Windows 10: Windows 10 Snapping malfunctioning for one specific window

Discus and support Windows 10 Snapping malfunctioning for one specific window in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've run into an issue where one of my windows, specifically Steam, isn't snapping properly on my second screen to the left; snapping anywhere on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Yeo Jing Kang, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Snapping malfunctioning for one specific window

I've run into an issue where one of my windows, specifically Steam, isn't snapping properly on my second screen to the left; snapping anywhere on the first screen is fine.

This all started after I launched Warcraft 3 causing Windows to resize the desktop's resolution to match the game's.

Snapping Steam onto the second screen causes it to snap onto the first screen instead, stretching it out of the screen.

I've tried repositioning the screens in Windows, and snapping works normally. It doesn't work only when the second screen is on the left of the first.

Additional note: other programs' windows snap fine, so I thought removing Steam entirely(including removing its regedit keys) and reinstalling it would help, but it didn't

:)

Yeo Jing Kang, Jul 27, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 27, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 Snapping malfunctioning for one specific window

Delta6326, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Snapping malfunctioning for one specific window

1. Windows 10 Snapping malfunctioning for one specific window - Similar Threads - Snapping malfunctioning specific

2. windows 10 snap windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 snap windows: I have windows 10 and I always use the snap windows feature but for some reason, it won't work it hasn't been working for around 2 weeks now, I have checked the settings to make sure it turned on and even turned it off and restarted my PC then turned it back on and restored...
  3. windows 10 snap windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 snap windows: I have windows 10 and I always use the snap windows feature but for some reason, it won't work it hasn't been working for around 2 weeks now, I have checked the settings to make sure it turned on and even turned it off and restarted my PC then turned it back on and restored...
  4. Snap Window Not Working for specific user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snap Window Not Working for specific user: Good day to you. My snap window not working. Anyone can help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snap-window-not-working-for-specific-user/1a494457-57d4-4ce4-8c2f-9689a3d0fc24
  5. Snap application windows to specific places.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snap application windows to specific places.: I have a laptop at work with two external monitors. I like to have apps set in specific places on certain screens. But when I undock my laptop to go to meetings or such, when I get back all apps are on the main screen of my 3 screen setup and I have to reconfigure them all...
  6. Dragging issue and malfunctioning snap windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dragging issue and malfunctioning snap windows: Hi, Recently, dragging on Windows 10 is becoming difficult and it gets worse. This includes drag & drop, adjusting the window size on any app or folder, moving the scroll bar, etc. It's not completely disabled but I need to try several times to make it work. At the same...
  7. Help disabling specific part of window snapping (drag resizing)

in Windows 10 Support
    Help disabling specific part of window snapping (drag resizing): I cannot figure out how to turn off a part of window snapping. The only part of snapping I need is holding down the windows key and using the arrow keys. What drives me nuts is when I'm resizing a window by dragging the edge but I get too close to an edge and windows decides...
  8. Windows 10 malfunctions

Windows 10 malfunctions: I have been using the auto update for Windows 10 since it was available. Just recently I am unable to create a new file folder on my desktop. I right click the desktop and it brings up my option table for AMD Catalyst Control Center. When I click on the "new" tab, the...
  9. Windows 10 Malfunctioning

Windows 10 Malfunctioning: Yesterday, I noticed my start button wouldn't activate no matter what I did, and I was trying to put my computer to hibernate for the night. The cortana search button wouldn't work either, along with anything related to settings. To fix the problem, I just used the physical...
  10. Windows 10 Malfunctioning

Windows 10 Malfunctioning: My task bar icons are not showing up, my volume no longer works, and the start menu seems to be frozen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-malfunctioning/cea4f2a4-d47a-46a3-a515-aa894d5c0d70