Windows 10: Windows 10 Spinning Dots CHANGED from 6 to 5 dots?

Discus and support Windows 10 Spinning Dots CHANGED from 6 to 5 dots? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm not having a problem with my PC, but I wanted to ask a question. It seems to me that the spinning dots that are visible during Windows 10 startup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by msgarrett1, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Windows 10 Spinning Dots CHANGED from 6 to 5 dots?

I'm not having a problem with my PC, but I wanted to ask a question. It seems to me that the spinning dots that are visible during Windows 10 startup changed from 6 spinning dots to 5 spinning dots. I don't know at what point this change occurred or why. Can anyone enlighten me?

:)

msgarrett1, Oct 14, 2016

2. windows 10 does not load, stuck at preparing automatic repair, ISO does not work just windows logo and spinning dots , any fix ?

I have tried several times. I have changed the boot order in the bios and have gotten to boot from usb stick , but only get the windows logo and dots spinning in a circle. The iso does not do anything other than give the windows logo and keeps on with the
    spinning dots. Same with preparing automatic

repair, I get the HP logo with preparing automatic repair and the spinning dots and it does nothing else does not go to diagnosing your pc. I have tried booting from dvd with ISO on it and get nothing but HP logo and spinning dots.

nightrodder50, Oct 14, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Upgrade Hanging at Blue Screen With Spinning Dots

I tried to upgrade from Windows 7 64 bit to Windows 10 using the free upgrade option. Installation seemed to be ok until the automatic restart. Now I am stuck with a blue screen and spinning dots. CTRL+ALT+DELETE does nothing. I have researched all of
    the other "solutions" but can't seem to get anything to work. I have tried to cycle the power and the black Windows screen appears for 5-10 seconds then the blue screen with the spinning dots comes back. I let the dots spin overnight, and nothing. Any help
    would be appreciated. I wouldn't even mind reverting back to Win 7 if need be!

David_Shane_Stoops, Oct 14, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Windows 10 Spinning Dots CHANGED from 6 to 5 dots?

How can you count them? They're spinning so quickly... goes off to look ... by Jove, you're right. This kind of change is most likely to be introduced at a major update point (like AU in August 2016) or in a cumulative update. Can't find any specifics on when this change occurred, or why. Methinks it's just a user interface/activity display change, and not one of major sigificance, either. I bet we're talking about an entirely trivial code change (like the assignment of a variable or constant, first to 6 and then later to 5).
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 14, 2016
  5. I'm a bit of a conspiracy theorist . . . here's my guess . . . . before there were 6 dots, and they would pass by in groups of 3 . . . there was a pattern of 6 . . . 6 . . . 6. Someone said "Hey, '666' is the sign of the Beast in Revelations." Let's change that. *Wink

msgarrett1, Oct 14, 2016
  6. EdTittel Win User
    Yeah, I'm sure that's it. Can't be having no number of de Beast in Windows. But a quick hop into Everything shows de number literally ... wait for it ... everywhere. Go figure!
    --Ed--

Windows 10 Spinning Dots CHANGED from 6 to 5 dots? [​IMG]

EdTittel, Oct 14, 2016
  7. So, basically, Windows 10 shall bring about the End of Days . . . the Apocalypse . . . Revelations. *chuckle Just Kidding.

msgarrett1, Oct 14, 2016
  8. Bree New Member

Been there. Done that.

http://www.stgsys.com/fun\48666.txt

9. bobfrost Win User
    Get a life!!! Nothing better to do than count spinning spots? *Wink

Bob F.

bobfrost, Oct 14, 2016
  10. DooGie Win User
    Sort of thing you do in your sleep isn't it? *Smile

DooGie, Oct 14, 2016
  11. shimshom Win User
    It's called spinning dots anxiety and must have started with TH1

shimshom, Oct 15, 2016
  12. CountMike New Member
    It's pretty sure there will be no Windows 13 but will there be Rs13 ?

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Spinning Dots CHANGED from 6 to 5 dots? - Similar Threads - Spinning Dots CHANGED

2. Windows 10 spinning dots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 spinning dots: I was playing a game called league of legends then my pc restarted for no reason and i get stuck on spinning dots for like 20 mins right now, can i get some help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-spinning-dots/81ddcd2e-e5ff-4f3d-b6e1-12e2a3694471
  3. Windows 10 spinning dots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 spinning dots: I was playing a game called league of legends then my pc restarted for no reason and i get stuck on spinning dots for like 20 mins right now, can i get some help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-spinning-dots/81ddcd2e-e5ff-4f3d-b6e1-12e2a3694471
  4. Windows 10 spinning dots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Spinning Dots of Doom

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spinning Dots of Doom: Building a new desktop (with Asus XII hero board), after the Win 10 Pro install, every boot I am stuck at the spinning dots of happiness for 15 or 20 minutes. I've run all updates, updated I believe all chipset drivers from Asus (minus one.. the one that said.. you can never...
  6. Spinning dots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Spinning dots: My computer I use for my classes stated Microsoft update was due. So I waited and it auto restarted and did the update. Now all I have is spinning dots. That is it. All my student's information is on that computer plus their pictures and other events they have participated...
  7. spinning dots

in Windows 10 Customization
    spinning dots: let me start by saying that my laptop is working perfectly, and windows 10 is working perfectly. I turn on the laptop, it's a Dell. I get the Dell logo screen as it posts. the screen blinks and the dell logo comes back on with the spinning dots. I want to change that...
  8. Windows 10 Spinning Dots

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Spinning Dots: My Acer laptop was started logging and eventually it is hanging that I decided to reformat drive C. After I reformated it once, the issue still exsits so that I decided to reformat all the drivers and reinstall Windows 10. After two reformats, I got stuck on spinning dots for...
  9. Stuck at Spinning Dots

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck at Spinning Dots: I have a Dell Precision 7910 on windows 10 1803. I updated a couple weeks ago through windows update. I have booted the machine several times since updating. A few days ago I update the NVIDIA driver. I have dual K620 cards. Booted a couple of times sine that update. Today...
  10. Stuck at spinning dots

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck at spinning dots: Hi, first of all, sorry for my bad English. My issue is pretty straight forward: last night I left my computer powered on, and when I woke up, I had a Windows update screen stuck at 100%. The mouse didn't work, everything was frozen. I restarted my PC and it froze at...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. are there five dots or six dots in the windows spinning circle

2. windows changed-spinning-dots