Windows 10: Windows 10 snap feature no longer works

Discus and support Windows 10 snap feature no longer works in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is weird because the snap and drag feature has worked perfectly until a couple of days ago. First of all, it is turned on. And it did work before.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by goozleology, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Windows 10 snap feature no longer works

This is weird because the snap and drag feature has worked perfectly until a couple of days ago. First of all, it is turned on. And it did work before. But it's easier to show instead of tell. So, here's a short Jing video: Windows will not snap together
    I'd love some help. Thanks.

:)

goozleology, Aug 10, 2017

2. We need a better Snap feature!

Snapping windows in win8 was amazing, having a list view on the rightside of the screen was really handy, it let you slide in an app next to your already open application. In windows ten this feature no longer exists. I now need to swipe right tap my app,
    shrink it down then find my app to put side by side... extra steps are annoying.

Now that apple came out with a similar feature on their ipad, theirs actually works better than windows 10! Please make this feature more intuitive bring back the old snapping from windows 8!

Also add a thin bar between windows that i have snapped when in desktop mode so that i can easily resize them.

ConstantinMitides, Aug 10, 2017
  3. Erdeslawe Win User
    Windows 10 Tabs

Try this guide to see if it helps: How to Use Snap Assist and 2×2 Snap on Windows 10

There were some changes to the way the 'Snap' feature works in Windows 10, so you may not be using the 'new' methods if you've moved from Windows 8/8.1.

Erdeslawe, Aug 10, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows 10 snap feature no longer works

dalchina, Aug 10, 2017
  5. pepanee Win User
    1) Search for this settings window (using Search) [refer to picture] and open it.
    2) Make sure the last setting "Prevent windows from being automatically..." is UNchecked. If it's checked, then uncheck it, press Apply, and see if your issue is solved.
    3) If it's already unchecked, then check it, press Apply. After that, uncheck it and press Apply again. (This is in order to attempt to reset the setting). See if this did anything.

Windows 10 snap feature no longer works [​IMG]

pepanee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 snap feature no longer works

1. Windows 10 snap feature no longer works - Similar Threads - snap feature longer

2. Why doesn’t the mouse snap feature work anymore in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn’t the mouse snap feature work anymore in Windows 10?: Why doesn’t the mouse snap feature work anymore in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-the-mouse-snap-feature-work-anymore-in/5a7322ae-637f-44ce-92f0-18056ee14bae
  3. Turning of Snap Window Feature in Windows 10 does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turning of Snap Window Feature in Windows 10 does not work: Turning off the snap window feature does not work and is incredibly frustrating as I'm constantly resizing my windows and then having to very slowly and carefully resize them again because they snapped into a totally pointless size and not how and where I want them. I've...
  4. Turning of Snap Window Feature in Windows 10 does not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turning of Snap Window Feature in Windows 10 does not work: Turning off the snap window feature does not work and is incredibly frustrating as I'm constantly resizing my windows and then having to very slowly and carefully resize them again because they snapped into a totally pointless size and not how and where I want them. I've...
  5. SNAP Feature

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SNAP Feature: How does one go about utilizing this Window Feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snap-feature/07c70be9-64fe-434e-883c-fe10b2309a26
  6. SNAP Feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SNAP Feature: How does one go about utilizing this Window Feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snap-feature/07c70be9-64fe-434e-883c-fe10b2309a26
  7. SNAP Feature

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Windows Snap Feature

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Snap Feature: I created a permanent snap box in one corner of my monitor screen. It was defined by a yellow border that would appear when I moved a window into the box. The window would automatically resize to fit the box. I just got a new computer and can't remember how to create that...
  9. Snap Feature not working correctly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snap Feature not working correctly: Hey all, I recently upgraded to windows 10 (bought a new lenovo thinkpad) from windows 7and I'm learning all about the new features. One feature I haven't gotten to 100% work properly is the "snap" feature. I can drag a window to a side of the screen fine, and then the "snap...
  10. Why doesn't windows 10 snap feature work?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why doesn't windows 10 snap feature work?: It still doesn't work for me. I suspect MS don't fix it because they're too busy dreaming up useless updates. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-doesnt-windows-10-snap-feature-work/1d8892a3-423f-490d-baa7-1d31f8986aa1