Windows 10: Windows 10 start menu and settings will not open.

Discus and support Windows 10 start menu and settings will not open. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Everything was working perfectly until all these issues came up at the same time. Anyone know anything that would resolve this problems?Already tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MarqueeMoon, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Windows 10 start menu and settings will not open.

Everything was working perfectly until all these issues came up at the same time. Anyone know anything that would resolve this problems?Already tried restarting the computer, SFC /scannow on PowerShell, and restarting explorer.exe. They sometimes provide temporary fixes but the problem always returns.

:)

MarqueeMoon, Feb 2, 2018
  2. sramed Win User

Windows 10 -- Start Menu will not open and cannot start apps from Taskbar

I took the Surface Pro 3 to MS store. They worked on it a couple of hours while I waited. Then, the tech came out and said he would need to keep overnight. They ended up wiping the system clean and did a complete re-install and reloaded all updates.
    Works fine but then, of course, I had to re-install all software.

Working okay since.

sramed, Feb 2, 2018
  3. Windows 10 -- Start Menu will not open and cannot start apps from Taskbar

that's what i did

Wawaluigi1234, Feb 2, 2018
  4. Windows 10 start menu and settings will not open.

Please run winver and let us know what version you are running.
    If you have data you want to keep, back it up now.
    Is there a restore point available for when the system was running perfectly?
    --- And how long ago was it working perfectly?

This article has a Run Start Menu Troubleshooter in fix 2 of 6.
    Fix: Start Menu Not Opening In Windows 10

MeAndMyComputer, Feb 2, 2018
  5. If you are using third part antivirus and firewall programs and install them to see issue resolves if follow below instruction.

If you want you can preinstalled apps back, you can get them back with a single line of PowerShell code. Open a PowerShell window as a Administrator. Copy and paste the following line into the PowerShell window and press Enter:

Code: Get-AppxPackage –AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}[/quote]
    This tells Windows to install those default apps again. Give it some time and allow it to finish, even if nothing appears to happen at first. Even if you see an error message, restart and examine your Start menu — you may just have all those default apps back again, anyway.

FreeBooter, Feb 2, 2018
  6. Callender Win User
Thema:

Windows 10 start menu and settings will not open.

1. Windows 10 start menu and settings will not open. - Similar Threads - start menu settings

2. Start Menu, Settings will not open. Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu, Settings will not open. Windows 11: Just got a new PC.At first it worked fine. After a restart I was unable to make many basic interactions.While the taskbar is functional and I can open programs from it, I am unable to do the following:- Right Click programs to close/pin ect- Open the start menu. It simply...
  3. Start Menu, Settings will not open. Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu, Settings will not open. Windows 11: Just got a new PC.At first it worked fine. After a restart I was unable to make many basic interactions.While the taskbar is functional and I can open programs from it, I am unable to do the following:- Right Click programs to close/pin ect- Open the start menu. It simply...
  4. Unable to open setting and windows start menu

Unable to open setting and windows start menu: For a while I have an issue were setting crash immiedietly after trying to open it in any way and start menu is unresponsive as well as whole taskbar shows text if I hover over icons but clicking on it does not work.When I RMB on desktop to access display settings I get...
  5. Windows Start Menu not opening and neither is settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Start Menu not opening and neither is settings: I've been trying to open my start menu but it wont open,. I also can't open settings, ive tried using task manager to open it by running a new task but it just says it can't find it. I've tried the powershell command but it ends up saying " The deployment operation was...
  6. Windows Start Menu not opening and neither is settings

Windows Start Menu not opening and neither is settings: I've been trying to open my start menu but it wont open,. I also can't open settings, ive tried using task manager to open it by running a new task but it just says it can't find it. I've tried the powershell command but it ends up saying " The deployment operation was...
  7. Windows Start Menu not opening and neither is settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows 10 Start Menu, and Settings won't open!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Start Menu, and Settings won't open!: My cousin has an Asus G14 Laptop, the one with a ryzen 9 and an rtx 2060. I'm trying to fix it with all the top results on YouTube and chrome relating to "windows 10 Start Menu won't open", but none of them are working. My cousin said the last thing he remembers doing before...
  9. Windows 10 Can't open start menu or settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Can't open start menu or settings: So last week my computer updated to Windows 10, and ever since then I've been unable to open the start menu or open settings. When ever I click on the start menu button in the bottom corner it's process for a couple of seconds and then nothing will happen. The shortcut for...
  10. Can't open settings + start menu not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open settings + start menu not opening: Having issues opening my start menu/settings. Cannot use hotkeys to open them nor cmd prompts. Can still run task manager but I am having issues resolving this problem. I have tried creating a new user and switching to that account but no dice. Any help would be immensely...