Windows 10: Windows 10 Sleep problem, screen won't wake up and mouse unresponsive

Discus and support Windows 10 Sleep problem, screen won't wake up and mouse unresponsive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; While I am pretty certain this has been posted repeatedly, I'm honestly at my wit's end. Asus Essentio CG5750, i5, Logitech G500 mouse, LG screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by maxtell, Oct 24, 2016.

1. maxtell Win User

Windows 10 Sleep problem, screen won't wake up and mouse unresponsive

While I am pretty certain this has been posted repeatedly, I'm honestly at my wit's end. Asus Essentio CG5750, i5, Logitech G500 mouse, LG screen. System has run pretty much without any problems until I put it into sleep mode. I've tried hard reboot - no response to either screen or mouse. Keyboard functions just fine. I tried using my system repair disc and it won't even respond to that.

Does anyone have any ideas or is this going to be a matter of take it to a shop and hope for the best?

:)

maxtell, Oct 24, 2016

2. Windows 10 Sleep Mode-Won't Wake Up!!!

the screen on my windows 10 all-in-one desktop frequently goes to sleep and won't wake up when I attempt to do so using the keyboard or mouse. any resolution?

JerryBird1, Oct 24, 2016
  3. Cal Reed Win User
    after putting my desktop to sleep the mouse and keyboard are no longer active

For months I was able to put my computer to sleep and wake it up with a mouse movement. Now I have three icons over to the left when it wakes up and the mouse/keyboard are unresponsive. I have to shut the computer down and restart to boot up.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / Start Menu

Cal Reed, Oct 24, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

In Device Manager, check your mouse and keyboard and ensure the box to enable these to wake your PC is checked. Also check your BIOS is up to date.

Steve C, Oct 24, 2016
  5. maxtell Win User
    Thanks for the reply, Steve. The biggest problem is that I can't get the monitor or the mouse to wake up at all, so changing settings is moot point until I can get that issue resolved. Hard reset, shutting down power, etc, has no effect.

maxtell, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Sleep problem, screen won't wake up and mouse unresponsive - Similar Threads - Sleep problem screen

2. Windows 10 won't wake up with either mouse or keyboard if put to sleep intentionally

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 won't wake up with either mouse or keyboard if put to sleep intentionally: I have both the mouse and keyboard properties checked for "allow to wake up computer". When I put it to sleep intentionally, neither works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-wake-up-with-either-mouse-or/19fa9d20-9246-46ba-a544-ab7c1ce114ee
  3. Windows 10 won't wake up with either mouse or keyboard if put to sleep intentionally

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 won't wake up with either mouse or keyboard if put to sleep intentionally: I have both the mouse and keyboard properties checked for "allow to wake up computer". When I put it to sleep intentionally, neither works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wont-wake-up-with-either-mouse-or/19fa9d20-9246-46ba-a544-ab7c1ce114ee
  4. Windows 10 won't wake up with either mouse or keyboard if put to sleep intentionally

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 10 won't wake up via mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 won't wake up via mouse: For some reason, even though my Windows 10 settings to be able to wake up the laptop after it has gone to sleep, it never works. It will only wake up if I move the mouse a few seconds after it has gone to sleep. It is up to date, and no update has resolved this issue thus...
  6. Mouse won't wake up computer from sleep.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse won't wake up computer from sleep.: When my computer goes to sleep, power light is blinking on the computer so perhaps it's deep sleep, moving the USB attached mouse does not wake it up. Allow mouse to wake is enabled: [img] This used to work, even with 2004 but somewhere with one of their updates it...
  7. Mouse won't wake up computer from sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse won't wake up computer from sleep.: When my computer goes to sleep, power light is blinking on the computer so perhaps it's deep sleep, moving the USB attached mouse does not wake it up. Allow mouse to wake is enabled: [img] This used to work, even with 2004 but somewhere with one of their updates it...
  8. Windows 10 won't wake up from sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 won't wake up from sleep.: For the past few weeks my laptop won't wake up from sleep. When I try to wake it the power light turns on red and stays red (usually it only shows red for a few seconds when waking from sleep or during POST then turns blue when windows takes over) and the screen stays dark....
  9. Mouse is unresponsive for few minutes on Startup or Wake from Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse is unresponsive for few minutes on Startup or Wake from Sleep: I have a desktop PC with Core i3 and 4GB RAM. I have Logitech G400 mouse. Recently it has started acting extremely odd on startup or when the pc is woken up from sleep. The mouse will not respond for a period of 30 seconds to 5 minutes each time. The optical red sensor is...
  10. Problem waking up from sleep in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem waking up from sleep in Windows 10: Hi, I've never had a problem before,but since upgrading to Windows 10,whenever my computer is asleep and i go to wake it up,u can hear it start up and then the computer immediately shuts down.....Very frustrating! Any ideas what could be causing this? 43212

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 sleep wake up unresponsive screen

2. win10 lockscreen wakeup problems