Windows 10: Windows 10 Start Menu, cannot search internet - how to fix?

Discus and support Windows 10 Start Menu, cannot search internet - how to fix? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Everything on my Win10 PC works fine, ,except suddenly I cannot search internet from Start menu search box. Can fix? Thanks Tony... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by t87699, Jul 20, 2018.

1. t87699 Win User

Windows 10 Start Menu, cannot search internet - how to fix?

Everything on my Win10 PC works fine, ,except suddenly I cannot search internet from Start menu search box.

Can fix?

Thanks

Tony

:)

t87699, Jul 20, 2018

2. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jul 20, 2018
  3. scevism Win User
    scevism, Jul 20, 2018
  4. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Start Menu, cannot search internet - how to fix? - Similar Threads - Start Menu cannot

2. Windows Start Menu Search is slow [Fixed]

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Start Menu Search is slow [Fixed]: [ATTACH]The Search option is a great way to quickly find something from the deepest pocket of your Windows 11/10 computer. With Search Indexing turned on, it allows you to search out any file or folder using the feature in question. However, for some users, the feature isn’t...
  3. How to fix this Start menu getting blocked by search ‍♂️

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to fix this Start menu getting blocked by search ‍♂️: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/shafqramli [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m91bq4/how_to_fix_this_start_menu_getting_blocked_by/
  4. Does Anyone Know How To Fix The Search Menu Covering The Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does Anyone Know How To Fix The Search Menu Covering The Start Menu?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Pulagatha [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lnsn6a/does_anyone_know_how_to_fix_the_search_menu/
  5. Cannot access search bar in start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot access search bar in start menu: I cannot access the search bar in the start menu. Additionally, the multiple desktops icon on the taskbar is no longer available. This bug started yesterday, updating and restarting did not fix it. I would go to the searchbar, type in "microsoft feedback", and download the...
  6. Turning off start menu internet search

in Windows 10 Support
    Turning off start menu internet search: I finally got around to backing up my original dell image, and installing a clean Windows Pro image from Microsoft instead (been meaning to do it for a while). Dell didn't even originally give me the correct language version of Windows for my laptop, a minor annoyance but it...
  7. How to disable internet search through the start menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable internet search through the start menu?: I have been searching for an answer and all of the previous ones no longer work. I have the BingSearchEnabled registry key set to 0. I have the CortanaConsent registry key set to 0. Despite this, when I attempt to use the search in the taskbar, it now only does a Bing...
  8. Windows 10 - Start menu search

in Cortana
    Windows 10 - Start menu search: When I search for a folder by typing the name in the start menu, how can I then go to a subfolder without having to open the folder, e.g. I am trying to get to the following file documents/pictures/holidays/summer holiday 2018. I know I can just type on summer holidays...
  9. Windows 10 Start Menu Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start Menu Search: Hi, Search in Windows new start menu is annoying, each time web search using bing results are also shown, which is really unwanted. Using :: Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Search We can enable the following 3 options to disable...
  10. Is this an update issue? Cannot search in windows start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Is this an update issue? Cannot search in windows start menu: I cannot use cortana or most importantly search on the windows start box. I cant open edge browser or weather and my location changed to washington dc. Im posting here because the deathly similar report written on this page over a year ago but for windows 8: Windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot search from start menu