Windows 10: Windows 10 spotlight image not showing up on sign-in screen

Discus and support Windows 10 spotlight image not showing up on sign-in screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi All - I've spent several hours trying to get this to work. I have 2 different accounts on my desktop. One account the same spotlight image is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kr8ivemind, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Windows 10 spotlight image not showing up on sign-in screen

Hi All -

I've spent several hours trying to get this to work. I have 2 different accounts on my desktop. One account the same spotlight image is displayed on the sign-on screen and lock screen as expected. On the other account, I have everything set the same, but the sign-on screen just shows a picture instead of the spotlight lock screen image.

I've tried turning it off, checked that Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing was selected. Everything looks the same as the other account.

I'm at wits end. Anyone have any ideas what else I should look at?

Windows build version: 14393

Thanks -

:)

kr8ivemind, Dec 1, 2016

2. How to fix problems with lock screen images (Windows Spotlight)

This Windows 10 Tip
    highlights the Windows Spotlight setting, which automatically uploads beautiful images of scenery daily from around the world for the background on the lock screen.

What steps should I try if I’m having trouble with Windows Spotlight?
    For example, what should I do if:

• The Windows Spotlight image doesn’t appear on the lock screen.
    • The Windows Spotlight image doesn’t appear on the sign-in screen.
    • The Windows Spotlight option doesn’t appear in my lock screen settings.
    • The Windows Spotlight image isn’t changing. (It shows the same image every day.)

Meliton Dec, Dec 1, 2016
  3. The question 'Like what you see?' not on picture.

I have the same issue here, with Windows 10 Professional, version 1607, on HP Elitebook 840 G3.

The troubleshooter showed something it called potential corruption, and then claimed it fixed everything.

Yet, when I now turn "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" to "On" in "Lock screen settings", the Windows Spotlight background still displays as pitch black as soon as I lock my computer. Only the white-colored links, icons and the
    clock remain visible. The background picture appears only after I click the mouse or press a key which brings up the sign-in screen, but as soon as I lock my computer, the Windows Spotlight background becomes black again.

When I turn "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" to "Off", the Spotlight background picture displays as it should, no surprises there.

What do I need to do to have the background image visible at Windows Spotlight even with the "Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen" turned to "On"?

MrSmith1982, Dec 1, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows 10 spotlight image not showing up on sign-in screen

Windows 10 spotlight image not showing up on sign-in screen [​IMG]

That setting maybe?

dalchina, Dec 6, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 spotlight image not showing up on sign-in screen

1. Windows 10 spotlight image not showing up on sign-in screen - Similar Threads - spotlight image showing

2. Windows Spotlight only showing one image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Spotlight only showing one image: I just reinstalled windows 11 with the "reset this pc" option and my windows spotlight is stuck on one image. I've tried clearing the assets folder and renaming the settings.dat file and the roaming.lock file. Nothing seems to be working and I really don't want to have to...
  3. Windows Spotlight only showing one image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Spotlight only showing one image: I just reinstalled windows 11 with the "reset this pc" option and my windows spotlight is stuck on one image. I've tried clearing the assets folder and renaming the settings.dat file and the roaming.lock file. Nothing seems to be working and I really don't want to have to...
  4. Windows 10 Lock Screen Spotlight Image

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Lock Screen Spotlight Image: Dear Sir, I found some descriptive mistake in northern coast of Madagascar. Original text "This wide bay on the northern coast of Madagascar is a breeding ground for thousands of humpback whaleswho winter in the warmwaters of the Indian Ocean. The coral reefs, estuaries,...
  5. Windows Spotlight images

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Spotlight images: Why are all the photos I see from the US and Europe? How do I broaden the range to include countries in Africa, Asia, Oceania, South America etc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-spotlight-images/4e07d6d6-d545-4898-880b-3f1fe0191041
  6. Windows Spotlight - Lock Screen image will not show on Sign-In Screen

Windows Spotlight - Lock Screen image will not show on Sign-In Screen: Hi all, I haven't posted here before, so hopefully it's not breaching etiquette to jump straight to the question! I'm running Windows 10 Home version 1903 (Build 18362.778) on a desktop computer. A while ago, I installed DisplayFusion to help support wallpaper rotation and...
  7. Spotlight lockscreen showing a blue image

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spotlight lockscreen showing a blue image: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Retrograde-Planet [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f5cl8c/spotlight_lockscreen_showing_a_blue_image/
  8. Sign in screen shows only window spotlight

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in screen shows only window spotlight: Hello, In my desktop, I have 4 local users created, one is a local admin account. 2 accounts, include the admin, were working correctly, but other two are having issue on their's sign in screen. The problem is only one picture of Window SpotLight appeared on their sign in...
  9. Spotlight lockscreen does not show up details about the image.

Spotlight lockscreen does not show up details about the image.: My windows is up to date and nearly a fresh install (meaning I only have it for a month or so and have some basic programs installed on it +bitdefender total security) Spotlight used to work on the same PC same windows installation same 3rd party software but now it...
  10. Windows Spotlight Lock screen photo not coming up on Sign-in screen

Windows Spotlight Lock screen photo not coming up on Sign-in screen: Hello, Windows 10 Pro, fully fully updated. The following happens on two completely different machines (desktop and laptop of different manufacturers). Up until some time ago (I believe, before Creator's Update, but not 100% certain about that), I used to have Windows...