Windows 10: Windows 10 Start Menu and Store dont work

Discus and support Windows 10 Start Menu and Store dont work in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I´ve got this problem for a couple of weeks now and I really want to fix it. I have no Error Warning or something like that, I simply can´t... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zoza, Jul 30, 2016.

1. zoza Win User

Windows 10 Start Menu and Store dont work

Hello, I´ve got this problem for a couple of weeks now and I really want to fix it. I have no Error Warning or something like that, I simply can´t click on the Cortana Searchbar. I´m only able to Right-Click on the Windows sign. I´ve run a Fix tool already, I can´t remember which but it said something like "Windows.Shell.Experience.Host and Windows.Cortana aren´t installed correctly". I also made this thing with powershell and Explorer restart, It doesn´t help. Please help me, thanks.

:)

2. jowelboy Win User

Start menu, cortana, notifications, App store and any 'app style' apps (like calc) stop working on windows 10

Sorry, but that link is the biggest 'stock' answers out there. Also, it basically says 'update everything and if that doesnt work start again.' Ffs microsoft, RESET windows???

No, no, no, no. Fix the damn start menu - stop subtling blaming users. Youve broken the start menu (and the app store, apps and notifications...) In windows 10. Fix it, dont give users work arounds like 'reset windows'.

You think apple users would put up with that?

jowelboy, Jul 30, 2016
  3. pdomino Win User
    pdomino, Jul 30, 2016
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu and Store dont work

I had the same exact issue zoza, try reinstalling your GPU drivers. I don't know why it fixed things for me, but it did. You can see my thread on the same subject here (TenForums)

Reactor686, Jul 30, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Start Menu and Store dont work

1. Windows 10 Start Menu and Store dont work - Similar Threads - Start Menu Store

2. Start menu search bar and settings dont work.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu search bar and settings dont work.: its been around a day since this problem started, the search bar on my task bar does not work doesn’t let me type and if i try to open the settings app it instantly closes after opening. not sure if this is a common problem or not but my searches for a solution online have...
  3. Start menu search bar and settings dont work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu search bar and settings dont work.: its been around a day since this problem started, the search bar on my task bar does not work doesn’t let me type and if i try to open the settings app it instantly closes after opening. not sure if this is a common problem or not but my searches for a solution online have...
  4. Start menu search bar and settings dont work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My fingerprint and start menu dont work

in Windows 10 Customization
    My fingerprint and start menu dont work: Hello, It is about a week that my start menu does not pop up and I have done all suggestions that I saw herehttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-not-working/248c0da6-8efb-4f67-acca-3b9409f08368.Also, my when I am logging in using my finger...
  6. Windows 10 Start Menu not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu not working: I have had this problem for several months. My Windows Start menu doesn't work. I can't left or right click on it. I have tried the powershell command with no luck. I can't add any new users either. If I double click on a jpg file I get "class not registered". I...
  7. Windows Start Menu and Windows 10 Apps Dont Click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Start Menu and Windows 10 Apps Dont Click: Hi. My start menu on windows 10 cannot click any programs to launch. Also the new settings app. i cannot click anything on that either. I have tried to restart explorer.exe but still doesnt work. Any help would be appreciated 32453
  8. searching on windows start menu dont work

in Windows 10 Support
    searching on windows start menu dont work: searching using windows start menu doesnt show searches when you type to get something on your computer.. but when i tryped in say "steelseries" to get the steelseries engine, and pressed enter, since i couldnt use mouse click on it cause it didnt show anything, it started...
  9. Windows 10 start menu not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 start menu not working: my start button on windows 10 does not do anything and the edge icon is missing from taskbar. I have tried sfc / scanner in powershell and nothing different, please help. 29480
  10. Start Menu and ALT+TAB Dont work on PC Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu and ALT+TAB Dont work on PC Startup: Hey guys, I had same issue on previous Windows 10 x64 Pro and a week ago I did fresh installed Windows 10 x64 Pro and facing same issue. Whenever I start my laptop start button and ALT+TAB dont work and when I do LOG OFF or Restart Laptop it will work. Edit: Moreover, I...