Windows 10: Windows 10 sleep problems

Discus and support Windows 10 sleep problems in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I used to be able to put the PC to sleep using powershell using "c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll SetSuspendState 0,1,0" But since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rac8006, Mar 3, 2016.

1. rac8006 Win User

Windows 10 sleep problems

I used to be able to put the PC to sleep using powershell using "c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll SetSuspendState 0,1,0" But since upgrading to windows 10. If put to sleep using this method. The PC will not wake up to run scheduled tasks. I did find that if you use the start menu/power/sleep to put the PC to sleep it will wake up. So I wrote code to simulate this. It worked for a few days. Now it is not working. If I check the position of the cursor. It is where the sleep would have been. But it didn't sleep.

It is difficult to record TV programs when the system won't wake up or go to sleep when it is done.

thanks
    RAC

:)

rac8006, Mar 3, 2016

2. problems with windows 10 and google chrome

since loading windows 10 i have seen a number of frustrating issues when using google chrome which i have never had before. The most frustrating of these (i have a touch screen laptop) is if i drag the cursor over the screen it resizes either larger or
    smaller which is not what i want. Not a techie so whilst i have tried to fix it looking at other issues i have still not been successful - any ideas how i can fix this please?

windows 10 problems, Mar 3, 2016
  3. Computer shows blue screen and tells me that atikmdag.sys failed.

Windows 10 stops my computer and then gives me a blue screen. tells me that my atikmdag.sys failed. Have tried MS help but still have this problem. Any suggestion besides throwing away this computer?

Brenda( ) Windows 10 problems, Mar 3, 2016
  4. rac8006 Win User

Put some delays between the click and problem solved. It not goes to sleep again. But "c:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe powrprof.dll SetSuspendState 0,1,0" still does not work.

RAC

rac8006, Mar 6, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 sleep problems - Similar Threads - sleep problems

2. Screen sleep problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen sleep problem: Hi I have my screen go to sleep after 10 minutes & as usual it's just a case of tapping the keyboard or moving the mouse to wake it up. However, sometimes when I watch a video the screen will go to sleep but will not come back on regardless of what I do. The PC is still...
  3. Login from sleep problem.

in Windows 10 Support
    Login from sleep problem.: I have been having a problem login back in from sleep mode on my Acer laptop. Sometimes when I try to log back into Windows when my laptop is in sleep mode I get a 0x80280100 error message. When I get this error I have to either use my password or restart my laptop. I have...
  4. KB4503286 causing odd problems with Lenovo Yoga connected to CalDigit Dock - sleep or power...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4503286 causing odd problems with Lenovo Yoga connected to CalDigit Dock - sleep or power...: I have a Lenovo Yoga 920 connected via thunderbolt to a CalDigit dock. Normally, I start the PC with lid open in order to start "Thunderbolt* Software". I typically have to start the program, then right click in the system tray and "Manage approved devices" in order for the...
  5. Windows 10 pro 1903 - deep sleep monitor wake problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 pro 1903 - deep sleep monitor wake problem: Hello, After the windows 10 pro 1903 update in May I am having issues when my dell e7250 system goes to deep sleep. System: E7250 Intel HD Graphics 5500 Docking Station Dell 2405FPW I have an external monitor connected to the system through a dell docking station....
  6. Problems reconnecting Ethernet after waking from PC sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems reconnecting Ethernet after waking from PC sleep: In mid-March, I bought a new custom-built desktop computer running Windows 10 that includes a motherboard with a RealTek PCIe GBE family network controller, which worked perfectly until several days ago. A couple of weeks back, I subscribed to Adobe Creative Cloud and...
  7. Windows Sleep Problems

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Sleep Problems: I have a new system and its sleep function has been working just fine until recently. I purchased a Razer Naga Trinity and I cannot get the computer to sleep without disabling my keyboard. And the mouse is being considered a keyboard by windows. Is it because of the...
  8. Problem with sleep and hibernation

Problem with sleep and hibernation: This problem seems to have suddenly come out of nowhere. I've done Malware scans and they've turned up nothing and I have looked all over the internet to find an answer and have gotten nowhere. When I try to put my computer to sleep , not a few seconds after my moniters turn...
  9. Scaling problems after monitor sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scaling problems after monitor sleep: Hi, I've searched many forums and can't find a resolution or even a similar issue. I recently went to a fresh install of Windows 10 and noticed shortly after that after the monitor wakes from sleep, there's a good chance that the scaling on my notification/action center will...
  10. Sleep problem

Sleep problem: Hi, i have a problem with my laptop which is turning asleep every 7 or 5 minutes what should i do to stop it turning asleep? this problem is not from factory, maybe someone messed with it, so please what is the solution ? (it stills doing it now)...