Windows 10: Windows 10 spring update 2018

Discus and support Windows 10 spring update 2018 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why do people STILL put up with the arrogant attitude put forth by the Microsoft organization? On 4 occasions Windows 10 tried to update my system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ConradH20th, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Windows 10 spring update 2018

Why do people STILL put up with the arrogant attitude put forth by the Microsoft organization?

On 4 occasions Windows 10 tried to update my system with the spring 2018 creators upgrade. On the 4th attempt, it bricked my computer. AND I MEAN BRICKED. I spent a full 3 weeks trying to recover the system. No luck, ( And yes, there was a backup made of the initial installation ). Only message I ever got was to the effect that there was no Operating System on the computer. The efforts to recover led me down many paths which even led me to the "new and improved Privacy Policy issued by Microsoft" If that doesn't scare the crap out of you then nothing in the ether will ever do so.

So, I say to Microsoft:

How dare you try to install ANYTHING on my computer without my express permission (Updates included)

How dare you upload personal data to your site without my express permission EVER

How dare you share data collected from my computer with 3rd party groups

How dare you override changes I have made to my personal computer without my permission

How dare you change settings at the BIOS level without my permission

You people may surely own the Operating System BUT you do NOT own the equipment it resides on and therefore have NO business entering said equipment.

As of 1 month ago your product, Windows 10, or what was left of it, was excised from my system never to again be installed. As far as I'm concerned, your organization should be able to be charged with a crime. I am sure that I, as an individual, would be charged with a criminal offense if I were to break and enter the computers of users of your software in the same manner you do.

I believe it's time for people to take back their equipment ownership and their privacy from abusers like Microsoft. There are alternatives out there, some of which are better than Microsoft and are a lot less costly in terms of monetary cost as well as loss of privacy and takeover of personal hardware.

:)

ConradH20th, Aug 2, 2018
  2. btarunr Win User

Next Major Windows 10 Update Named "Spring Creators Update"

The next Windows 10 service pack major update has been named "Spring Creators Update." Windows Insider Program users toying with Build 17618 of the operating system spotted a listing of all the major updates of Windows 10 known to the build, when running "Get-VMHostSupportedVersion" in Power Shell. The last entry reads "Microsoft Windows 10 Spring Creators Update 1803." The version number (1803 in this case), often coincides with the public release date of the update. The Fall Creators Update 1709, released in 2017-09 (September) to Insiders. Going by that convenion, Spring Creators Update could see a "branded" Insider preview build this month, 2018-03 (March), with a public release usually 3-4 weeks after, presumably before Summer kicks in.

Windows 10 spring update 2018 pEBOXRTl55rNtJHh_thm.jpg

btarunr, Aug 2, 2018
  3. Drone Win User
    Download Windows 10 TH/RS

First CU for Spring Creators Update is out. Updates 17134.1 to 17134.5

And here new features in Windows 10 update

Drone, Aug 2, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 10 spring update 2018

Windows 10 April 2018 Update(SCU) Partially Breaks MKV File Support?

I updated to main computer to the April 2018 Update, AKA Spring Creators Update, and it seems like they've taken a step backward with MKV file support. When I go into the properties of an MKV file on the Fall Creators Update, if I go to the details tab it gives me a bunch of detail about he media file, like resolution, framerate, audio information and bitrate. However, if I go into the same file's properties on the April 2018 Update, almost all of the information is blank, it only gives me a runtime and bitrate.

I really just want to confirm that this isn't just my computer and other's are experiencing the same thing.

FCU:

Windows 10 spring update 2018 fcu-png.png

April 2018 Update:

Windows 10 spring update 2018 scu-png.png

newtekie1, Aug 2, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 spring update 2018

1. Windows 10 spring update 2018 - Similar Threads - spring update 2018

2. Gaming Issues since Spring 2018 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gaming Issues since Spring 2018 Update: Alright. I'm pretty upset at this point. The Spring Creators Update messed up my computer, costing me $400 in repairs and new harddrives. Once all that was fixed, I got all my stuff reinstalled, games, everything. Then I ran into problems with the games. Dragon Age...
  3. Spring Creators Update 2018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Spring Creators Update 2018: Quick question [PANIC] is the HP 15-f010 wm compatible with the update because last time I tried I had to reinstall windows and I'm trying again (Note to self: GOD IM SO SMART BUT SO STUPID AT THE SAME TIME)...
  4. Windows 10 Spring update

Windows 10 Spring update: Hello, I have a new HP business laptop and so far I have installed Office 2016, Symantec Security Endpoint protection and have downloaded a handful of Microsoft updates but after 10 days the Spring update has not started to download or install. The computer is connected to...
  5. windows 10 spring creators update

windows 10 spring creators update: Can't do update. Finds issues. Avira Antivir. The suggested file Avipbb.sys is not found & all old Avira folders are deleted. I ran AviraRegistercleaner in safe mode & it completed successfully. Back in regular mode & get the same issue with update. I am not currently using...
  6. Windows 10 spring 2018 update 1803 clears WinRM client TrustedHosts list

Windows 10 spring 2018 update 1803 clears WinRM client TrustedHosts list: After a Windows 10 machine installs the 1803 update, the WinRM client TrustedHosts list is cleared. This is a headache to go to all clients and re-establish the setting. Is this a) known and b) a bug or a feature?...
  7. Windows 10 Spring 2018 update fails left system inoperable.

Windows 10 Spring 2018 update fails left system inoperable.: This is the second time that Windows 10 Spring 2018 has trashed my computer. After the first time, I thought I had disabled Windows 10 from updating. Over the past 5 months Windows 10 has tried to update and crashed every single time. The update freezes at about 83%. After...
  8. spring update

spring update: is it safe to remove the spring update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/spring-update/5daf5a74-9347-494c-9bf4-71a61004ba86
  9. Pinned apps, startup scripts delayed since Spring 2018 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinned apps, startup scripts delayed since Spring 2018 update: After the Spring 2018 update I found that an odd delay was happening after login. After system boot from an SSD the login screen appears as fast as it did before, after entering password the desktop and a fairly bare taskbar appear at once. but the app icons I have pinned to...
  10. W10 Spring Creators Update 2018 (1803) Bricked my PC

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 Spring Creators Update 2018 (1803) Bricked my PC: I defer any major feature update for 6 months to let others iron out the faults created by dodgy MS software engineering.