Windows 10: Windows 10 - Start Icon

Discus and support Windows 10 - Start Icon in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Windows 10 Start button no longer responds to a left click. I now have to resort to right clicking that icon to shut down my laptop. Does anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by leighca, Feb 20, 2016.

1. leighca Win User

Windows 10 - Start Icon

My Windows 10 Start button no longer responds to a left click. I now have to resort to right clicking that icon to shut down my laptop. Does anyone have a solution for this?

:)

leighca, Feb 20, 2016

2. windows icon or start icon not working in windows 10

start icon or windows icon present in taskbar not working after a upgrade of windows 10.

SATYAMCHOUKSEY, Feb 20, 2016
  3. GuyBent Win User
    Parts of Windows 10 not working

Andre,

I reinstalled Windows 10 as you instructed and everything appeared to go normally. After the installation was complete, I started to use Windows 10. The Windows Edge icon in the taskbar doesn't start Edge when the icon is invoked and I still don't get
    the Windows tiles when I left click on the Windows start icon. If I right click on the Windows start icon I get the normal menu of choices. Any other things I might try to fix these issues? Thanks.

GuyBent, Feb 20, 2016
  4. Windows 10 - Start Icon

That is how I shut mine down
    Click Start Button works (Left or Right) have tried it.
    Then Right Click
    Then Scroll to
    Shut down or Restart
    Then Right click
    Shut down
    Just done it and it works

hTconeM9user, Feb 20, 2016
  5. hofkar Win User
    My start button is not responding on left click. I have been working on it for days, all kind of changes in Settings etc etc.
    and restore by an earlier Restore Point; I will try to call the support of this pc (Asus) tomorrow, so I downloaded
    teamviewer.org, in that way the support tech can see in real time what the problem is.
    Hope you can get it fixed too.

hofkar, Feb 20, 2016
  6. hTconeM9user, Feb 21, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    I posted a reply to the question of " left click at Start button does not work " at this thread......................

Start button lower left corner of screen

Have a look at it if you have time.

davidhk, Feb 21, 2016
  8. hofkar Win User

Windows 10 - Start Icon

Where is avast located? (can I run it in the "Run window"?

hofkar, Feb 22, 2016
  9. cptlicku Win User
    Its your antivirus..been a problem with avast killing start menu

cptlicku, Feb 22, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    If you ask " where is avast?", it means you don't have it installed.
    If so, you can forget about it. Your solution lies somewhere else.

davidhk, Feb 22, 2016
  11. cptlicku Win User
    Very true

cptlicku, Feb 22, 2016
  12. AndreyT Win User
    Who said that they have Avast???

AndreyT, Feb 22, 2016
  13. cptlicku Win User

Windows 10 - Start Icon

Just assumin since that fixed my start menu..and its the hot topic over at microsoft

cptlicku, Feb 22, 2016
  14. hofkar Win User
    I got all issues solved by reinstalling/"repairing" W10 (went to C: - ESD - Windows - setup_exe. No problemas.

hofkar, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 - Start Icon

1. Windows 10 - Start Icon - Similar Threads - Start Icon

2. Not showing icons Not showing taskbar icon Task manager not opening start menu not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not showing icons Not showing taskbar icon Task manager not opening start menu not opening: How I solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-showing-icons-not-showing-taskbar-icon-task/7a413e75-c163-46e5-aa97-47532eb56fbc
  3. Not showing icons Not showing taskbar icon Task manager not opening start menu not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not showing icons Not showing taskbar icon Task manager not opening start menu not opening: How I solve this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-showing-icons-not-showing-taskbar-icon-task/7a413e75-c163-46e5-aa97-47532eb56fbc
  4. Not showing icons Not showing taskbar icon Task manager not opening start menu not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. add start icon to taskbar in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    add start icon to taskbar in windows 10: add Microsoft logo to taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-start-icon-to-taskbar-in-windows-10/76bd0cfd-917c-4d16-848a-0ecc585baf20
  6. add start icon to taskbar in windows 10

add start icon to taskbar in windows 10: add Microsoft logo to taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-start-icon-to-taskbar-in-windows-10/76bd0cfd-917c-4d16-848a-0ecc585baf20
  7. add start icon to taskbar in windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  8. How can I Backup my Windows 10 Start Menu Icons?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I Backup my Windows 10 Start Menu Icons?: Hi.Is it possible to backup my manually created Start Menu Icons? Below indicated in Red are what I mean tell me if they're called something else.The background to this is that every 3 or 4 months, my PC updates itself. Each time it happens al my Start menu icons disappear...
  9. How can I Backup my Windows 10 Start Menu Icons?

How can I Backup my Windows 10 Start Menu Icons?: Hi.Is it possible to backup my manually created Start Menu Icons? Below indicated in Red are what I mean tell me if they're called something else.The background to this is that every 3 or 4 months, my PC updates itself. Each time it happens al my Start menu icons disappear...
  10. How can I Backup my Windows 10 Start Menu Icons?

in Windows 10 Customization