Windows 10: windows 10 start meniu search cant find particular folders or files

Discus and support windows 10 start meniu search cant find particular folders or files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i read alot about this, yes i did index everything. idk wat else to try, please help. iv been using windows 8 for a few years, search also sucked, so i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dakukuu, Aug 1, 2016.

1. dakukuu Win User

windows 10 start meniu search cant find particular folders or files

i read alot about this, yes i did index everything. idk wat else to try, please help. iv been using windows 8 for a few years, search also sucked, so i eventually started using explorer to search for my files. not practical at all, i was hoping win 10 fixed this bs. any advice would be very helpfu.

:)

dakukuu, Aug 1, 2016

2. File explorer search not working in Windows 10

I do have same problem,

cant search or find any folder or file that I need using any of the search options in windows 10

It seems that only files and folders in one drive are showing up, really quick.

Mohan Reddy, Aug 1, 2016
  3. windows 10 upgrade

After upgrading to windows 10 from windows 7 i cannt use my start meniu programs

mindaugaskniukšta, Aug 1, 2016
  4. windows 10 start meniu search cant find particular folders or files

Welcome to the forum *Smile

I suggest you try 3rd party search software like Everything Search Engine by VoidTools which is totally free (donations accepted) Fast and efficient, I have been using it for years and have never had a problem
    Everything Search has a portable version so you can test it without installing it. I always use the portable version

When you first launch Everything it will create the database (Index) which should only take a few seconds, this database will be updated whenever you launch Everything
    There are other options like Run in background and Start with Windows but Everything is very fast to load and update the database so unless you are constantly searching there is no real need for these to be enabled.

FrillyBits, Aug 1, 2016
Thema:

windows 10 start meniu search cant find particular folders or files

1. windows 10 start meniu search cant find particular folders or files - Similar Threads - start meniu search

2. Cant folder search pdf files in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant folder search pdf files in Windows 11: used to be able to do a windows 10 folder search into contents of a pdf file ......... but now it cannot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-folder-search-pdf-files-in-windows-11/0694a5d6-5ade-419d-a3e6-cf6106ffe8cf
  3. Cant folder search pdf files in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant folder search pdf files in Windows 11: used to be able to do a windows 10 folder search into contents of a pdf file ......... but now it cannot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-folder-search-pdf-files-in-windows-11/0694a5d6-5ade-419d-a3e6-cf6106ffe8cf
  4. searching for a particular file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    searching for a particular file: Hi all, I'm reorganizing some files on my computer, and as a result need to find a couple of files. I thought they were in a particular location, but I can't seem to find them, nor can I find them in any of the other places I would think they might be. How can I use Windows...
  5. searching for a particular file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    searching for a particular file: Hi all, I'm reorganizing some files on my computer, and as a result need to find a couple of files. I thought they were in a particular location, but I can't seem to find them, nor can I find them in any of the other places I would think they might be. How can I use Windows...
  6. searching for a particular file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My search cant find files

in Cortana
    My search cant find files: i have done everything possible to do. been on so many sites trying to fix it. for some reason when i search i cannot find any files or apps using the start search or in documents search. i have checked my service is running. i have i did few cmd commands. i have tried...
  8. Can't Get Windows 10 Search To Find Files In A Specific Folder....

in Cortana
    Can't Get Windows 10 Search To Find Files In A Specific Folder....: I'm hoping someone can help me out here.... I have a folder - C:\MyStuff and I have a bunch of subfolders. I would like to be able to search for things by pressing the Windows key and then typing part of the name. I thought that would be possible - but Windows never...
  9. Windows 10 search function not finding any files in any folders

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search function not finding any files in any folders: I used to be able to type in part of the name of a file in a folder and the search function would find the file and I could click it. In the past couple of months, I have changed nothing but now whenever I search for a file in a folder (even if I type the entire name exactly...
  10. Start Menu search not finding files

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu search not finding files: When I go to search for files (such as images/videos) through the Start Menu search (Cortana), files do not appear in results. The only way I can actually find these files is to manually click the "More" dropdown and select whichever file type it is (photos, videos, music...