Windows 10: Windows 10 Some Start menu icons greyed out

Discus and support Windows 10 Some Start menu icons greyed out in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Some of my start menu icons appear greyed out, although I can still click on them and they work fine, just wondering if anybody knows how to fix it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gedstar, Oct 1, 2017.

1. gedstar Win User

Windows 10 Some Start menu icons greyed out

Some of my start menu icons appear greyed out, although I can still click on them and they work fine, just wondering if anybody knows how to fix it, have already tried sfc /scannow no errors found

Also tried rebuilding icon cache as per here
    How to reset the icon cache database on Windows 10 | Windows Central

Thanks in Advance

Windows 10 Some Start menu icons greyed out [​IMG]

:)

gedstar, Oct 1, 2017
  2. LironL Win User

Apps greyed out and underlined in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi,

I have an AMD card and noticed a similar problem after restarting my PC (some aps greyed out and not working, some greyed out and working, some entries (e.g. app names and folder names) greyed out). However, the following happened:

1) After some time, most of the greyed out icons and menu entries were fixed.

2) At some point, Windows Explorer reset itself (presumably due to a video driver crash but not sure about this) and after that all the greyed out start menu entries were fixed.

So the answer could be as simple as restarting Windows Explorer or crashing the video driver.

LironL, Oct 1, 2017
  3. CSnj Win User
    Some apps greyed out in start menu

Thank you all for your replies.

The powershell reinstall all apps seems to have worked, hopefully it won't reoccur.

I had already tried the start menu troubleshooter and the 'wsreset', but neither worked.

What started it was uninstalling Office because the 'clicktorun' would cause the disc to run at 100%.

CSnj, Oct 1, 2017
  4. gedstar Win User

Never mind got it sorted

gedstar, Oct 1, 2017
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Some Start menu icons greyed out - Similar Threads - Start menu icons

2. Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?: Hi. There are two parts to this question about the Start menu icon groups.1. Why won't it let me move the TextPad icon bottom left into the gap in the gap in the icon group above it?2. Why have several icon groups all apart from Misc and Games suddenly greyed-out?And how can...
  3. Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?: Hi. There are two parts to this question about the Start menu icon groups.1. Why won't it let me move the TextPad icon bottom left into the gap in the gap in the icon group above it?2. Why have several icon groups all apart from Misc and Games suddenly greyed-out?And how can...
  4. Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Start Menu looks greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu looks greyed out: Hi Team,As part our product we install the application on top of Windows. When we were using Windows 10 LTSB 2016 we were not facing any issues with Start Menu, after we migrated to Windows 10 LTSC 2019 we started to see an issue of Start Menu being greyed out Key board works...
  6. Start Menu looks greyed out

Start Menu looks greyed out: Hi Team,As part our product we install the application on top of Windows. When we were using Windows 10 LTSB 2016 we were not facing any issues with Start Menu, after we migrated to Windows 10 LTSC 2019 we started to see an issue of Start Menu being greyed out Key board works...
  7. Windows 10 Some Start menu icons greyed out

Windows 10 Some Start menu icons greyed out: Some of my start screen icons have turned grey Not sure what is going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-some-start-menu-icons-greyed-out/0612f1af-5c10-41c7-be6b-1295bfd0a9df
  8. Text & icons in start menu greyed out

Text & icons in start menu greyed out: Hello everyone, I'm in need of assistance. You see just recently I've reseted the Local Group Policy settings on my computer through the command prompt method. Though after the process was complete I discovered that there was a problem with my start menu. All the text &...
  9. Shell:Appsfolder: Some Icons Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shell:Appsfolder: Some Icons Greyed Out: I just upgraded my laptop to 1803 and I've been reviewing all my programs and Apps in Shell:Appsfolder. Some of the Apps icons (e.g. Camera, Calendar & Calculator) are greyed out when large icons or tiles are selected but they display fine when small icons are chosen - see...
  10. Some Icons Greyed Out in Shell:Appsfolder

in Windows 10 Support
    Some Icons Greyed Out in Shell:Appsfolder: I just upgraded my laptop to 1803 and I've been reviewing all my programs and Apps in Shell:Appsfolder. Some of the Apps icons (e.g. Camera, Calendar & Calculator are greyed out when large icons or tiles are selected but they display fine when small icons are chosen - see...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start menu greyed icon in windows 10

2. windows phone most icons greyed out