Windows 10: Windows 10 start menu and notifications not working

Discus and support Windows 10 start menu and notifications not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; WIndows 10 start menu and notifications menu not working when I left click on them. also some apps in my task bar begin to open and then immediately... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by McKinley_1, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Windows 10 start menu and notifications not working

WIndows 10 start menu and notifications menu not working when I left click on them. also some apps in my task bar begin to open and then immediately close when I try to open them. I have only had this problem for about a day. How should I go about fixing this issue?

:)

McKinley_1, Aug 19, 2018
  2. scevism Win User
    scevism, Aug 19, 2018
  3. Jetster Win User
    Jetster, Aug 19, 2018
  4. Windows 10 start menu and notifications not working

Start menu is not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Iunderstand the frustration if things are not working fine as expected.

Please help us with below details,

• When you say "If I sign in under my user name I am in some earlier version", which version you are referring to?

• Did you made any recent changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say “I cannot access the start menu and am limited to IP as a browser” Is it refers to Microsoft Edge?

As an initial steps, I suggest you to check for the Windows version. To do so, follow the below steps:

1) Login to your computer through user name on which it show earlier version of Windows.

2) Press Windows key + r.

3) Type winver, hit enter.

For the issue related to start menu, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft help article and check,

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Reply with results and necessary information to help you further.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 start menu and notifications not working

1. Windows 10 start menu and notifications not working - Similar Threads - start menu notifications

2. Setting, start menu, notification center, search menu not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting, start menu, notification center, search menu not working: Hello, after recent updates from Windows, I've found a lot of problems. I can't access the start menu, search menu, action center, task bar, as well as setting. When I try to use the keyboard shortcut to open the settings, it said something along the line like 'Class Not...
  3. Windows 10 no start menu, no settings, no windows store, no notifications

Windows 10 no start menu, no settings, no windows store, no notifications: So, this was my issue for the last three days. I tried every possible solution to fix it, except installing a fresh copy of Windows. Nothing helped. Sometimes, things even got worse. Initially, only windows store apps weren't available. Then, Start Menu disappeared. Then,...
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Start Menu not working: I have had this problem for several months. My Windows Start menu doesn't work. I can't left or right click on it. I can't add any new users either. If I double click on a jpg file I get "class not registered". I frequently receive the message "HPUTSCH not working". I...
  5. Start menu and notifications are blank

Start menu and notifications are blank: My computer locked up while writing a paper. I had to use the button to shut it down even though I didn't want to. When I powered the computer back on, it took a very long time. The I tried opening Word and this shows up: [ATTACH] All notifications are the same way. My...
  6. Windows 10 Start Menu not working

Windows 10 Start Menu not working: I have had this problem for several months. My Windows Start menu doesn't work. I can't left or right click on it. I have tried the powershell command with no luck. I can't add any new users either. If I double click on a jpg file I get "class not registered". I...
  7. Windows 10 Start Menu will not work

Windows 10 Start Menu will not work: Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\ShellExperienceHost.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: MoAppCrash Package Full Name:...
  8. Start Menu , Search and Notifications not work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu , Search and Notifications not work: Hello , suddenly my start menu , search and notifications not work. Even if i click on it it dont opens. I did this solution with this copy pasta at PowerShell but dont works : Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...
  9. Windows 10 start menu not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start menu not working: my start button on windows 10 does not do anything and the edge icon is missing from taskbar. I have tried sfc / scanner in powershell and nothing different, please help. 29480
  10. Start menu, Notifications and Apps stopped working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu, Notifications and Apps stopped working.: So yesterday I was just watching some videos on youtube and then the screen flashed for a second and started everything started acting up. I restarted my computer and since then, the start menu, notifications and all apps like the xbox app and store app no longer work. I did...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. notification and menu not working

2. windows 2016 menu and notifications not working

3. start menu and notification not working

4. windows start menu and notifications do not work,
  5. notification menu not working,
  6. start menu and notifications not opening,
  7. start menu and notification not working windows 10