Windows 10: Windows 10 Skype Video Lag When "Tabbed Out"

Discus and support Windows 10 Skype Video Lag When "Tabbed Out" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I downloaded the universal Skype application. I did not download the one from the appstore because I can't customize the size of the window as freely.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Witchie, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Witchie Win User

Windows 10 Skype Video Lag When "Tabbed Out"

I downloaded the universal Skype application. I did not download the one from the appstore because I can't customize the size of the window as freely. I have two monitors and have recently upgraded to Windows 10. I am using the latest update of Skype (I believe it's 7.7). When I have a video call running, the video is smooth when I am on the Skype window. Since I have two monitors, I fullscreen the video chat on one monitor. Once I click out of Skype onto my other monitor, the video lags and is all stuttery even though it's still technically fullscreen on my other monitor. It doesn't lag when I click back into Skype. I don't want it to limit fps when I'm "tabbed out" because I still want to be able to see it. It didn't used to do this. Nothing else lags. The mini window does not lag. What do I do?

:)

Witchie, Aug 14, 2015
  2. Ahvic_SS Win User

Windows 10 lags and hangs

Hi i just want to find out if anyone else is having the same problem as me. After i upgraded to Windows 10 it was running fine for about 30mins and while i was watching a video i plugged in my phone to transfer some video into my phone. and after just
    a min the window starts to lag my video till it freezes and only play once every 5-10 secs for 1 sec and i cannot do anything else. i tried to open task manager and it took forever to open and i try to alt tab and it wont appear unless i repetitively alt tabbing.
    only then the bar will appear moving n stopping"lagging" and even i "laggingly" select task manager it took about 5 mins to start blinking the window for another 5 mins or so till it completely appears. and then when i click on the performance tab it lags
    and blink again for another 5-10mins or so then i that i have a core thats hitting 99%. so i had no choice but to force restart my comp and then to lag again. so i had no choice but to revert back to my windows 7.

Ahvic_SS, Aug 14, 2015
  3. vilu85 Win User
    " Waiting for approval " until when !????

It means that it's waiting for approval from your operator and it has nothing to do with Nokia.

You could call your operator and ask about this approval, someone in technical service may know that how long it takes to approve the newest firmware. (For some reason, every operator has to approve the firmware updates and only after that their clients
    can do the update)

vilu85, Aug 14, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Skype Video Lag When "Tabbed Out"

1. Windows 10 Skype Video Lag When "Tabbed Out" - Similar Threads - Skype Video Lag

2. Skype Video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Skype Video: Hello I Was Trying To Skype My Friend And I Can See Him But He Couldn't See Me .When I Checked Settings It's Says No Video Found .How Can I Fix That ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-video/5bbce94f-7ae8-4c12-8bdf-397c6f3d6632
  3. Skype Video

in Windows 10 Customization
    Skype Video: Hello I Was Trying To Skype My Friend And I Can See Him But He Couldn't See Me .When I Checked Settings It's Says No Video Found .How Can I Fix That ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/skype-video/5bbce94f-7ae8-4c12-8bdf-397c6f3d6632
  4. Windows 10: Lags when not playing a video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: Lags when not playing a video: So ever since I’ve updated to windows 10 I have a very weird bug.Sometimes games i have noticed this in dota2 and csgo will start to horrendously lag, my fps counter will still state something upwards of 30-60 and fluctuate heavily though it is usually higher and somewhat...
  5. Windows 10: Lags when not playing a video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10: Lags when not playing a video: So ever since I’ve updated to windows 10 I have a very weird bug.Sometimes games i have noticed this in dota2 and csgo will start to horrendously lag, my fps counter will still state something upwards of 30-60 and fluctuate heavily though it is usually higher and somewhat...
  6. Windows 10: Lags when not playing a video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10 skype video lagging in another screen while gaming.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 skype video lagging in another screen while gaming.: Version: Windows 10 Pro Version: 1809 Last installed: 15.09:2018 OS version: 17763.316 My PC spec: ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB SC Intel Core i7-9700K Prosessor M.2 SSD 1 TB I have two monitor: 1 - Predator 27" 144 hz 1 - Benq 24" 60 HZ Skype...
  8. Skype video lags behind audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Skype video lags behind audio: Recently (in the past couple of weeks), Skype's video has started lagging behind the audio. Sometimes, it will initially be fine, but then a lag will accumulate of up to 3-5(!) seconds. Other times, the offset is there from the beginning. For a while, it was happening with...
  9. Google Chrome--Video Lag When I Change Tabs

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome--Video Lag When I Change Tabs: Just got a new gaming PC. Lately, whenever I'd watch videos on YouTube or other places, the video would be off-sync by like a second or so if I changed tabs and had the video running in the background. The problem corrects itself when I refresh that tab. I'm not sure if this...
  10. Audio and Video freezing, lagging and cutting out (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Audio and Video freezing, lagging and cutting out (Windows 10): Hi, I know that there have been alot of posts about this issue, but I have tried everything. When I stream hd videos on (youtube, netflix or play any video games) my audio and sometimes video freeeze for 5 sec, and it happens around every 10 seconds, in addition sometimes the...