that effect - don't have a fully technical grasp of it. But, it's a common enough problem that I've seen it have plenty enough negative effects even beyond what you've experienced. I don't trust it at all for my wife's spinner disk laptop or my SSD laptop and cleared that right off the bat after installing Win 10.

Word Man, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Shutting down, Doesn't fully Shutdown Computrer - Similar Threads - Shutting down Doesn't

2. PC doesn't fully shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC doesn't fully shut down: Starting recently, when I shut off my pc it doesn't seem to fully turn off. The monitor shuts off and the computer looks to be shut down no lights on or anything, but when I boot up my pc later and look in task manager, the up time says that the computer has been on the whole...
  3. PC doesn't fully shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC doesn't fully shut down: Starting recently, when I shut off my pc it doesn't seem to fully turn off. The monitor shuts off and the computer looks to be shut down no lights on or anything, but when I boot up my pc later and look in task manager, the up time says that the computer has been on the whole...
  4. PC doesn't fully shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 doesn't shut down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 doesn't shut down: After pressing the "shut down" button (I've tried both physical and the virtual) the system continues running like nothing ever happened. I've tried manually killing all processes, the problem persists. Only cutting the power from the PC shuts it down. Shutting down on a...
  6. PC not fully shutting down

PC not fully shutting down: When I shut down my computer, my monitor loses signal but my pc stays on and doesn't fully shut down. This forces me to shut it down using the power button on the case, which I don't like doing cause I've heard it can cause harm. I have tried updating my graphics card...
  7. Shutting Down Doesn’t Fully Shut Down Windows 10 (But Restarting Does)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shutting Down Doesn’t Fully Shut Down Windows 10 (But Restarting Does): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/martin_m_n_novy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iwclnn/shutting_down_doesnt_fully_shut_down_windows_10/
  8. windows 10 shuts down fully unexpectitly

windows 10 shuts down fully unexpectitly: my pc randomly shuts down I have all settings correct form earlier help still doing this full shut down. windows 10 1909 all updates. on the preview channel. hp probook 6665b...
  9. Shutting Down Doesn’t Fully Shut Down Windows 10 (But Restarting Does)

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutting Down Doesn’t Fully Shut Down Windows 10 (But Restarting Does): Ok so I'll try to clarify as much as I can. When I ''Shut down'' either I'm holding ''Shift'' or not. It signs out but I can Still hear fan and Power Led is on, even after couple of hours... it can goup to 12... For Shutting it down Completely, I have to hold Power Button...
  10. pc not fully shutting down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pc not fully shutting down: i recently built my new computer but everytime i shut down the gpu and fans and monitor doesnt shut down, only windows. when i try to restart to download drivers (i had to download them on an existing computer) when it starts to turn back on its just a black screen so i have...