Windows 10: Windows 10 sometimes 'freezes' during shut down

Discus and support Windows 10 sometimes 'freezes' during shut down in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On a few occasions over the time I have had this pc, it will 'freeze' during shut down - the spinning dots animation will stop spinning and nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Eddie Doc, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Eddie Doc Win User

Windows 10 sometimes 'freezes' during shut down

On a few occasions over the time I have had this pc, it will 'freeze' during shut down - the spinning dots animation will stop spinning and nothing more happens until I hold down the power button on the box, which forces it to turn off. It always works fine after I turn it back on again, but I'm wondering if this is something I should be concerned about?

:)

Eddie Doc, Aug 27, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 27, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 27, 2018
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 sometimes 'freezes' during shut down - Similar Threads - sometimes 'freezes' during

2. My computer sometimes randomly freezes and has trouble shutting down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer sometimes randomly freezes and has trouble shutting down.: It's been doing this for the past couple of months. I don't understand why though. When I make the firmware check for problems with the hardware it insists that there are no problems. I've even tried reinstalling windows and not even that worked. It feels like nothing I try...
  3. freezing and shutting down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    freezing and shutting down.: I have windows 11. My computer is frequently freezing and or on occasion it just shuts down without notice or pattern. Sometimes i must do a hard reboot as the task manager wont reset. Or when i go to my task manager i see so many programs running and have no idea what they...
  4. freezing and shutting down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    freezing and shutting down.: I have windows 11. My computer is frequently freezing and or on occasion it just shuts down without notice or pattern. Sometimes i must do a hard reboot as the task manager wont reset. Or when i go to my task manager i see so many programs running and have no idea what they...
  5. Windows 10 Freeze and shuts down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Freeze and shuts down: Thanks in advance.I have a Lenovo Ideapad 720S-13IKB running on windows 10 Pro, purchased in Dec 2017, warranty expired, lenovo charges ~$700/ for replacing motherboard.Recently, it started behaving weirdly, even I type faster it freezes and shuts down, no blue screen or...
  6. Shut down during windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Shut down during windows update: So, I had put my windows update on and while the update was going on there was a power cut and therefore, my laptop shut down and the next time I started it windows uninstalled the updates and since then I've been facing a very long boot time and the battery dies really...
  7. Windows 10 Shut Down During Set Up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Shut Down During Set Up: My girlfriend got a new laptop. I went to start it for her so it'd be ready for when she got home. Instead of just turning off the internet, I stupidly used the power button to shut down the computer when it asked for a Microsoft account during setup. Now it just shows a...
  8. Windows 10 freeze on shut down

Windows 10 freeze on shut down: Hi, I've just resetted my PC with everything removed and have a clean slate to start again. Problem is after a few days, with little apps installed and running happily, the shutdown freeze returned. I'm at a lost as to what to do. I'm not good in technical stuff so I'm...
  9. shuts down as it freezes

shuts down as it freezes: I can only have it up for 5 min maybe. Then it freezes up, after a few moments it shuts it self off and need to restart. This computer is not used very much at all. I am a Senior, and use it to pay bills, and shop once in a while....
  10. Freezing during boot + will not shut down. What is wrong?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Freezing during boot + will not shut down. What is wrong?: My free upgrade from 7 pro worked well for one month, but has become increasingly unstable. Firstly the boot up screen before sign-in virtually freezes - the circulating dots stutter and almost stop - I do not know if it eventually boots because I press Ctrl-Alt-Delete and...