Windows 10: Windows 10 Start Menu bug makes it difficult to drag one app tile between two other

Discus and support Windows 10 Start Menu bug makes it difficult to drag one app tile between two other in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The Start Menu in Windows 10 works fine on most of the systems and the number of users experiencing issues with it has dropped significantly, but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Aug 12, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Windows 10 Start Menu bug makes it difficult to drag one app tile between two other

The Start Menu in Windows 10 works fine on most of the systems and the number of users experiencing issues with it has dropped significantly, but it appears that some are still unable to operate the Start menu’s features properly.

There’s a bug in Start Menu which makes it difficult to drag one app tile between two other with mouse and it exists on some systems only. We were able to reproduce the bug on Windows 10 April 2018 Update devices.

It goes without saying that rearranging the tiles on the start menu with a mouse is a really bad experience but it works fine on devices that supports touch-input. Microsoft’s Jen Gentleman recommends users to file this in the feedback hub so the software giant could trace it and fix it.

Windows 10 Start Menu bug makes it difficult to drag one app tile between two other Windows-10-Start-Menu-Bug.jpg

In other news, Microsoft is reportedly working on a slightly tweaked version of Start Menu. There’s a chance that Windows 10 19H1 could bring changes to the Start Menu that would improve the way users interact with the menus on the left-pane.

For example, the left side pane of the Start Menu may open on mouse hover and you would need to click pictures, documents, or power options to expand them.

The post Windows 10 Start Menu bug makes it difficult to drag one app tile between two other appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Aug 12, 2018

2. Windows 10 Start Menu all apps / tiles missing

So I woke my computer up from sleep last night and this is what I was welcomed with:

Windows 10 Start Menu bug makes it difficult to drag one app tile between two other [​IMG]

All of a sudden my start menu had no apps listed and no live tiles to speak of. So I did my googleing and I found this microsoft answer page: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-b988cd6da49a

I tried every step in their. After all said and done, I got installed programs to show up, but the live tiles that usually show to the right did not come back. I was ok with that, thinking I would work on this today and find a solution to that problem.

I just woke up the computer again from sleep and the start menu is blank AGAIN. Before this started happening last night, I have not installed any new software nor has windows ran any updates.

I'm at a loss. I tried system recovery and to roll back to a few days prior, but I keep getting an error after recovery is attempted stating that windows recovery wasn't able to fully complete due to a certain file (i can retry recovery and post picture of error if needed).

So any suggestions on whats my next step? I thought maybe I had a malware issue, but II have avast and malware antibytes installed and they showed no hits when the scans where run.

Any suggestions or guidance is greatly appreciated. Hope you all have a Great Turkey Day!

PS, I have to work today from 4pm to 6am, so If I do not reply right away I apologize.

Dalumberjack03, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Most Used Apps list vs Tiles in Windows 10 start menu

Thanks Cal.

The reason why we want to introduce Tiles to the users were there were two options - Shortcuts via "All Apps", or Tiles in the Namegroups on the Windows 10 Start Menu.

The users decided to go for Tiles via Start Menu and we want to provision the apps as Tile in the name groups on the Windows 10 Start Menu.

I am not sure how the virtualization solutions you suggested would anywhere help here.

The main concern here is ... why are the apps not appearing in the 6 Most used apps list if they are pinned as Tiles.

Has Microsoft given any statement regarding this ?

John Gorinta, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Start Menu bug makes it difficult to drag one app tile between two other

Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Start Menu bug makes it difficult to drag one app tile between two other

1. Windows 10 Start Menu bug makes it difficult to drag one app tile between two other - Similar Threads - Start Menu bug

2. Add app as a tile to the Start Menu Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add app as a tile to the Start Menu Windows 10: When I click Start, I see an app under "Most used". I want to add the app as a tile to the Start menu. When I right-click it, there is no option to pin it to the Start menu. There is only an option to unpin it.I can I add the app as a tile on the Start menu?...
  3. Can't Drag or Rearrange Tiles on My Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Drag or Rearrange Tiles on My Start Menu: Just finally was able to get my W8.1 upgraded to W10. Now I can't drag or rearrange any of the tiles on my Start Menu. When I click and hold the left mouse button on a tile and attempt to drag the icon, nothing happens, and as soon as I let go of the left mouse button, it...
  4. Can't Drag or Rearrange Tiles on My Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Drag or Rearrange Tiles on My Start Menu: Just finally was able to get my W8.1 upgraded to W10. Now I can't drag or rearrange any of the tiles on my Start Menu. When I click and hold the left mouse button on a tile and attempt to drag the icon, nothing happens, and as soon as I let go of the left mouse button, it...
  5. Can't Drag or Rearrange Tiles on My Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Bug with the start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug with the start menu tiles: Hello community,in the image below you can see a bug with the start menu tiles. I can't remove them nor move them around or interact in some way. I just have the context menu with "More-> Deactivate Live-Tiles" if this is the correct translation.How can I fix/remove it?...
  7. Bug with the start menu tiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bug with the start menu tiles: Hello community,in the image below you can see a bug with the start menu tiles. I can't remove them nor move them around or interact in some way. I just have the context menu with "More-> Deactivate Live-Tiles" if this is the correct translation.How can I fix/remove it?...
  8. Bug with the start menu tiles

9. Start menu tiles bug

Start menu tiles bug: My pc was working pretty slow so i decided to reset it. After reset everything was good when i noticed that the start menu tiles were messed up. Few tiles were overlapped on one another and while trying to seprate them the start menu...
  10. How to remove gaps between tiles in Windows 10 start menu

How to remove gaps between tiles in Windows 10 start menu: I have created additional rows of tiles in the windows 10 start menu tile section. How do I remove the gaps in between the tiles? I took a screenshot, and circled the gaps I would like to eliminate. https://imgur.com/a/bmL9ZwC...