Windows 10: Windows 10 Slideshow not Pausing on Battery

Discus and support Windows 10 Slideshow not Pausing on Battery in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have read other people having issues with the background slideshow feature, but I think that mine is unique. I have the display background set up to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sean Hamill_226, Aug 23, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Slideshow not Pausing on Battery

I have read other people having issues with the background slideshow feature, but I think that mine is unique. I have the display background set up to pull from a folder of pictures and to change every day, with the allow slideshow on battery power button turned off, and the advanced power settings under the control panel has a "desktop background settings" feature where you can specify whether you want the slide show to be available or paused on battery, and I have it set to paused for on battery as well. Yet on battery my background changes every hour or so at random. Wondering if this is just a glitch in Windows or what, I know the easy solution is to just have a solid background and not a slideshow but if they put the feature in there it is disappointing that it doesn't work properly. Anyone encounter similar issues or have a fix?

:)

Sean Hamill_226, Aug 23, 2018
  2. Viren Win User

Where is Battery Power Pause Option on Slideshow?

Now that I've upgraded to Windows 10, I can no longer manage my slideshows for my desktop.

In Win 7 and Win 8, I could manage whether or not to shuffle my slideshow and whether to pause the slideshow when on battery power. You can see that screen by looking at my tablet, which is still Win 8.1:

Windows 10 Slideshow not Pausing on Battery [​IMG]

Now both options are missing. I found a forum thread on how to fix the shuffle using regedit, but I have found no way to manage the pausing of the slideshow while on battery power. It is currently stuck on pause. How do I get it unstuck?

This only happens when I am on battery power, not when I have my laptop plugged in. When my laptop is plugged in, the slideshow proceeds like it should.

(I really hope they add both those options back to the options screen on the slideshow...)

Thanks!

Viren, Aug 24, 2018
  3. Where is Battery Power Pause Option on Slideshow?

Windows 10 Slideshow not Pausing on Battery [​IMG]

Is this the option you were looking for?
    Let me know i you need help getting here.

joeypent69, Aug 24, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Slideshow not Pausing on Battery

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Slideshow not Pausing on Battery

1. Windows 10 Slideshow not Pausing on Battery - Similar Threads - Slideshow Pausing Battery

2. Possible to pause slideshow background when fullscreen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible to pause slideshow background when fullscreen?: My games keep stuttering hard whenever my background changes because I have a slideshow as a background. Is there a way to set it to not change when I am there is an application running in fullscreen? submitted by /u/Ex7reMeFx [link] [comments]...
  3. Windows 10 Slideshow

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Slideshow: I have slideshow running in shuffle mode. While it is running, many pictures are zoomed in as they are displayed. At other times, it will display multiple photos at the same time as a split screen ( 4 to 6 photos at the same time). I would like to only display photos 1 at a...
  4. Windows 10 Slideshow

Windows 10 Slideshow: Hi! Okay, so I'm having a little trouble on setting up my slideshow for my lock screen. I have saved photos and downloaded them as well, but nothing seems to pop up when I choose the selected folder for the slideshow. Am I doing something wrong or? Because I cannot seem to...
  5. Pausing photo slideshow

in Windows 10 Support
    Pausing photo slideshow: How do I pause a picture slideshow? The normal procedure of right clicking and choosing your options doesn't exist on Windows 10 and it's driving me nuts. 130287
  6. Windows 10 Slideshow

Windows 10 Slideshow: So I recently installed the Windows 10 preview to try out and when I tried to customise my background with the usual background slideshow I use on Windows 7 the folder I choose to use does not work. This goes for both desktop and lock screen. Fortunately I found a work around...
  7. Windows 10 Slideshow

Windows 10 Slideshow: Hello- I am having a problem with windows 10 slideshow in personalise. I select my folder and start the slideshow but when it runs through it automatically returns itself to desktop background. I have to go into personalise and then select browse and then find my folder again...
  8. Where is Battery Power Pause Option on Slideshow?

Where is Battery Power Pause Option on Slideshow?: Now that I've upgraded to Windows 10, I can no longer manage my slideshows for my desktop. In Win 7 and Win 8, I could manage whether or not to shuffle my slideshow and whether to pause the slideshow when on battery power. You can see that screen by looking at my tablet,...
  9. How to Pause a Slideshow in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Pause a Slideshow in OneDrive: OneDrive has a useful slideshow feature but there seems to be no way of slowing down the display speed or pausing the display. Am I missing something or is this another product where MS failed to consider how their product would be used? 61601
  10. unable to select use battery power with slideshows

in Windows 10 Support
    unable to select use battery power with slideshows: hi there im going to keep this short so here is what happened i got a wallpaper dump i set it as slideshow the next day(today) i notice it does not change when not plugged in i say to my self hmm i think i enabled battery wallpapers. i go to check the settings it...