Windows 10: Windows 10 Spring Creators Update Release Date

Discus and support Windows 10 Spring Creators Update Release Date in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Why are they waiting until April 10th to release this major update? It should be done by now for them to release it this week. 107233 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jesse Williams, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Spring Creators Update Release Date

Why are they waiting until April 10th to release this major update? It should be done by now for them to release it this week.

:)

Jesse Williams, Apr 1, 2018

2. Windows 10 RedStone 4 release date??????????

I realised that version number is really release date (with some slip in spring release) with 2 digits for year and 2 digits for month so there is hope that 1803 will be 2018 03 (march) with couple of weeks slip. It may also be the date of the date system
    is compiled before release.

N/A
    July 29, 2015

November Update
    November 10, 2015

Anniversary Update
    August 2, 2016

Creators Update
    April 5, 2017

Fall Creators Update
    October 17, 2017

Spring Creators Update
    Early 2018

TBA
    Late 2018

Krzysztof Sobierajski, Apr 1, 2018
  3. xosn Win User
    xosn, Apr 1, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

Windows 10 Spring Creators Update Release Date

I think you will find there is always an "official" release date assigned, helps along with the Version number in keeping track of things. And having things dated helps when doing publicity releases about things.

Berton, Apr 1, 2018
  5. @Berton, so when do you think the Media Creation tools will be available for this update? I will probably wait until the update comes for my HP PC as I don’t want to mess with it’s factory settings from HP. I will probably put the update on my mom’s PC via the Media Creation Tool.

Jesse Williams, Apr 1, 2018
  6. Clintlgm Win User
    FCU wasn't on the MCT site until the day it was released.

Clintlgm, Apr 1, 2018
  7. Berton Win User
    Consider that in late February Build 16299.15 was still on the MCT but we were up to, I think, Build 16299.248 it may be awhile after release.

Berton, Apr 1, 2018
  8. Steve C Win User

You can spot the release date by the drastic increase in the number of problem posts on this forum!

Steve C, Apr 1, 2018
  9. Kpat62 Win User
    S**t. How can I stop it installing? FCU wrecked my old HP laptop. I would at least like to wait a few weeks in case of any problems.

Kpat62, Apr 1, 2018
  10. cereberus Win User
    It is always released to Insiders two weeks before official release, so any significant last minute issues can be identified, and new patches developed. In worst case, this may necessitate a new build. This is why MS never state it is RTM until the actual day of release. Everything else you read is press speculation

cereberus, Apr 1, 2018
  11. Bree New Member
    build 17133 is now dead - long live build 17134...

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 17134 - April 16

12. Samuria Win User
    Its stated on youtube that if you goto media creation tool and update even though it say autumn it does update to spring anyone confirm that? Its reliable poster on yourtube

Samuria, Apr 10, 2018
  13. EdTittel Win User

EdTittel, Apr 10, 2018
  14. f14tomcat Win User
    f14tomcat, Apr 10, 2018
  15. EdTittel Win User
    Thanks for pointing that out @f14tomcat: I'm reminded of the old Darrell Royal epigram, well-known to University of Texas fans, but nearly impenetrable for non-native speakers of (Southern) English: "Dance with who brung ya!"
    Best wishes,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Spring Creators Update Release Date - Similar Threads - Spring Creators Update

2. Spring Update Date from Bing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Spring Update Date from Bing: May 28 The update -- also known as Windows 10 versions 2004 and 20H1, and formerly referred to as the April 2020 Update -- is expected to start rolling out to mainstream users on May 28. It's already available to developers. Read more: How to upgrade to Windows 10 for free...
  3. Spring Creators Update 2018

Spring Creators Update 2018: Quick question [PANIC] is the HP 15-f010 wm compatible with the update because last time I tried I had to reinstall windows and I'm trying again (Note to self: GOD IM SO SMART BUT SO STUPID AT THE SAME TIME)...
  4. windows 10 spring creators update

windows 10 spring creators update: Can't do update. Finds issues. Avira Antivir. The suggested file Avipbb.sys is not found & all old Avira folders are deleted. I ran AviraRegistercleaner in safe mode & it completed successfully. Back in regular mode & get the same issue with update. I am not currently using...
  5. Win 10 taskbar date showing as small square after spring creators upd

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 taskbar date showing as small square after spring creators upd: Hey all, new to this forum as a member. so hopefully i can contribute down the road. but looking for a little enlightenment as ive tried searching but have not been successful. have a client with 5 win 10 pro 64-bit boxes. all the same dell builds. staff says all upgraded...
  6. another way to get Creators Update (spring)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    another way to get Creators Update (spring): Installed 1803 from a converted ISO back before April 10th, after backing up all the data, currently having no issues--in place upgrade at the time, planning clean install when real build comes out whenever that is. So far runs all my games good, and such. I know was taking a...
  7. So did anyone get spring creators update?

in Windows 10 Support
    So did anyone get spring creators update?: I read that it was going to some users the other day and wanna know if people have gotten it yet. As well as want to know what Microsoft borked this time. 107267
  8. Preparing System for Spring Creators

in Windows 10 Support
    Preparing System for Spring Creators: Hi All Preparing system for the upcoming Spring Creators, right now removed with Revo uninstaller games hardly used, backed up personal files, and such, debating on leaving Avast in or using Defender on my Intel I7 Desktop. Might do a clean install of the Spring...
  9. Will next Windows 10 version be called 'The Spring Creators Update'?

in Windows 10 News
    Will next Windows 10 version be called 'The Spring Creators Update'?: the name has slipped out, apparently... Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 103913
  10. Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released: This is a big day! Today we opened access to download the Windows 10 Creators Update and, along with it, the Creators Update SDK. And today is a great day for all Windows developers to get the SDK and start building amazing apps that take advantage of new platform...