Windows 10: Windows 10 splash screen won't load

Discus and support Windows 10 splash screen won't load in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 splash screen looks like the bottom 2 panes have been shot full of holes with a shotgun. OS never completes boot up, I have to power down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by oldyeller38, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Windows 10 splash screen won't load

Windows 10 splash screen looks like the bottom 2 panes have been shot full of holes with a shotgun. OS never completes boot up, I have to power down with power button and immediately power back on. This has been happening since day one (a couple of months). 8 out of 10 boot ups has this issue and it’s getting monotonous. This is an upgrade from 7; never had this with 7.
    Search revels nothing.

:)

oldyeller38, Apr 17, 2016

2. WINDOWS 10 NOVEMBER UPDATE GLITCHED STARTUP SPLASH SCREEN

HELP NEEDED QUICK!

Recently, I installed the November major update of Windows 10 to my ASUS Laptop. After installing it, I noticed that there's something wrong with my startup. It's not really much of a problem, but my startup has some sort of graphical glitch after updating
    my Windows 10.

This is what normally happens:

Turn On Laptop > ASUS splash screen and loading icon at the bottom > Black Screen > Loading > Windows 10 Lock Screen

But now, some sort of weird problem occurs:

Turn On Laptop > ASUS splash screen and loading icon at the bottom > Black Screen > ASUS splash screen (Except the loading icon is not moving, as if it were the same screen before but frozen. Also the screen appears glitched a little) > Loading > Windows 10
    Lock Screen

Is there any way to rollback to the previous version of my Windows? I have tried system restore, however for some reason, I can't seem to find the restore point of the November update...

mario62746, Apr 17, 2016
  3. Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta not working with no error message

I am having a similar problem. minecraft windows 10 edition beta will not load. I get a splash screen and then it closes.

-Alex

alexdepaula, Apr 17, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Windows 10 splash screen won't load

davidhk, Apr 17, 2016
  5. simrick Win User
    I agree with David's suggestions. I would try the repair install first, when you get a good boot. If that doesn't fix things, a clean install may be in order. The OS should activate automatically, since you've already done the upgrade months ago.

simrick, Apr 17, 2016
  6. Agree. Don't waste time by trying to repair it, save your important files on a backup somewhere, note down all other sw you have and make sure you have the original discs etc, and then format the HDD and do a clean install.

If you like being able to customise your OS, and run your own updates, Install win10 Pro, not the home version.

Geoff Daniell, Apr 17, 2016
  7. Thanks guys; I'm gonna do the clean install. I'm tired of messing around, I've spent too much time already.

8. Windows 10 splash screen won't load

One point I forgot to ask; By doing a clean install of 10, will I still be required to log on with a password or key although I'm the only user of this computer? I've never had to on 7, to me it's a nuisance.

9. davidhk Win User
    PLEASE do it the MS way.............. for now until you have reinstalled successfully and activated.
    Don't buck the system.

davidhk, Apr 17, 2016
  10. f14tomcat Win User
    He may be referring to the password after booting (on Welcome screen) to start Windows, not the setup during installation. He should still use his MS account for installation. Can switch, if wanted to local account later. Or use netplwiz to bypass sign-in. TC

f14tomcat, Apr 17, 2016
  11. davidhk Win User
    That's for AFTER installation is successful and activated.
    We can deal with that later.
    One step at a time.

davidhk, Apr 17, 2016
  12. f14tomcat Win User
    I fully understand that! That is why I worded my post the way I did! Thank you.

f14tomcat, Apr 17, 2016
  13. davidhk Win User

During the installation, please enter your Microsoft account and password.
    When you have Win 10 reinstalled and activated, please post back if you want to by-pass the password sign in procedure.
    It is very easy to do. But, let's not jump the gun.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Apr 17, 2016
  14. One last point form my side.

Seriously consider NOT Importing favourites from old installs into any browser that you use. rather note them all down in a file somewhere and start from scratch.

IBMs Raporteer sw needs to be re-installed either via your bank's website or direct, the new win 10 version ....

Geoff Daniell, Apr 18, 2016
  15. I would like to take the time to thank all who responded to this post. I’m back up and running and I’m happy to announce that after a clean install I no longer have to remember a password or pin#. I found some of Dink’s tuts a little confusing, so I did a total format & reinstall the original 7 Home Premium, then an upgrade to 7 Pro, then 10. A long work-around but worked for me. Again a BIG thanks to all.

oldyeller38, Apr 18, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows 10 splash screen won't load - Similar Threads - splash screen won't

2. Windows 10 won't load the login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 won't load the login screen: When I turned on my laptop this morning, the login screen was not loading. Instead, it shows the spinning circle in the middle of the screen, and changes from this to a black screen infinitely. I tried the advanced repair settings, but none seem to work; I can't even reset...
  3. Windows 10 won't load the login screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 won't load the login screen: When I turned on my laptop this morning, the login screen was not loading. Instead, it shows the spinning circle in the middle of the screen, and changes from this to a black screen infinitely. I tried the advanced repair settings, but none seem to work; I can't even reset...
  4. Windows 10 won't load the login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Dell Splash Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell Splash Screen: Hello everyone The issue I'm encountering is quite annoying but I guess it can be considered minor. So this is the issue, when starting up my PC the Dell splash screen pops up and the bar starts to load, but only goes up halfway and doesn't progress further unless the USB...
  6. Windows 10 pro 64bit splash screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 pro 64bit splash screen: When I turn on my pc after the POST it displays a distorted image from motherboard logo instead of the windows 10 splash screen. Win10 is installed on ssd and I also tried to update the windows....
  7. Windows 10 installation stuck on splash screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 installation stuck on splash screen: I’m trying to update a family friends old computer from windows xp to windows 10 through a flash drive. The computer has 1 gb of ram and meets all other minimum requirements but when I boot from the flash drive it just shows the windows logo with no loading circle and nothing...
  8. Freeze/ Splash Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Freeze/ Splash Screen: Hi all. I wasn’t sure which sub-forum to put this in (not having a BSOD, but, this is a technical “error” issue), but thought I’d post it here. Ever since I've had Windows 10 (2015?!), this issue I'm about to describe pops up intermittently. Sometimes months & months can go...
  9. Windows 10 games wont load past splash screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 games wont load past splash screen: Some of the games I have installed through the Windows 10 store will not open, it will open the splash screen for the game but no process will start and eventually it will close itself. The games that won't open are Forza Horizon 3 and State of Decay 2 while for some reason...
  10. splash screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    splash screen: how can I use the splash screen as background 66324