Windows 10: Windows 10 spits out cd/dvd

Discus and support Windows 10 spits out cd/dvd in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I downloaded VLC on my computer that runs 10 & it still won't play cd/dvd or install games from cd. It just spits them back out. Any suggestions.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RussT, Dec 25, 2015.

1. RussT Win User

Windows 10 spits out cd/dvd

I downloaded VLC on my computer that runs 10 & it still won't play cd/dvd or install games from cd. It just spits them back out. Any suggestions. Thanks. Russ.

:)

RussT, Dec 25, 2015

2. CD/DVD drive says Please insert a disk. (Windows 10)

this is a very real issue. what a piece of ****.

here's my set up: Alienware 15 R2 with no internal drives

just ordered off Newegg two brand new LG iHAS124-14 DVD-+RW drives which are desktop internal drives

Used a Unitek SATA to USB 3 adapter with 12v support

Connected both drives and inserted an audio CD. Immediately the CD is spit out. Turned off autoplay it stopped immediately spitting out, but then tried to manually open disc in explorer and it spits out immediately..

This issue is reported all over the net. Anyway unable to read any CDs or DVDs that I know of as they spit out immediately and furthermore apps such as ExactAudioCopy cannot even tell a disc is in the drive.

rampaging potato bug, Dec 25, 2015
  3. Laptop "automatically eject CD's".

you copy or burn cd's,

you do not sync them

if CD/DVD player is spitting them out, the player may be bad or the player may have trouble with that brand of cds it rejects

there could be numerous reasons

seahawks65, Dec 25, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

My first thought would be faulty drive, there's bunch of leavers and micro switches inside that wear out.

CountMike, Dec 26, 2015
  5. RussT Win User
    It worked fine in 8.1. It just doesn't want work in 10. My computer is less than 2 years old & I never used cds or dvds that often.

RussT, Dec 26, 2015
  6. Have you tried their Windows Media Player
    Should be in your Apps or you may have to download it from their site.

On mine I have the above plus Toshiba own one

Plus Power DVD from Cyberlink

hTconeM9user, Dec 26, 2015
  7. davidhk Win User
    Any reason you don't use Windows Media Player ?
    Unless you are using a Windows 10 N edition ( which is an European or Korean version ), WMP is included in Windows 10. It does not need to be installed.
    You can find it in All apps > under alphabet W > Windows Media Player.

Adding : Windows Media Player will play videos/movies but will not play DVDs.
    I am sure you have good reasons why you prefer VLC.

davidhk, Dec 26, 2015
  8. davidhk Win User

Just out of curiosity.
    Did you download VLC from the Store ?
    If yes, uninstall it and install VLC from its original source:
    Download official VLC media player for Windows - VideoLAN

davidhk, Dec 26, 2015
  9. RussT Win User
    I only installed VLC because 10 won't play dvds. I had power dvd when I bought the computer. When the trial ended I uninstalled it. I didn't use VLC in windows 8 because the dvd worked . I also installed & uninstalled vlc from windows store & installed from vlc website. Still won't play cds/dvds. I do use wmp for music & videos.

RussT, Dec 27, 2015
  10. davidhk Win User
    I also have VLC installed in my Win 10 and it plays DVDs.
    Wonder why it does not on your computer.
    I can't help you further.
    Sorry.
    Happy New Year.

davidhk, Dec 27, 2015
  11. RussT Win User
    Thanks. Happy New Year to you.

RussT, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 spits out cd/dvd - Similar Threads - spits dvd

2. Where is my redeemed gift of Windows DVD app from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is my redeemed gift of Windows DVD app from Microsoft Store: I received a gift of windows dvd app but when I redeemed it, app hasn't downloaded nor can I find it on my computer or in my Microsoft Store or my account. I have relentlessly followed the instructions without success. I have pressed updates in my store account, I have...
  3. Where is my redeemed gift of Windows DVD app from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is my redeemed gift of Windows DVD app from Microsoft Store: I received a gift of windows dvd app but when I redeemed it, app hasn't downloaded nor can I find it on my computer or in my Microsoft Store or my account. I have relentlessly followed the instructions without success. I have pressed updates in my store account, I have...
  4. Number keys "2" "5" rapidly spit out random numbers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number keys "2" "5" rapidly spit out random numbers: When I press the number keys "2" "5" I'm using the NumPad for that oneIt spits out random numbers like here's an example of when I press two. It goes." 6455353254 "What about five you ask?" 5245524553 "Strange right? I've tried to go to Settings but that didn't work though. I...
  5. Number keys "2" "5" rapidly spit out random numbers

Number keys "2" "5" rapidly spit out random numbers: When I press the number keys "2" "5" I'm using the NumPad for that oneIt spits out random numbers like here's an example of when I press two. It goes." 6455353254 "What about five you ask?" 5245524553 "Strange right? I've tried to go to Settings but that didn't work though. I...
  6. SPITTING FEATHERS, CHKDSK WIPED MY COMPUTER!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SPITTING FEATHERS, CHKDSK WIPED MY COMPUTER!!!: Running Windows 11, today I had a message in the notification area saying 'you need to restart your computer to fix errors on the hard drive ' so I did!Upon restarting noticed windows update etc, when loaded it had completely wiped my computer!Have tried restoring to prior...
  7. SPITTING FEATHERS, CHKDSK WIPED MY COMPUTER!!!

SPITTING FEATHERS, CHKDSK WIPED MY COMPUTER!!!: Running Windows 11, today I had a message in the notification area saying 'you need to restart your computer to fix errors on the hard drive ' so I did!Upon restarting noticed windows update etc, when loaded it had completely wiped my computer!Have tried restoring to prior...
  8. Screen suddenly spitting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen suddenly spitting: I have my Dell laptop connected to an HP monitor. Frequently the screen splits horizontally showing two complete screens one above the other. This happens on its own without any input. I can clear it by opening the laptop until the laptop screen lights up and the monitor...
  9. looking for a program that would spit out detailed monitor info

looking for a program that would spit out detailed monitor info: So yeah. After trying to be smart in hardware section i was bend over with my level of understanding how hdcp work. so now there is my question does anyone know any relible way to query my computer about a revision of hdcp my monitor and gtaphic card are actually using right...
  10. Custom build spits Machine_check_exceptions and Clock_watchdog_timeout

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Custom build spits Machine_check_exceptions and Clock_watchdog_timeout: Two weeks ago I build a pc and from the start I've been trying to diognose what's wrong with it. It crashes at seemingly random times while running nothing special at all (steam, chrome, spotify, bittorrent). Most of them are Machine_Check_Exceptions, but sometimes it's also...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 spits out discs

2. windows 10 spits out dvd

3. windows 10 dvd drive spits out disc