Windows 10: Windows 10 Sleep causing restart

Discus and support Windows 10 Sleep causing restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This was working up until this week. Now when I put my desktop into Sleep, it restarts and in the Event Viewer I see this "The system has rebooted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DarkBee, Mar 17, 2016.

1. DarkBee Win User

Windows 10 Sleep causing restart

This was working up until this week.
    Now when I put my desktop into Sleep, it restarts and in the Event Viewer I see this "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

I tried powercfg -h /off and /on
    I used the windows memory tester and it was fine

For some reason when I try to sleep my desktop it thinks the power was cut and just restarts.

It does not BSOD since I do not see it happening the C:\Windows\Memory.dmp is old.

Fast Startup is turned off

Any one have any other ideas to fix it.

:)

DarkBee, Mar 17, 2016

2. Computer Randomly Restarts

So around a week ago I got this new computer and it has Windows 10 on it. When I am away from the computer for around a half an hour it randomly restarts though twice it would just freeze in sleep mode. However a couple of days ago I made sure that it
    can't sleep or automatically restart for any reason yet it still restarts randomly while I'm away does anyone have any idea if this is caused by windows 10 or something else?

Brian-Dougherty, Mar 17, 2016
  3. External hard drives do not reconnect after Windows 10 laptop comes out of sleep mode

I have 2 4TB WD external hard drives connected to a Windows 10 laptop. My Ext HDs are recognized upon initial boot-up or refresh, but once the computer goes to sleep mode and then comes out of it, the drives are not seen until I restart or re-boot
    my laptop. This causes havoc with my scheduled backups since it can't find the devices where the backups are to be written.

Are there any settings in Windows 10 that I could apply to make the system recognize my Ext HDs after sleep mode???

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Sleep and Power on/off

ASMarshall3, Mar 17, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Sleep causing restart

1. Windows 10 Sleep causing restart - Similar Threads - Sleep causing restart

2. Restarts causing loss of all my datas on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restarts causing loss of all my datas on windows 10: I have windows 10 that everytime the computer restarts, I lost all my data in my files like download , document, music, video, photos. And the screen always starts with the Microsoft Edge . I have tried to do a Restore but did not solve the problem, what is wrong with my...
  3. PC crash causing restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crash causing restart: Hey, so I was playing Battlefield V last night, and twice the game crashed to desktop with no error, so I booted the game back up and continued played, until my Pc just locked up, screen went black and Pc restarted, I have ran a memtest86 overnight (10+ passes) and that...
  4. Windows 10 restarts when I ask it to sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 restarts when I ask it to sleep: This causes loss of data. I see thousands of similar questions around the net, but after searching, I did not come up with a definite solution, tho I tried many. This is an old problem.. Some dates go back to 2015. Hasn't this been fixed yet? One clue is the last time it...
  5. Windows 10 update to 1809 has caused computer to NOT sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 update to 1809 has caused computer to NOT sleep.: Puzzled as to why my PC no longer sleeps. If I try to put it to sleep via the task bar sleep power button or the power configuration default timer... it starts the sleep... pauses a few seconds and then wakes up. This started somewhere between the1809 update going in and...
  6. Blackscreen during sleep / restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blackscreen during sleep / restart: Hi, This issue has been bugging me since May, where my computer would randomly black screen when sleeping the computer or restarting the com, which I have to force restart to get it to reboot with a dump file produced. Suspect it was OS at first but I reinstalled Windows...
  7. Windows 10: Laptop won't shutdown, restart or even sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10: Laptop won't shutdown, restart or even sleep: Hi Guys, Recently my laptop start to get real slow and i decided to by a Samsung EVO 850 250GB. I created an installation on a USB pen drive with the help of "Media Creation Tool" that can be found here Download Windows 10 and formatted the SSD disk and installed...
  8. Driver is causing Windows 10 Desktop to lose sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Driver is causing Windows 10 Desktop to lose sleep: I ran a powercfg request, and it said a driver is causing the computer to lose sleep. Can someone help me with this issue? 14931
  9. windows 10 tried to adjust sleep settings for restart problem

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 tried to adjust sleep settings for restart problem: hello my problem is I tried to adjust my sleep settings and unintentionally set power button from sleep mode to do nothing mode now pc will show it is turned on but all I get is a black screen so I can't correct that setting. I was originally trying to fix a restart problem...
  10. Restart required after sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Restart required after sleep: Once my computer goes to sleep, I have to do a restart to get any videos to play. On YouTube I get the "If playback doesn't begin shortly, try restarting your device." Unfortunately, I get this message for any video on any site after sleep. It's not limited to just Chrome. I...