Windows 10: Windows 10 Sleep causing restart

Discus and support Windows 10 Sleep causing restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This was working up until this week. Now when I put my desktop into Sleep, it restarts and in the Event Viewer I see this "The system has rebooted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DarkBee, Mar 17, 2016.

1. DarkBee Win User

Windows 10 Sleep causing restart

This was working up until this week.
    Now when I put my desktop into Sleep, it restarts and in the Event Viewer I see this "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

I tried powercfg -h /off and /on
    I used the windows memory tester and it was fine

For some reason when I try to sleep my desktop it thinks the power was cut and just restarts.

It does not BSOD since I do not see it happening the C:\Windows\Memory.dmp is old.

Fast Startup is turned off

Any one have any other ideas to fix it.

:)

DarkBee, Mar 17, 2016

2. Computer Randomly Restarts

So around a week ago I got this new computer and it has Windows 10 on it. When I am away from the computer for around a half an hour it randomly restarts though twice it would just freeze in sleep mode. However a couple of days ago I made sure that it
    can't sleep or automatically restart for any reason yet it still restarts randomly while I'm away does anyone have any idea if this is caused by windows 10 or something else?

Brian-Dougherty, Mar 17, 2016
  3. External hard drives do not reconnect after Windows 10 laptop comes out of sleep mode

I have 2 4TB WD external hard drives connected to a Windows 10 laptop. My Ext HDs are recognized upon initial boot-up or refresh, but once the computer goes to sleep mode and then comes out of it, the drives are not seen until I restart or re-boot
    my laptop. This causes havoc with my scheduled backups since it can't find the devices where the backups are to be written.

Are there any settings in Windows 10 that I could apply to make the system recognize my Ext HDs after sleep mode???

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Sleep and Power on/off

ASMarshall3, Mar 17, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Sleep causing restart

1. Windows 10 Sleep causing restart - Similar Threads - Sleep causing restart

2. Restarting Computer causes problems. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restarting Computer causes problems. Windows 10: This has started a couple of days ago out of the blue, I hooked my computer up to the charger a couple of nights ago and shut down the computer. When I turned it on the next morning it had reset some or all of my settings to default, Wallpapers, accent color, deleted my...
  3. Restarting Computer causes problems. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restarting Computer causes problems. Windows 10: This has started a couple of days ago out of the blue, I hooked my computer up to the charger a couple of nights ago and shut down the computer. When I turned it on the next morning it had reset some or all of my settings to default, Wallpapers, accent color, deleted my...
  4. Restarting Computer causes problems. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Putting PC to sleep causes restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Putting PC to sleep causes restart: Hi all, I've been running into an issue where choosing "Sleep" on my PC causes it to crash and restart. The three logs I keep getting in Event Viewer are:Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC00000D4.The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down...
  6. Putting PC to sleep causes restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Putting PC to sleep causes restart: Hi all, I've been running into an issue where choosing "Sleep" on my PC causes it to crash and restart. The three logs I keep getting in Event Viewer are:Windows failed to resume from hibernate with error status 0xC00000D4.The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down...
  7. Putting PC to sleep causes restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Windows 10 Restarts Instead of Sleeps

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Restarts Instead of Sleeps: Hi All, I recently built a new PC. I'm running a X570 Aorus Master latest bios with a Ryzen 5800X. I noticed after a clean install of Windows 10 Education the Sleep feature no longer works - instead my computer immediately reboots. A few things I've tried: -Disabling...
  9. Restart causes shutdown & shutdown causes restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restart causes shutdown & shutdown causes restart: Event log shows windows update causing a restart: The process C:\Windows\System32\usocoreworker.exe MILESTONE-JB has initiated the restart of computer MILESTONE-JB on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Operating System: Service pack Planned Reason...
  10. Windows 10 power down on Restarting or sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 power down on Restarting or sleep: Please help I have a laptop Lenovo with installed Windows 10 pro when pressing Restart or Sleep the device trying to make the command (Restart or sleep) but suddenly the device power is disconnect as if I pressed the power button for a while, I tried to fix this problem by...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 sleep cosing restart

2. windows 10 sleep causes restart

3. sleep causing reboot windows 10